• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Hellfire question

matchbook454

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2019
N.E. IL
I’m debating buying this brake for my 6.5 Creedmoor but am concerned about it coming loose do to the way it is just pushed in once timed. Has anyone had this come loose? It seems to have great reviews so I’m very interested in trying it out. Area 419 seems to have great cs as well so I don’t mind giving them more of my business.

you push it in, then tighten the collar down.

once you shoot a few rounds, check it and tighten if needed. after that i should be good to go.

it won't loosen. they wouldn't be so popular if they came loose on people

buy with confidence

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
It will not loosen at all. Once the collar is tightened onto the taper lock - I’ve placed mine barrel down in my backpack for rucking and never had it come loose and never change POI. Solid system - just like a mini tool holder on a CNC

Not even once have any of mine been even slightly loose. No issues.

I'm running one on my OBR, one on my A3G, and one on my wife's R700. None of them have ever come loose and I run my OBR pretty hard. Excellent brakes made by an awesome company.

If you see any issues at all, it's going to be the opposite. Mine has gotten pretty damn hard to remove at times. I don't run it often because I mainly shoot suppressed but I like it a lot as far as noise makers go.

I've hand tightened mine to the point I needed vice grips to remove it. You shouldnt have any problems

The taper design is solid and wont shift around. If you have some debris between the brake and the mount that disrupts the taper its possible it wont lock up, but installed correctly they wont move at all.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Have you checked out the Live Oak Accuracy Muzzle Brakes? I've never used one but I think It'll be the next brake I buy.

Last edited:
I've got a few of them, none of mine have come loose, a friend had issues with his, I bought it from him at a big discount. :) . Hasn't loosened up on me.

Never had an issue with it being difficult to come off. For those of you having issues removing yours, are you taking it off and cleaning it (to include the threads) when you clean your crown? If not, try doing that.

Reactions: FishDr
Best brake I own.

I do like the Lambda brake for sheer recoil reduction but the 419 is better design by far.

No offense to the OP but I would say he has never seen how much holding power a taper interface has. Think, ball joint, tie rod end, or even counter sunk machine screw. Not to mention the machine tool holder mentioned above.

No offense to the OP but I would say he has never seen how much holding power a taper interface has. Think, ball joint, tie rod end, or even counter sunk machine screw. Not to mention the machine tool holder mentioned above.

Very familiar with taper locks as I am a machinist. Not very familiar though with the Hellfire Brake. I did just receive the scope rail I ordered from Area 419 which replaced a Seekins which I returned. The Area 419 was straight and the finish and quality is outstanding. The Seekins was not.

Very familiar with taper locks as I am a machinist. Not very familiar though with the Hellfire Brake. I did just receive the scope rail I ordered from Area 419 which replaced a Seekins which I returned. The Area 419 was straight and the finish and quality is outstanding. The Seekins was not.
Well there you go. I don't have the $$$$ to try every brake on the planet. So as far as its efficiency as a brake I have very little to compare it to. But as far as quality and not loosening I don't think it can be beat.