• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 ARCA adapter slipping under recoil

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hey guys,

So, I’ve got an Area 419 ARCA adapter on an Atlas Super Cal, I’m using it on a AT-X and twice now, it’s come loose while shooting. This has been shooting prone so I’m not understanding why it’s coming loose. Any ideas? (I’ve tightened it as tight as I can and it’s still moving).

Thanks in advance!

What specifically ? The level, screw, clamp ?? Whats loosening up. A picture is worth a thousand words, or more info is equally helpful.

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

Take out those god forsaken arcalock pins. It will tighten right up.

It’s a stupid design with their rails… even worse without the teeth.
Oh ok. The instructions were a bit vague or perhaps I’m just dumb. I’ll do that, thank you!

I've had the same issue with my Area419 clamp. Didn't matter if I had the pins in or not. The clamp always came loose after a couple shots. Removed the clamp and replaced it with a RRS SC-ARC with a lever. No issues now. I believe you can't get enough leverage on the knob to get it tight enough to stay tight. I've got several lever style clamps and never have an issue. Area419 just released their lever clamp today so I'll most likely buy one of them and sell the knob style.

Reactions: Ichi and tna9001
I've had the same issue with my Area419 clamp. Didn't matter if I had the pins in or not. The clamp always came loose after a couple shots. Removed the clamp and replaced it with a RRS SC-ARC with a lever. No issues now. I believe you can't get enough leverage on the knob to get it tight enough to stay tight. I've got several lever style clamps and never have an issue. Area419 just released their lever clamp today so I'll most likely buy one of them and sell the knob style.
Here's the video on the Area 419 ARCALOCK Clamp

On mine, I removed the retaining clip that holds the yellow knob bolt in place. I pulled the bolt out, installed a properly sized star washer and reassembled the bolt. With a nice hind tight the Issue is gone.

You can use a spring washer as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: tna9001
I had the same issue with a 419 clamp. I just could not get it tight enough to not slip on the rail. I sent them an email and within a few days I had a brand new one in my mailbox. It's been perfect for the past few years.

Reactions: tna9001
I had the same issue with mine. I put a dab of grease on the threads and fixed the problem.