• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are you a fullsize action or mini action rimfire guy?

What size of rimfire action do you prefer

• Full size (Remington 700 footprint, - Vudoo, Bergara, Rem 40x, etc..)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Small/mini (CZ, Anschutz, Ruger, Savage, sako, etc..)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Don't really care, Whatever is in my budget and is accurate

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Frankr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
With all the new fullsize (Remington 700 footprint) rimfire actions coming out and SHOTSHOW 2020 around the corner. I am curious as to how many actually prefer the fullsize rimfire actions?

I am in the camp that I don't really care as long as it is accurate and within my budget. I don't mind the mini actions and in some ways prefer them because they are lighter overall but who knows this might make them less rigid than fullsize actions. I don't care if it's an exact replica of my centerfire guns because I shoot the rimfire more and probably shoot my 10/22 the most even over my other rimfires.

If I had a choice between an equally smooth and accurate Bergara B14 and a CZ 457 in a manners stock with a Proof CF barrel, I would lean towards the CZ because of the weight savings and to me the faster handling.

On the flip size if I had a heavy barreled Anschutz 1416 vs the Bergara B14 I would probably to the B14 because of the aftermarket support and ease of changing out stuff if I want to down the road.

I understand many of the fullsize actions are double or more the price of a smaller action but other than price do you prefer one over the other?

I run a Tikka T1X. I prefer to have some weight on my rifle as it's steadier for PRS rimfire matches, so small vs large action, it's not about the weight that made me choose.

I want a 60 degree throw. After living with one, I don't want to go back to a 90 degree throw.

V22, Bergara, and ZAI's are all 90 degrees right now, so that leaves me with Tikka or CZ. Tikka has more chassis and trigger support than CZ, so I went with the Tikka.

I would choose a V22 because they're more accurate than the Tikka, but it's chasing tenths game really. I don't see me winning any more rimfire matches because I had a V22 over my Tikka build. The R700 platform is nice if your other rifles are R700 as well... right now I went with T3X/T1X chassis platform, which at least is re-usable.