• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are you fucking kidding me with this; eating very clean causes fucking gout

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Holy fucking shit. You have got to be fucking kidding me with this shit.

So I've been trying to cut a little, all the while doing 2x cardio every other day (1 time 30min HIIT, 1 time 30 min keeping heart rate in the 140-150 zone) and lifting the other days (up to almost 400lb 8 rep deadlift, wooo).

So I basically eat something daily that looks like this:

Breakfast: 8-10tbsp egg beaters, 1oz cheese, 1x steel cut oatmeal
    Snack: Banana + 1 cup milk + 1 scoop 'Myprotein' protein shake
    Lunch: 6oz ground chicken or ground turkey breast + entire bag of steamed vegetables (bag is like 3.5 cups)
    Pre workout snack: 2 tbsp peanut butter, sometimes toss a can of tuna in there too
    Post Workout: 1 cup milk + 1 scoop 'Myprotein' protein shake
    Dinner: 6oz ground chicken or ground turkey breast + avacado or some sort of veg
    Snack: This is to basically shore up to 180g protein, so it can be tuna if I didnt eat a can earlier (try to do just 1 a day), protein shake if I didn't eat enough turkey/chicken, etc.

Try to hit 180g protein, stay under 80g carb, drink 1 gallon of water.

And all of this, plus TWO MOTHERFUCKING BEERS one night apparently equals fucking gout the next morning. What. The. Fuck. Seriously. What the fuck? Yet there's 400lb faggot motherfuckers out there that eat an entire bag of donuts for breakfast and chase it with a box of Capn Crunch 3 times a day and...no uric acid for you..no gout. How in the fuck? FUCK!

Last edited:
    Reactions: tt123
    Going to sound crazy but turmeric and pepper will take it away. I go real heavy putting it in everything but it has to be based with pepper. Try it.

So I've been trying to cut a little, all the while doing 2x cardio every other day (1 time 30min HIIT, 1 time 30 min keeping heart rate in the 140-150 zone) and lifting the other days (up to almost 400lb 8 rep deadlift, wooo).

Lunch: 6oz ground chicken or ground turkey breast + entire bag of steamed vegetables (bag is like 3.5 cups)
    Pre workout snack: 2 tbsp peanut butter, sometimes toss a can of tuna in there too
    Dinner: 6oz ground chicken or ground turkey breast + avacado or some sort of veg
    Snack: This is to basically shore up to 180g protein, so it can be tuna if I didnt eat a can earlier (try to do just 1 a day), protein shake if I didn't eat enough turkey/chicken, etc.

And all of this, plus TWO MOTHERFUCKING BEERS one night apparently equals fucking gout the next morning. What. The. Fuck. Seriously. What the fuck? Yet there's 400lb faggot motherfuckers out there that eat an entire bag of donuts for breakfast and chase it with a box of Capn Crunch 3 times a day and...no uric acid for you..no gout. How in the fuck? FUCK!

Its all about the genetics ... end of story

Its all about the genetics ... end of story

Yeah but I have superior German genetics. So WTF?

I need to go see who in my family has ever had this; never heard of anyone ever mentioning it but we'll see tomorrow who is at fault.

Gout sucks bro, there's no two ways about it. I've been dealing w/ gout for the past 11 years. Anything that will cause a spike in your uric acid will cause you pain & suffering. The first order of business is you'll have to cut out all organ meats. Period. I'm not sure how much Mexican food you like, but that means no tripitas, menudo, etc. There's no more liver, heart, gizzards, chitlins, or any of that type of food. Forget even eating food cooked in the same pan as any of the above mentioned foods w/ out having thoroughly washed said utensils. It really kills me to tell you this, but eating a big, juicy red steak & washing it down w/ a few beers is like daring gout to come after you.

I'll assume you're taking Indomethacin & colchicine? I'm supposed to take this shit daily for the past 10 years. I only take it when the gout flares up. Don't worry, gout will let you know when it's coming. For me, it starts almost always starts w/ an itch in my right big toe. There's no mistaking this itch. Which means, I take 2 Indomethacin right away. Usually taking the 2 Indomethacin is enough to stop it in it's tracks. The next day I take one of each & the next day the same thing. If there's no sign of it affecting me anymore I stop taking the meds. You'll should have a bottle of each on hand at all times. Trust me, you'll thank me for this advice down the road. Several times.

Sometimes, too much beer will cause your uric acid to spike. Once in a great while, the gout will surprise you and affect you in a whole new area. Last year, it hit me in the middle of the outer left foot. I had no idea what it was. I was fucking clueless. This time it bruised the top & outer edge of my left foot & left it an ugly shade of purple. I went to the doctor & guess what he told me? Gout from another angle. So, I went home & resumed meds for about 5 days before I felt it safe to cease taking meds. Always, always travel w/ your gout meds. That's another piece of advice worthy of remembering. Ask me how I know?

As far as superior genetics go, 3/4 of my genes come from the Sudetenland as well. My Grandmother had gout incredibly bad. In her late years it would affect her all the way up to her hips. Yes, I did say hips. She was straight up old country too w/ English as a second language.

Good luck.

Last edited:
    That sucks man. Did you go off keto and start back up by chance?

"Short term studies show a temporary rise in uric acidduring the first few weeks when starting a strict (i.e. keto) low-carb diet. This effect seems to disappear after about six weeks, with uric acid returning to baseline or even lower."

That sucks man. Did you go off keto and start back up by chance?

"Short term studies show a temporary rise in uric acidduring the first few weeks when starting a strict (i.e. keto) low-carb diet. This effect seems to disappear after about six weeks, with uric acid returning to baseline or even lower."

No, I had stopped it a while ago. Felt like I was just eating grease all day lol Went back to more of a keto plus a few carbs route which is much more sustainable, plus if I screwed up on something I didn't get knocked out of it for a few days.

Gout sucks bro, there's no two ways about it. I've been dealing w/ gout for the past 11 years. Anything that will cause a spike in your uric acid will cause you pain & suffering. The first order of business is you'll have to cut out all organ meats. Period. I'm not sure how much Mexican food you like, but that means no tripitas, menudo, etc. There's no more liver, heart, gizzards, chitlins, or any of that type of food. Forget even eating food cooked in the same pan as any of the above mentioned foods w/ out having thoroughly washed said utensils. It really kills me to tell you this, but eating a big, juicy red steak & washing it down w/ a few beers is like daring gout to come after you.

I'll assume you're taking Indomethacin & colchicine? I'm supposed to take this shit daily for the past 10 years. I only take it when the gout flares up. Don't worry, gout will let you know when it's coming. For me, it starts almost always starts w/ an itch in my right big toe. There's no mistaking this itch. Which means, I take 2 Indomethacin right away. Usually taking the 2 Indomethacin is enough to stop it in it's tracks. The next day I take one of each & the next day the same thing. If there's no sign of it affecting me anymore I stop taking the meds. You'll should have a bottle of each on hand at all times. Trust me, you'll thank me for this advice down the road. Several times.

Sometimes, too much beer will cause your uric acid to spike. Once in a great while, the gout will surprise you and affect you in a whole new area. Last year, it hit me in the middle of the outer left foot. I had no idea what it was. I was fucking clueless. This time it bruised the top & outer edge of my left foot & left it an ugly shade of purple. I went to the doctor & guess what he told me? Gout from another angle. So, I went home & resumed meds for about 5 days before I felt it safe to cease taking meds. Always, always travel w/ your gout meds. That's another piece of advice worthy of remembering. Ask me how I know?

As far as superior genetics go, 3/4 of my genes come from the Sudetenland as well. My Grandmother had gout incredibly bad. In her late years it would affect her all the way up to her hips. Yes, I did say hips. She was straight up old country too w/ English as a second language.

Good luck.

It hit me in the outer left foot. Initially thought it was a trapped nerve as I had nerve pain in my left hamstring as well. I had never had it before and it wasn't until we realized I had gotten it this time and once last week (for a day) both times after going out for beers with people and then the next morning woke up with this shit. The second time was 10 times worse, it went from a nerve pain to full on inflamed to where I couldn't walk on it at all.

Colchicine fore 2 days and its gone. It just really pisses me off that this exists; you eat clean and theres a fucking disorder for that too.

I assume you used ketostix and made sure you came out? If not, maybe get a blood test and make sure your kidney hormones are good, BUN creatinine, etc. If you don't want to do the pills, my boss took a tablespoon of black cherry extract every day to keep his gout under control until he had his kidney transplant. Post transplant his gout disappeared.

Could be nothing, but a blood workup is pretty inexpensive.

I assume you used ketostix and made sure you came out? If not, maybe get a blood test and make sure your kidney hormones are good, BUN creatinine, etc. If you don't want to do the pills, my boss took a tablespoon of black cherry extract every day to keep his gout under control until he had his kidney transplant. Post transplant his gout disappeared.

Could be nothing, but a blood workup is pretty inexpensive.

I actually have full panels run on everything related to anything having to do with metabolism and thyroid levels twice a year since I came back from Afghanistan with thyroid cancer and had a total thyroidectomy. That's also probably part of everything that's been coming up since then, as while I am on the correct dosage of synthroid, there have been noticeable changes in basically EVERYTHING from how I sleep, to diet/metabolism, to random things happening that I'd never had before. Not having a thyroid, or having a thyroid condition is one of those death by a thousand cuts types of bullshit.

Damn. Having T4, etc out of whack is a tough road. That and guys trying to manage diabetes makes body building so much more difficult. Good on you for sticking with it. Personally, I probably wouldn't do a Keto diet to cut with a thyroid issue, but that ship has sailed. Not sure if a banana and some milk is enough sugar to take you out of Keto. You doing a lot of carrots or any fruit? I piss on the stix until there's no purple left, but I do 200+ protein and 150+ clean~ish fat daily when I'm cutting. My maintenance calories is about 3300 daily. That's a shitoad of meat, eggs, protein powder, cheese and MCT for anyone wondering. That keeps me between 235-245# but I carry about 17% BF most of the year unless I'm training for something specific. I won't cut under 10% anymore.

I assume your blood work showed the creatinine in the normal range. If so, your kidneys are probably in good shape and you're just super fucking unlucky. Still, something is causing it. Next time it flairs up you might consider getting blood drawn that day to make sure.

If nothing else, it's a good excuse to have an extra 8oz of rib eye and some baked Cheetos with that beer.

Last edited:
    The next time that shit flares, ie after a huge, rare steak & a twelve pack of your favorite beer, I'm sure the gout will come calling. That would be an excellent time to have blood drawn for a full workup. Let me ask you this German, has anyone in your family ever suffered from gout? I was told by a doctor years ago that it oftentimes skips a generation. The reason I say that is my grandmother had gout & nobody else in the family had it, except me. Because I'm the lucky one.

There may be a connection to the keto diet as well. When I was still boxing I ate a keto like diet. Lots & lots of protein & very few carbs.

Thank you for this, I laughed so hard I almost cried as I was reading it. I've had a couple bouts with gout as well and its a bitch. I'm doing a lot of the same things you are as far as workout and diet (minus the beer) so I hope you are in some kind of detox mode as I LOVE a great steak once in a while.

So apparently my mother had gout in her knee twice when she was younger. I can't even imagine what the fuck that would feel like in your knee. Holy shit. I thanked her for being the weak link in my genetics and went back to my usual protein diet today. The diet is 100% fine as I have been on it for months now without an issue. The problem came when within a period of 10 days, I went out for beers twice. The first night I had what I thought was a slightly pinched nerve and it went away later that day; the second time roughly a week later was the big fucking deal where we figured out what it was.

Looks like I get to not have beer, which isn't that big of a deal as its usually a social thing rather than I just grab a beer, but still, this has to be the dumbest fucking disorder I've ever fucking heard of.

Stay tuned. Next week at this rate I'll have fucking scurvy.

Reactions: Cdiver0109
    Fuck it, Bourbon is less filling anyway.

OP, i been eating an extremely low carb diet for 2 1/2 years. About 4-5 months in I experienced gout in my elbow. Man that sucked. I was frustrated like you because I had lost a ton of weight and feeling fantastic with my new found way of eating. I took a chance and stayed with my diet. Its been over two years later and have not experienced gout since. Maybe you will fair the same.

I have been gout free for about a year. My luck, just reading this thread will kick start a bout. Couple of years ago I got a gout attack that started in the airport om my way to Mexico. Spent 12 days in misery skipping across the hot sand in agony. I now travel with meds. at the ready.

Man I am sorry you developed Gout I have been fighting it for a couple years now. I went to the Doctors took all of the medicine they gave, me didn't seem to help! I was in a health food store one day and ask a lady in the natural medicine dept. what I should use. The product is called Gouch, made by "Redd Remedies" and I also take Cod Liver Oil pills 1000mg. a day, made by "Carlson" I haven't had an attack in almost 8 months! I do eat most anything I want, I don't drink beer any more, but I wasn't drinking it when the gout first started either! Maybe this will help you Hopefully!!!

Reactions: Ric O'shay
    I'm with you. I've lost 25lbs, workout regularly and eat really well. I've had to cut back the beers and I love IPAs. It sucks, but it can be managed. My Dr told me high protien diets along with beer was the key to my big toe flare.

I feel you boss. I was 6'1 235, and while I wasn't solid muscle, I was in good enough shape to be doing construction 5 days a week, and logging the other 2. I ate pretty well, and tried not to drink too much. At 28 years old, I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic (after losing 40lbs in 3 months, unexplainably).

Turns out it was late onset type 1, and there was nothing I could do about it in all reality (purely genetic), but holy hell was that a life changing moment. My grandmother was 5'4" and 90lbs soaking wet, and suffered from gout most of her adult life.

One of my engineers is 35, 5'10" 160lb and was a college athlete who still regularly schools the young guys in basketball at lunch, and he suffers from gout as well. You'll know when he's flaring up because he comes in dressed up, but with 2 sneaker on.

Sometimes, life deals you a shitty hand. Keep doing what you're doing, and according to Rich (my engineer), cherries are great at reducing flare ups.

My German friend this does not sound like just a "What. The. Fuck." This sounds more like a matter of What. The. ROYAL. Fuck.