• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are You Happy With Your USO Spotting Scope ???

HugoStiglitz

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
PHX AZ
Got mine about 2 yrs ago in a trade with a USO dealer. Got it because it had the Mil GAP reticle to compliment my USO SN3 (and the dealer REALLY wanted my trade item). I realize that it is a Field Scope and all. I'm not complaining about the Chromatic Abberation (purple outlines etc...), it just does not seem to have the clarity and crispness of my SN3 when comparing the 2.

Is this normal for this spotter in your experience. When I put the ARD shade on it, it really is noticably dimmer, unlike the SN3 which shows no dimming (I would expect the 2 to be similar in image quality, that's what leads me to think I have an issue with the spotter). Also, it seems VERY particular about proper eye positioning, minor head movements are not tolerated by it.

I have not used any other high-end spotters in the field for comparison. How do you owners feel about the performance of your spotters. I think I just expect a little from a $1000 optic.

Thanks for any constructive input!
Joe

Re: Are You Happy With Your USO Spotting Scope ???

I didn't like the limited field of view, which is I why I ended up trading it off. The eye relief was nice on mine; more forgiving than any other spotter I had used. The glass was good enough, but could have been better for the price.

Re: Are You Happy With Your USO Spotting Scope ???

I considered the USO spotter but read too many mixed reviews on it. From what I gathered it does not have the same following the rifle scopes do. I went with a Leupold 12-40x60 HD spotter and could not be happier. From what I recall reading, there is probably nothing wrong with your spotter, just the way they are.