• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are Vudoo Mags the same as Bergarra mags?

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
Are they interchangeable, or are they proprietary. My Bergarra barreled action only comes with one mag, so was looking for some additional ones.

No. There is a video of someone trying a Vudoo mag in a B14r and they don't work.

Cool, thanks.

On a side note:

Then I guess the question is what is all the hub-bub about "Bergara Stole the vudoo magazine design", and they should be sued?

I mean I see the analogy as this. If Vudoo and Bergara are both magazines that feed .22 bullets into "their" designed rifle.

Then how is this different from a Sig, Beretta, HK, CZ, M&P, etc magazine for one of their 9mm pistols. Why doesn't everyone call for lawsuits of these. I mean it's a 9mm magainze designed to feed ammo into their specific pistol. They all look alike, they are all metal tubes that hold 17+ rounds of 9mm. So how is this different than then Vudoo versus Bergara mags?

Just my 2-cents. Convince me otherwise.

Because vudoo has a patent pending on rimfire in an aics form factor.

I can't believe it would actually stand up in court, but some here are very fired up about it.

Vudoo is good people, I just think they were a bit optimistic on trying to patent a magazine from AI that they modified.

The analogy on pistol mags is my view. Get upset that someone takes your design, not that they make a copy that doesn't function in your gun.

I also don't understand why some people seem to be so defensive of Vudoo in relation to the magazine patent. In no way am I trying to slight Vudoo here, but in my eyes it's just not an original idea. I'll concede that in a narrow window it may be an original application, but I don't feel it should stand up in court. The 22lr mags for AR conversions are very similar in design and function, and have been around for years. I get wanting to defend a smaller company from a larger one. But I don't think Bergara has copied anything they or anyone else would not have reasonably come up with on their own as a logical development of prior art.

More importantly, where are you guys ordering barreled B14R actions from? I've been holding off waiting for them to become available rather than buy a complete rifle.

I had my local dealer keep an eye open for me. There was (1) that popped up Sunday night, and I had given the standing order if he saw to buy it. He got it from RSR.

Reactions: Vodak
More importantly, where are you guys ordering barreled B14R actions from? I've been holding off waiting for them to become available rather than buy a complete rifle.

Local dealer. I had him put in an order back in February when he got this years price list.

Reactions: Vodak
Thanks guys, I didn't realize they were available since every online store only shows them as preorder. I've got a local shop that had a complete rifle at $975 new. I'll try to swing by tomorrow and see if they can start watching for an action at a good price as well.

Good news everyone!

I've figure out how to make the V22 vudoo mags work in the B14R. So far I'm not seeing any issues with feeding and extracting live rounds. I'm waiting to see how they will work with actually firing the rounds. I don't anticipate any problems extracting spent 22lr casings.

The 15Rnd V22 mags seem not to work in the B14R because the exterior of the feed lip body is thicker than the plastic B14R mags. The result is that the ejector bar of the B14R will interfere with full insertion of the V22 mag. The exterior wall thickness is a full 1.15mm thicker on the V22 mags than the B14R plastic mags. I suspect the ejector bar on the rifle was modified in later iterations to prevent a V22 mag from fitting.

To get it working, all you need to do is Dremel approximately 1mm off rear feed body, and round off the rear edges. Additionally, you may need to lower the lower apex of the rear "U" shape by 1mm as well to clear the bolt face from catching on it. This will in no way alter the interior dimensions of the magazine's feed path.

Essentially you are radiusing the top rear section of the magazine to clear the ejector and bottom right side of the bolt face. One might ask why I just didn't modify the ejector instead. My intent was to ensure that if this experiment didn't work out, I would still have a working gun at the end of the day.

As the mag fits perfectly, the next step is to see if anyone is willing to manufacture an aftermarket ejector that is shorter for the B14r in order to allow both mags to work without any Dremel work.

My setup is a B14R mounted in an ESS chassis, with no mods to the mag catch or mag well.

I hope this helps some people who are looking for a 15Rnd option for the Bergara, or those that want a sturdy mag compared to the flimsly plastic one from Bergara.
PXL_20201114_205150482.jpg

Reactions: sasquatch98226
Polymer Vudoo mags fit and function flawlessly in my B14R, no modifications needed. Might have something to do with the barreled action combined with a KRG Bravo, but I've had no issues at all. Over 1,000 rounds fired using Vudoo mags.

Not sure why you think the Bergara mag is "flimsy"...

Vudoo mags fit and function flawlessly in my B14R, no modifications needed. Might have something to do with the barreled action combined with a KRG Bravo, but I've had no issues at all. Over 1,000 rounds fired using Vudoo mags.
How old is your action and which mag are you using? My rifle was purchased early this year. Honestly the only thing preventing me from using the aluminum V22 mags is the damn ejector bar in the rifle. No matter what your mag seating depth is in the magwell, the ejector prevents the mag from going any further.

I'm wondering if this was a change made to more recent rifles.

How old is your action and which mag are you using? My rifle was purchased early this year. Honestly the only thing preventing me from using the aluminum V22 mags is the damn ejector bar in the rifle.

My action is from 2019, one of the first to be imported. I don't have the aluminum Vudoo, I have the polymer V2210 mags...I refuse to pay nearly $100 for a magazine.

Anyone try the RimX mags from Zermatt, I know that are pricey but I just wonder if they are cross compatible

Good news everyone!

I've figure out how to make the V22 vudoo mags work in the B14R. So far I'm not seeing any issues with feeding and extracting live rounds.

The Vudoo mags fit fine in my Bergara, but they do not feed correctly at all. Round hits the edge of the chamber hard. If you cycle the bolt slowly, it can sometimes work, but not at any practical speed, let alone match pace.

The Vudoo mags fit fine in my Bergara, but they do not feed correctly at all. Round hits the edge of the chamber hard. If you cycle the bolt slowly, it can sometimes work, but not at any practical speed, let alone match pace.
Are you using the aluminum ones? And more importantly, where is the round hitting hard? I am running mine in an MDT ESS that was formerly poached off a long gone Remington 700 AAC running AICS mags. At first I couldn't even get them to fit, and once I slowly started taking bit by bit off the rear edge, it was slowly hitting at the 12 o'clock. Eventually took off the right amount so that the mag seating depth allowed perfect feeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkerized
Are you using the aluminum ones? And more importantly, where is the round hitting hard? I am running mine in an MDT ESS that was formerly poached off a long gone Remington 700 AAC running AICS mags. At first I couldn't even get them to fit, and once I slowly started taking bit by bit off the rear edge, it was slowly hitting at the 12 o'clock. Eventually took off the right amount so that the mag seating depth allowed perfect feeding.

Yes, this was with the aluminum mags. Rounds were hitting the edge of the chamber at 6 o'clock if I recall correctly. It was also in the OEM stock. If you've changed the stock out for a chassis, you've also changed the mag catch height, which could explain why yours feeds and why the mags interfere with the ejector.

Yes, this was with the aluminum mags. Rounds were hitting the edge of the chamber at 6 o'clock if I recall correctly. It was also in the OEM stock. If you've changed the stock out for a chassis, you've also changed the mag catch height, which could explain why yours feeds and why the mags interfere with the ejector.
The Chassis and the HMR bottom metal share the exact same AICS mag profile. Like i stated earlier, I'm suspecting that there are different iterations of the B14R. Mine has an extended ejector bar/pin that prevent the mag from even seating. If you are hitting the 6 o'clock, its possible you may have the mag seated too low, especially if you are able to lock the mag in. I would compare it with where the factor mag sits to determine if you need to add or take away material from the mag or mag latch.

I'm simply showing that the mag can work properly with minimal changes.

The Chassis and the HMR bottom metal share the exact same AICS mag profile.
They're both AICS pattern, but they do have slightly different dimensions (I've made more than a few dozen of chamber flags for them, I've seen the differences in them and different bottom metal options). Mag catch height is not consistent between stocks/chassis, hence the need to adjust the height with the varying options out there.

Like several others that have tried to put an aluminum Vudoo mag in a stock Bergara, they typically do not feed correctly. You changed your stock and it happens to be set for the correct height (feeding wise). Even Vudoo documentation admits some mag height adjustment is required for proper operation in the varying stocks/chassis out there - they are not all plug & play/drop-in.

I'm simply showing that the mag can work properly with minimal changes.
*in the MDT chassis

They're both AICS pattern, but they do have slightly different dimensions (I've made more than a few dozen of chamber flags for them, I've seen the differences in them and different bottom metal options). Mag catch height is not consistent between stocks/chassis, hence the need to adjust the height with the varying options out there.

Like several others that have tried to put an aluminum Vudoo mag in a stock Bergara, they typically do not feed correctly. You changed your stock and it happens to be set for the correct height (feeding wise). Even Vudoo documentation admits some mag height adjustment is required for proper operation in the varying stocks/chassis out there - they are not all plug & play/drop-in.

*in the MDT chassis
I respectfully have to disagree to your response. They can be made to fit with the minor modifications to the mag regardless of the stock.

Hopefully this will help some people with getting their V22 mags to fit and cycle in the B14R. It literally took me less than 15 minutes to do, and most of the time was prepping work space and searching for protective eyewear. I've gone out of the way to put it back in the HMR stock to show you that it will work in the original stock. This process was way less intensive compared to having to modify a mag latch on a stock for a custom 700 footprinted action with an oversized bolt body.

Last edited:
Awesome work @TritonBlack !

I guess I got lucky with my polymer Vudoo mags...they just dropped right into my B14R/KRG Bravo and worked flawlessly with no modification.

Now that I know the aluminum mag will work, I don't mind spending $100 for a mag....but I do wish someone would hurry up and make a true 20rd mag for them.

Are they interchangeable, or are they proprietary. My Bergarra barreled action only comes with one mag, so was looking for some additional ones.
I was at the range shooting my B14r and a guy at a Vudoo. We started chatting and he asked if I ever tried the Vudoo mags in my B14r, I told him no. He handed me a mag and I loaded it up. First 2 rounds hung up a little but all others fired with no problem. Second mag full ran flawlessly. I don’t know if i they would have issues if I pushed the mag up against a barricad.

My B14R didnt come with a mag due to unknown reasons. I read about the guy sanding the corner of the feed lips of a Vudoo mag so I bought one. About 15 minutes with a file and the mag works perfect. Somewhere there is a video this guy did and I will say he is spot on. Have about 250 rounds though that mag alone.

I shaved a bit of a plastic Vudoo mag, basically the same process as the vids with the aluminium ones. Works perfectly in either the standard stock and a KRG Bravo.