• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are these guys legit?Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 FFP 3 models for $565.49?

Scopeye

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2022
US
Never seen these selling for this cheap before. Ever... Not even on Black Friday. They usually sell for $869.99 everywhere else and currently $607-$613 on Amazon. They're fantastic Chinese made scopes and are much better quality at least two levels higher than the new Bushnell Match Pro ED if that seller is legit and $565.49? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Not promoting sales just asking if these guys are legit since this price is much cheaper than even what their lower priced SFP Midas BTR Gen 2 sells for.

Last edited:
Fucking Walmart, sneaky bastards!
Rather fitting eh Walmart cutting prices on what they're really good at selling... Chinese made goods. At least this one's actually got good quality if it's legit.

This is for the discontinued GEN 1 BTR in non desirable MOA. It’s not the ETR. That was the going price on the Gen 1 BTRs when then we’re being closed out.

I think you are confusing the ETR with the BTR. Terrible nomenclature on Athlon.

good scope for bench shooting for the budget price but I found the eye box very unforgiving/sensative.

This is for the discontinued GEN 1 BTR in non desirable MOA. It’s not the ETR. That was the going price on the Gen 1 BTRs when then we’re being closed out.

I think you are confusing the ETR with the BTR. Terrible nomenclature on Athlon.

These are the current Gen 2 models according to their part numbers listed in their discriptions.

Last edited:

These are the current Gen 2 models according to their part numbers listed in their discriptions. I made no mention of any ETR models. This mention is specifically for the BTR Gen 2s. The only other worth mentioning is the Gen 1 Athlon Midas UHD 8x42 and 10x42 just over $200 and nothing else Athlon brand since the rest of the Athlon item listings are still way too overpriced same as most dealer prices. Cherry pick like how you shop at DVOR since many items are still overpriced and only a handful are worth considering based on price.

Last edited:
These are the current Gen 2 modelals according to their part numbers listed in their discriminations. I made no mention of any ETR models. This mention is specifically for the BTR Gen 2s.
Still not a “bargain” for that scope at $565.

If u want a bargain right now, go buy the made in Japan Brownells MPO scope on sale for $700 plus 15% off.

I checked some of those prices against ExpertVoice, some of the lower end was less, higher end Cronus for example a lot higher on Walmart.

I checked some of those prices against ExpertVoice, some of the lower end was less, higher end Cronus for example a lot higher on Walmart.
Not everyone qualifies to buy stuff at huge discount prices from Expert Voice and only the Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 and the discontinued Ares UHD Binoculars 8x42 and 10x42 are priced at good deals at Walmart online and nothing else Athlon there are even worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Never seen these selling for this cheap before. Ever... Not even on Black Friday. They usually sell for $869.99 everywhere else and currently $607-$613 on Amazon. They're fantastic Chinese made scopes and are much better quality at least two levels higher than the new Bushnell Match Pro ED if that seller is legit and $565.49? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Not promoting sales just asking if these guys are legit since this price is much cheaper than even what their lower priced SFP Midas BTR Gen 2 sells for.

Those low $600 prices are so skeezy. Kick your dealers off Amazon so you can sell solely for yourself on there, then undercut dealers by a drastic amount. Beautiful :D

Still not a “bargain” for that scope at $565.

If u want a bargain right now, go buy the made in Japan Brownells MPO scope on sale for $700 plus 15% off.
A buddy just returned his Brownells MPO 5-25x due to very poor image quality and unacceptable levels of chromatic abherration on high magnification and it's not made by LOW I told him he would have been much better off buying the $2200.00 top of the line (Japan Optics and also not made by LOW) Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 34mm for $649.99 from Scopelist or Euro Optic instead at least he could back the magnification down to 25x if that one had terrible image quality on high magnification.

The very miniscule total elevation travel in the Brownells 5-25x 34mm MPO made even myself not buy one. Luckily I didn't since I'm actually a glass snob.

Those low $600 prices are so skeezy. Kick your dealers off Amazon so you can sell solely for yourself on there, then undercut dealers by a drastic amount. Beautiful :D
Believe it or not some sellers are in fact Athlon dealers trying to lower their inventory including Gr8ful Doug under a different name. I'm all for that and support Cameraland in NY 100% since they're actually don't want to rip off their customers.

Reactions: Jaydee1445