• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Area 419 ARCALOCK Clamp Coming Loose

dynadog44

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2023
Florida
Hey Team,
I'm prefacing this with "it's probably me". I have an ARCALOCK Clamp mounted to an Atlas Bipod. When I shoot a 6CM on a Whiskey 3 closed fore-end with integrated ARCA rail, the gold screw knob backs off in 10 rounds. I'm pretty certain that I'm tightening it all the way, however, it backs loose with relatively few shots.

Questions:
  1. Is this a known issue that others have encountered?
  2. Do you have any advice or pro tips on how to prevent this clamp from loosening?
  3. Do you have recommendations for a better performing clamp?
Any other thoughts, tips and feedback are welcome. Thanks in advance.

The new clamp that hinges is much better. I had a similar experience. Just let the 419 guys know and they’ll take care of you.

The new clamp that hinges is much better. I had a similar experience. Just let the 419 guys know and they’ll take care of you.
Thanks for the info. I was unaware that there is another clamp style. I'll reach out to them.

I just got the new lever style clamp, havent shot with it yet but seems like a nice piece and it locks up rock solid. I do wish it locked the lever in place like my old pic rail style did though

I just got the new lever style clamp, havent shot with it yet but seems like a nice piece and it locks up rock solid. I do wish it locked the lever in place like my old pic rail style did thoughI
I didn't even know there was a new lever style clamp. I'm going to research it. Thx for the heads up! LMK how this one works out.

Mine has been solid on my harris ans tbac. One was purchased 2022 and the other last April. Not sure if the new style came out between those years but I didn't have a problem with either and running them between multiple rifles.

As stated already, give area419 a shout and they'll take care of you I bet.

I love A419 stuff, but I have not had good luck with their thumb knob arca clamp...neither on their Arcalock rail or a standard arca.

Their level clamp is solid, but price jumps quite a bit. If you're stuck on a wanting a thumb screw style clamp, just go with RRS. Nothing will lock up better or be more reliable.

I love A419 stuff, but I have not had good luck with their thumb knob arca clamp...neither on their Arcalock rail or a standard arca.

Their level clamp is solid, but price jumps quite a bit. If you're stuck on a wanting a thumb screw style clamp, just go with RRS. Nothing will lock up better or be more reliable.
I'll check out the RRS. I haven't looked at their clamp yet. I have one of their tripods and I really like it.

Mine has been solid on my harris ans tbac. One was purchased 2022 and the other last April. Not sure if the new style came out between those years but I didn't have a problem with either and running them between multiple rifles.

As stated already, give area419 a shout and they'll take care of you I bet.
I reached out to them this morning. I'm hoping they have some advice or help. I really like all of their other items I've purchased like brakes, tools and can adapters. They definitely make quality gear.