• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are there any Precision Rifle comps in the New England area?

XTR

F-TR junkie
Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    I find myself living in NH these days and my main shooting hobby of long range F class is limited locally to a total of 4 matches a yr in Colonie, NY. (3½ hours), or Connaught in Canada (6 hours). Kind of a shock to the system after spending the last 20 yrs with in 20 min or less of the Oak Ridge where they shoot more my May than most places do all yr.

I'm looking for something else to satisfy my need to shoot at targets. Are there any competitions in the North East. Getting to Northeast PA is a 6 hour haul, that's a little far just to get my feet wet in this game. Looking for the NH, VT, ME area.

Fellow New Englander here

. The PRS matches (monthly) were being held at Granby Bow and Gun in western MA, but have been shut down by locals. We hope to have them up and running soon. Sheepdog Warrior in Catskill NY is also planning to run some PRS next year. There is a PRS Series match in Northern NH next summer. That match was very fun and challenging. There are rumors the Pemigewasset club in NH may hold some PRS matches, though limited to 650 yards.

For F-TR Nashua Fish and Game, Reading Rifle and Revolver (MA), and Scarborough Fish and Game(ME) are where it's at.

NH is a nice place to be. I'm not there, but close.

PM me if you have more questions.

Reactions: fvalmostthere
    Matches R limited,, public range you can shoot out to 1760++ their anytime

Yup, the Catskills game farm sign is still up!! lol

Stay tuned for other option's, another range in northern VT will start running matches hopefully by may. From the intel I got its going to be insane, mover's/1200yrd/multiple shooting locations etc.

Beyond my level. I presently practice at my home which is out to 500 yards. I will at some point in the future expand that to 1000 yards.

Beyond my level. I presently practice at my home which is out to 500 yards. I will at some point in the future expand that to 1000 yards.

You don't need much distance to practice, 100-200yrd small dots off barricade etc.. I train with my CZ455 @ 350 and in, great for learning wind and making sure your positioning is stable.

20180125_154044.jpg