• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 Hellfire on Rugged Suppressors

kornface13

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Colorado
Can anyone tell me if the Rugged rifle suppressors (specifically the Razor) have removable mounts? And if so, what thread pitch? I can't find this info on their site. I use the Area419 hellfire system, and I want to pick up another suppressor, but this one isn't mentioned on their page.

Also what 7.62 can would you recommend for my next one? Already have an old school Saker and a Nomad.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Rugged rifle suppressors (specifically the Razor) have removable mounts? And if so, what thread pitch? I can't find this info on their site. I use the Area419 hellfire system, and I want to pick up another suppressor, but this one isn't mentioned on their page.
Based on review of all 3 "Razor" variants and their manuals, they do not have removable mounts. They are only "Compatible with all Dual Taper Locking System™ Muzzle Devices."

Reactions: kornface13
They only work with their dual taper style mounts. I think their is 1 other company that makes a compatible brake but I don't remember who it is. Hopefully AREA419 @flyer1a will eventually make an adapter to work with Rugged Suppressors.

The Rugged Alaskan360 has 1.375x24 (HUB) threads. I don't think that it would be my first pick for a .30-cal bolt gun can.

Also what 7.62 can would you recommend for my next one? Already have an old school Saker and a Nomad.
I think the Rugged cans are welded mounts. Not sure about the Area 419, but have been told they are not very quiet.

If you want quiet and HUB, TBAC Ultra 7 or 9, or Magnus with HUB, or Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S or Hydrogen-L 7.62.

Info is correct as posted above, and I can confirm that the following cans use the Rugged dual taper mount.

Surge 7.62
Razor 7.62 and 7.62ti
Radiant 7.62
Micro 30
Razor 5.56

The only cans that use a “hub” or 1.375x24 adapter are the Alaskan and Alaskan ti.

I owned the Surge, Razor 7.62, and Micro 30 and I have played with all the others. Still have a Oculus .22 and Obsidian 9.

The Rugged cans a great, they are good performers and the mount is solid. Only drawback is weight. Back when Accurate Ordnance was still around they used to test all their rifles with Rugged suppressors.

As a side note ECCO machine has converted a few Rugged cans to use a hub style mount. I’ve attached a photo of a Razor converted by ECCO, it has a Q plan B installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 45