• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are there any good QD rings?

HomeSlice

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
IN, USA
I read the ARMS/SPR thread, and was left a little less than impressed by the ARMS rings.

Are there any QD rings that are worth a crap? I would define this as quality build, fit/finish, and ability to reliably return to zero.

This isn't for an AR, so I think I need rings only, not a new base. This will be going on a MAK tubegun kit, where the scope will come off quite frequently for XTC and/or Palma w/ irons.

Thoughts? Search here didn't yield a very coherent answer.

Thanks in advance,
-Slice

Re: Are there any good QD rings?

LaRue is GTG !!!

So many different LaRue setups you can go with. From their SPR line to QD bases to Taller QD Rings. All depends on scope/rifle setup.

Scope = Which One, Elev. Range?
Rifle: MAK Which Base?

Hope this helps,
FTK

Scope: NF 5.5x22x56mm, I think 100 MOA of elev, hopefully out to 1K
MAK: think the 0 deg base

I can pony up for the 25 MOA base if necessary but hoping I don't have to. It's going to be a .308 tho...

Thanks for the help!
-Slice

+1 for LaRue SPR series. The only place I go for QD. I was given an american defense QD 30mm mount a couple months ago but have yet to use it for anything so I can not attest to its attributes. It looks and feels solid to me but I don't see i t taking my business away from LaRue.

If you don't like ARMS rings LaRue would be the way to go. I personally have never had a problem with my ARMS rings but LaRue QDs are built much tougher.

I use LaRue QD mounts, but I also use ARMS rings extensively and haven't had any issues (except for one pair where a ring itself had some play with the QD base -- a defective unit -- which made it unusable except as a flashlight mount).

Why were you "less than impressed" with them?

LaRue for scope ring-base combo or I like the the QRP from leupold

I have had a set or ARMs QD for 3 or 4 years on an AR. It has over 6000 rounds and is constantly riding around on my fourwheeler gun rack getting bounced like crazy. It has been through 5 or 6 4 day rifle classes and tons of hunting trips. My scope never looses zero and I take it off for cleaning all the time and it goes right back to zero.

Call LaRue because their rings and bases aren't on their website. They'll hook you up...