• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Are you selling your current optic to buy a Beast?

117D-RTO

Shooter ready, standby...
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2010
Erie, Colorado
Looking to see if my gut is right, I know some people in the market for a scope and I figured there is going to be a bunch of quality optics going for sale soon to help fund some good old gotta have the latest bling thing.

Let's not break the rules here (don't post an ad here for your scope derrr) but just interested if you are considering or have made up your mind to sell your current optic to buy the Beast?

I'm not, but I will be picking up a beast to screw around with.

Probably not.

Now when Nightforce gets rid of the switch and makes it a double turn turret, then yes.. possibly.

I bought a bushnell XRS because I got tired of waiting and wanted to shoot my Gap 10, the plan was to sell it when the beast finally came out and I still may but I do like the Bushnell so I may just keep it. :)

Nope.

Don't think I'll be selling a scope to fund another scope for a LONG time or until some feature comes up to where any scopes before it are obsolete.

awesome

556294_10151870206342953_1318627223_n.jpg

Through the Beast with my iPhone

1185544_10151870504742953_1055691106_n.jpg

Its super crispy and even through my iPhone looks great

If only they had put a real turret on that thing.......god that clicker is fucking ghey.

It makes little sense in the MOA Version, but the Mil version is definitely good.

Its super simple and 20 Mils per turn,

I mean come on, the Original MST 100 had the "throw lever" with 3 Minutes up and down, on top of the BDC and that the Top scope in it's day. To act like it hasn't been done or didn't work, is what is GHEY, cause the USMC used the Throw levers for 40 years with great success.

The lever is fast and simple. the brake is just a lock, but you can't say lock so they say brake. This was a request, which is why most scopes have locks now.

Mils are easy, throwing that .1 is just as easy, and it's placed in a way to make it fast. I have been playing with it on that PSR for 3 days and I like it. (though it proves MOA suck, cause the .25 doesn't help)

Well see what the masses say. That turret is my only complaint, after spending a few mins outside with one of the prototypes.......Everything else i.e. windage, Glass, Eyebox....are fucking solid.

Time will tell about the turrets and the clicker though.

Looking to see if my gut is right, I know some people in the market for a scope and I figured there is going to be a bunch of quality optics going for sale soon to help fund some good old gotta have the latest bling thing.

Let's not break the rules here (don't post an ad here for your scope derrr) but just interested if you are considering or have made up your mind to sell your current optic to buy the Beast?

No.
I'll keep what I got.

No. I can't see it doing anything better than my PH's and I got rid of a Razor because of the TALL turrets!

No. I can't see it doing anything better than my PH's and I got rid of a Razor because of the TALL turrets!

I will keep using my Schmidts, PH's, and March FX. I am more than content with these scopes. If I had to choose one it would be the S&B 5-25 H2CMR. I am sure the Beast will be great. However, at present I do not have a need for the features of this mythical-like scope. I am quite fond of NF as a company and I have owned numerous NF optics. I am certain that those who do purchase will be satisfied.

I will keep using my Schmidts, PH's, and March FX. I am more than content with these scopes. If I had to choose one it would be the S&B 5-25 H2CMR. I am sure the Beast will be great. However, at present I do not have a need for the features of this mythical-like scope. I am quite fond of NF as a company and I have owned numerous NF optics. I am certain that those who do purchase will be satisfied.

When you said If you had to choose one it would be the S&B 5-25 H2CMR Was that choosing one to keep or choosing one to sell?

I already have an ATACR mil-r. My mindset is that the sfp won't be an issue for me as it is sitting on a 22 pound target rifle that i won't be using for any tactical competitions and i have plenty of other ranging tools and started on sfp scopes.
But if i find myself holding over wrong because i forget to do the math in my head I'll probably sell it to upgrade to the beast.

not only no but hell no, i am picking up a kahles soon to try. If i can get my hands on a BEAST i would put it through its paces but i'm not replacing anything i have with one

If I owned an optic that would put any kind of dent in the cost of the BEAST I may have considered it, but I ordered the BEAST outright, with the idea that I'd switch it between rifles in a QD mount as needed. I've since decided that THAT is going to be a huge PITA, so I'm slowly picking up some other optics to use on the other new rifles and the BEAST will likely end up on the GAP/Surgeon which is in need of glass.

I may end up selling a Mark 4 3.5-10x40 and replacing it with a Vortex on my DPMS mini SASS, but I'm TERRIBLE at selling goodies once I've gotten them, even if I don't have much use for them anymore.

No

My bullpen has S&B US Optic and Vortex all are set on rifles calibrated and work well. If I add a rifle...Maybe buy one outright if the beast meets optic requirements for the use for rifle.

Although this seems to be an interesting new offering from NF, I am priced out from picking one up.

I will stick with my older NXS and Kahles K624i. I would need to sell both to purchase one.

I just don't see what the big deal is it with this scope? Locking turret in mils? Already been done before. Not trading my S&B for a NF anyways.

No, why would one sell if one isn't hurting for money? I only sell my stuff to free up space, not to fund other purchases.

No,

Might buy it after it has been out for a while and hear all the good bad and the ugly about it.

I own the mil spec version NF and I just happen to have got snockered into buying a 338 LM. I am considering selling the NF because its only 15 power. My only hindrance is whether to go with a S&B or get the new beast. It looks cool, but not sure about the new dials.

No, I'm too in lust with my S&B with the MSR. I can't imagine a better scope for any price. If I ever buy a .375 cheytac I would consider buying one, but not getting rid of my S&B for it.

No. I just got a Steiner 5x and need to get my money's worth out of it before I consider another optic...but even then probably won't.