• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are TriggerTech's AR triggers as reliable as Geissele's?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Are TriggerTech's AR triggers as reliable as Geissele's SSA and SSA-E?

Are they a scroll design like their bolt action triggers, or a conventional design like most AR triggers?

Any Pros and Cons in the above comparison is appreciated.

I run both brands in AR15/AR10 rigs. TT Diamond single stage is motoring on without issues. I really dig the click adjust trigger pull on the TT and the whole "cassette" type drop in design.

Reactions: MSTN and USK308
When I built my 300BLK SBR, I initially put a Geissele SSA-E trigger in the lower. While my suppressor was in ATF holding pattern, I went to the range and did some ammuniton testing. I had the SSA-E from a previous build I had planned after I built my LFAR with an Geissele 2-stage...and while it is a great trigger, I had some strange things happening with the ammo AND the trigger pull was not feeling comfortable for me, for this caliber rifle.

I bought a TriggerTech Single-Stage Diamond AR-15 trigger, installed and went to the range. This trigger aligns better with the use-case for a 300BLK.

First observations were that the trigger pull was MUCH smoother (to me...purely my opinon). In addition...and I cannot explain as I followed my range test plan exactly as I had the during the first test with the SSA-E, but I did NOT encounter any ammo issues as I had prior. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE...BUT IS WHAT I EXPERIENCED. (lol). I was able to dial-in the amount of trigger pull that felt good to me within four (4) shots (3 clicks up from the lightest setting).

Installation of a drop-in / cassette style trigger is WAY easier than the traditional component style (like SSA/SSA-E, for example).

I have seen a video that shows how the TriggerTech AR trigger works, but can't seem to find it right now. There is some info with pictures on the page for the AR Single Stage trigger that may help explain.

Triggers are a subjective item for most, I think. You like what you like. For me, in my LFAR...I actually like my Geissele 2-stage trigger. For the 300BLK, my opinion is that the rifle is for running hard & fast IF the need arises, so you don't really want a 2-stage trigger (again...MY opinion).

Now that I have my suppressor, I know that I can load up 200gr S&B subsonics and go to town without any worries and know that the trigger pull is set right where it feels perfect for me every time I squeeze the grigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: FredHammer
I prefer TT, and have been running them for a few years now. No reliability issues at all over several guns and multiple ammo types.

Are they mil-spec? No. But I prefer the feel, they haven't let me down, and I don't see anything inherently less reliable in their design than springs, pins, and cast metal components of the Geissele.

I don't normally like these kind of tests, but this guy packed a TT full of sand and shot it, if that proves anything about it.

Last edited:
I prefer TT, and have been running them for a few years now. No reliability issues at all over several guns and multiple ammo types.

Are the mil-spec? No. But I prefer the feel, they haven't let me down, and I don't see anything inherently less reliable in their design then springs, pins, and cast metal components of the Geissele.

I don't normally like these kind of tests, but this guy packed a TT full of sand and shot it, if that proves anything about it.

Holy shit.

I recently put a trigger tech duty trigger in my ar15. Far and away better than a stock trigger. Having never owned a geissele trigger I can’t speak to that, but this trigger has an easy 3.5 lb break and zero creep on the reset.

I just looked at their webpage for the design and it's like all their others- the "roller and ticker" deal-eo. I'm gonna stick with Geissele for the known long term durability.

Reactions: LuckyLuke80
I was a dedi rated Geissele SSA-E trigger fan boy. Then I ordered a TT trigger and love it. If I ever need another rigger I wouldn't hesitate to by another TT. Sure is a lot easier to install than the Geissele triggers.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I love my trigger techs. I mostly use them in ar10’s. I’m still firmly on the ssa or -e bandwagon for ar15’s but I do have one with a tt and have zero complaints.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Are TriggerTech's AR triggers as reliable as Geissele's SSA and SSA-E?

Are they a scroll design like their bolt action triggers, or a conventional design like most AR triggers?

Any Pros and Cons in the above comparison is appreciated.
Trigger Tech triggers are fine. I would especially say they are fine if you shoot flat range stuff, competitions, hunting, ect. No they are not as reliable as a Geissele. The Geissele triggers have millions upon millions of rounds of in combat down range proven reliability. By comparison, the Trigger Tech reliability is theoretical. In general, I do not trust the casette triggers as much.