• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are These Used McMillans Worth It?

ssnfa

Sergeant
Minuteman
A buddy that owns a gun shop has offered me four used McMillan stocks that were PD trade in's for next to nothing but all four were bedded to fit what was said to be "factory" M40 barrel R700's and he was told that any R700 would just drop right in.

However, he says that he can't get any factory 700 to just drop right in and he thinks they need lots of inletting and rebedding to even be useful. The bedding looks like it even done down around the trigger mechanisms and everything, I mean toooooons of material all through out the stocks.

The stocks are 2 HTG's with the freeland rails (one with adjustable thumbwheel adjustable stock), 1 A2 with adjustable thumbwheel stock and freeland rail and one A3 with freeland rail. All four are molded urban camo.

Are they saveable or are they more work then they are worth?

Re: Are These Used McMillans Worth It?

they are but there will be a cost to get them up to speed. PM me

I am amazed at how well used stocks hold their value. Since availability is tough ... or people don't want to wait on an order ... used stocks generally go for close to what new ones cost. Even if you sold them for half of retail, they could generate a nice profit if bought right.

Sure wished I had a 'buddy' with 4 cheap Mickeys he wanted to sell me. Seems the 'buddies' I have are always wanting something for nothing and then forget to pay the nothing!!
frown.gif

I might be interested in the htg w/thumb wheel.

Let me know if and how much.

Donnie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monteboy84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a quick job to remove old bedding on a mill.

-matt </div></div>

LOL. I use my little mill for that purpose more than any other. The Dremel users(I was one for a long time) nearly shit themselves when they see how fast it goes.