• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are you guys having as much trouble as me?

Duffy1298

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Jacksonville
I am desperate for some SMK 175 s and primers. Have you guys been having as much trouble as me getting your hands on this stuff? If not PLEASE enlighten me as to where you find it. Thanks fellas.

Anything in 308 is terribly hard to find. Which is why Im now stocking up on supplies for my 6.5x47, 6BR, and 270. Its nice to have a few different toys to play with. I can usually find enough stuff to keep atleast 2 guns up and running. But it does look like my 300winmag is going to sit for a while. I dont want to deplete the supplies I have for that.

My best advice is to get on the notification list on midway and keep checking often or if you have a smart phone use that. I scored 1000 69gr smk bullets that way. PS they came in 3 months before estimated. Good luck.

+1 on the notification list. I usually make the rounds on all the websites every week. Honestly I've had the best luck here on the hide. I may get fired from my job because I'm checking the hide 10 plus times a day but dammit I have some bullets. Also some guys post when places have stock. Scored that way once last week. Good luck and stay on it! You'll find some.

Yep - any component that is common is gone and sold immediatly when they do come in stock.
I grabbed 1k 175SMKs just as the mess started and I'm glad as hell that I did.

The wildcats are now starting to disappear...i'm having a time finding 6.5CM brass.
I'd love some factory 140Amax ammo if anyone has any for sale (no thanks if you're thinking of inflating the prices).

I lucked out. I still have a pretty good supply of 175s I haven't been shooting because I've been heavy into Vintage Rifle lately. You don't need 175s for 200 yards. Got enough for the Vintage Sniper shooting for a while, using 168s at 300 and 175s at 600.

Still have plenty of pulled mil 174s for offhand practice.

I'm pretty well set across the board except for 22s. Have enough of that for matches but not enough for practice. Never thought I'd be using 308s and 357s to practice for mouse guns.

this anti gun shit is really annoying. i guess ill just keep on the prowl....... i haven shot my rifle in over a month now its getting ridiculous I'm having withdrawals....haha

I got 1500 175's from powder valley they are supposed to be here on the 25th but im having trouble getting primers I want

I bought some 175s at Midway a few weeks back. Thought it was odd they had them. My local shop had them too but they are $45/100. I refuse to pay that.

My shop also had 260 brass and 6.5 bullets. I bought some, but got AMAX as, like the 175s, the 142 gr Sierras were out of sight.

Try eabco.com. If no luck there, pm me. I have at least 200, maybe 400 of those pills that I'm looking to get rid of. I have some 168s also...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's just pure luck that I have stumbled on some components. My brother works out of town and has found a couple things, today i got 550 pieces of new Remington .260 brass. A little higher than normal but wasn't too bad.

Just surfing for supplies Brunos has once fired 223 for 750 a thousand wow.
I think Bruno may be on crack. 90 cents per piece of Winchester 7mm Remington brass. I should go to Bass Pro and buy all they have ($24.99/50) and sell them to Bruno.

I will say this once on the net. I have had all I can take on the component shortage. While not a wizard..I am 51 years old and have seen this all before. many many times...If I had a neighbor that needed his press set up, primers or powder...I would gladly set his press up, adjust his dies and take a reloading gift of powder/primers in exchange for a cup of black coffee. This too shall pass. The sky is not falling. Components like deer are where you find them, how you find them. Good hunting sir.

I will say this once on the net. I have had all I can take on the component shortage. While not a wizard..I am 51 years old and have seen this all before. many many times...If I had a neighbor that needed his press set up, primers or powder...I would gladly set his press up, adjust his dies and take a reloading gift of powder/primers in exchange for a cup of black coffee. This too shall pass. The sky is not falling. Components like deer are where you find them, how you find them. Good hunting sir.

Well spoken rdinak.

From what I understand primers are so hard to find now because they are all going to factories to try to produce factory ammo. Once factory ammo is all back in stock and the ammo scare is over we will see primers back on the shelf.

My two calibers are 223 and 260. I've got primers (lucked out and found 5k CCI BR-2 for $125 last summer), but cannot find powder (H4350) for the 260 to save my life. My 223, I'm set except for bullets (Hornady 50gr Z-Max).

When I had a 308, the usual suspects (Fed 210M, Varget, and 175gr SMK) were easy enough to find. There are some places that are getting powder in (Powder Valley had Varget in a couple of weeks ago).

Primers are the big ticket item that no one seems to have. You can find them on GB or that other site, but you'll need to sell your first born or be willing to give up a body part.

this anti gun shit is really annoying. i guess ill just keep on the prowl....... i haven shot my rifle in over a month now its getting ridiculous I'm having withdrawals....haha

It's not the anti-gun crowd that's buying up anything and everything they see on the shelves, it's members of our own "Gun Community".

FWIW, there is no shortage of manufacturers or raw materials. It's a supply problem. Factories can't produce, package, and ship fast enough because everyone who shoots and reloads has panic'd.

The "Anti Gunners" could give a crap.

From what I understand primers are so hard to find now because they are all going to factories to try to produce factory ammo. Once factory ammo is all back in stock and the ammo scare is over we will see primers back on the shelf.

It's not only factory production that is using up primers. The same old bullsh-t primer scare stories are also recirculating. Remember the primer scare of (was it '96?) when the contemptible rumors about how Clinton was going to outlaw them drove scarcity and prices? It's the same thing now. . .wild speculation fueled by despicable rumor mongers that generates fear and anxiety .

I am an old man, so when I say that I have enough components to last the rest of my life, I don't mean that I have a lot.
Back about Y2K, I started a practice of ordering more that I needed, and ordering before I shot every thing I had.
Now I have much powder, thousands of primers and thousands of bullets, in many calibers.
When things are back in stock, order more than you need, a little at a time.

I haven't had much problem finding what I need,but then again I don't tell everyone where its at when I find it ?

Midway notification list has been good for me, not specifically for reloading stuff, but in general. Just be prepared to jump on their site and by RIGHT AWAY. I've seen stuff be gone in ~5 minutes after I got an in stock alert.

Duffy, I also live in VA beach and look for 308 components alot. PM me your phone# (we can trade info if you dont mind) and I will give you a heads up if I find something more than I am looking for and you the same for me. I may be able to help you out a little with primers at the moment but 175's are very tough to get. Always interested in helping a fellow hider.