• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 30 or 50 MOA rail for CZ 457 Pro Varmint

WoobieJ

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2012
West Texas
Would y’all go with a Area 419 30 moa or 50 MOA rail for CZ 457 Pro Varmint?

I put the 45 MOA from Scar Triggers on my Pro Varmint with about 85 MOA overall travel in the optic. There is still another 23 MOA to dial down so I could use the 50 MOA rail. Make sure you have 85 - 90 MOA overall adjustment in your optic you use and get the 50 MOA if you plan to shoot out to 400 yds or more. The 30 MOA will keep you under 300 +/- yds range.

I have found that you will be fine in most cases with a rail half of your scopes total adj. I have a 30 moa rail on my CZ and I can dial out to 380 yards. My scope has 32 mills of total internal travel. I have 21.5 mills up in elevation from my 50 yard zero with an Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56. I don’t see the need for a 50 moa rail since I’d be sacrificing glass quality at closer distances and possibly lose the ability to zero at 25 just for a gain of about 45/60 yards further max shooting distance. With hold overs in the reticle I have 10.5 mills so with 32 mills total travel I can shoot around 480-490 yards.

Last edited:
I put the 45 MOA from Scar Triggers on my Pro Varmint with about 85 MOA overall travel in the optic. There is still another 23 MOA to dial down so I could use the 50 MOA rail. Make sure you have 85 - 90 MOA overall adjustment in your optic you use and get the 50 MOA if you plan to shoot out to 400 yds or more. The 30 MOA will keep you under 300 +/- yds range.
With my CZ with a 30 moa rail I can dial out to 375-380 but my optic has 32 total mills of Adjustment; top to bottom.

Would y’all go with a Area 419 30 moa or 50 MOA rail for CZ 457 Pro Varmint?
I use a 20 or 25 moa rail and use Burris signature XTR rings, up to 40 moa in the inserts. If you go with 50 moa rail, and it is too much, you will need insert ring to take some out. Get the 30 moa base and XTR rings. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle, the inserts have me at the bottom of my scope adjustment and I can dial to 500yds.

Reactions: Jonathan DeBoer
I use a 20 or 25 moa rail and use Burris signature XTR rings, up to 40 moa in the inserts. If you go with 50 moa rail, and it is too much, you will need insert ring to take some out. Get the 30 moa base and XTR rings. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle, the inserts have me at the bottom of my scope adjustment and I can dial to 500yds.
Good idea I might look into that.

I just installed the 50 MOA rail and should have done that from the beginning.

Our range goes out to 500yds. With the 30 MOA rail, I was good to 400. Had to hold at 450, w barely was able to get to 500 with a 9mil hold

Now I can center 450, and hold 3mil at 500.

I’m using a zco 527.

Last edited:
Reactions: WoobieJ