• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Hellfire Suppressor Mounts

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
I know over on the old forum there were a lot of people wondering about the availability of the SilencerCo suppressor mounts for the Hellfire Brake System. Just thought Id update that we have the Omega mounts ready, which also fit the Hybrid and Harvester Big Bore. We also have the Harvester 30 mounts in stock ready now.

In about two weeks we will be ready to ship the Gen 2 style of suppressor mounts for the TBAC CB/Ultra and 5/8-24 Direct thread. In roughly a month or so they TBAC BA mounts will be available, these will fit all of the older 30BA cans as well as all 338BA and 338Ultra suppressors.

All Gen 2 style mounts come with the Hellfire wrench which has the 1-1/8" hex for installing the mount, as well as a 5/8" hex for installing the universal adapter to your barrel.

http://www.area419.com/product/hellf...pressor_mount/

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t31.0-8\/18423139_1169664246477128_430915651171915056_o.jpg?oh=4b8802782137beee513b118dfdaefa99&oe=59B34DD2"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t31.0-8\/18449598_1169664316477121_5793660143095738640_o.jpg?oh=287b144ad8ebb197795cb24c1aef41c5&oe=59AEF0D1"}[/IMG2]

These look very nice. What's the possibility of Surefire socom mounts?

The universal adapter that the brake attaches to has not changed since the very first release of the brakes, so all suppressor mounts gen 1 or gen 2 will work with the universal adapters.

The Gen 1 vs Gen 2 strictly designates how the suppressor mount itself works. Gen 1 mounts worked exactly like the brake itself in that they had the knurled collar which tightened it onto the universal adapter. These worked well, but added 0.8" or so to every single mount.

Gen 2 mounts thread semi-permanently into the suppressor and make it into a left hand direct thread onto the universal adapter. These are great for suppressors that have a large mounting thread because I can fit the whole universal adapter underneath the suppressor mounting area. Omega, Harvester, TBAC, etc. The 5/8-24 Gen 2 mount still adds the same amount of length because I cannot fit any of the universal adapter under the 5/8-24 threads. However, it is still a better system in the Gen 2 version.

Surefire mounts are unlikely due to the complexity of their attachment system and the sheer number of different style mounts they have. I normally need to sell about 50 minimum to make it worthwhile making a new mount.

Looks great! I'm in for one, will be nice to swap back and forth with my suppressor without having to use tools.

I know over on the old forum there were a lot of people wondering about the availability of the SilencerCo suppressor mounts for the Hellfire Brake System. Just thought Id update that we have the Omega mounts ready, which also fit the Hybrid and Harvester Big Bore. We also have the Harvester 30 mounts in stock ready now.

In about two weeks we will be ready to ship the Gen 2 style of suppressor mounts for the TBAC CB/Ultra and 5/8-24 Direct thread. In roughly a month or so they TBAC BA mounts will be available, these will fit all of the older 30BA cans as well as all 338BA and 338Ultra suppressors.

All Gen 2 style mounts come with the Hellfire wrench which has the 1-1/8" hex for installing the mount, as well as a 5/8" hex for installing the universal adapter to your barrel.

http://www.area419.com/product/hellf...pressor_mount/

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t31.0-8\/18423139_1169664246477128_430915651171915056_o.jpg?oh=4b8802782137beee513b118dfdaefa99&oe=59B34DD2"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t31.0-8\/18449598_1169664316477121_5793660143095738640_o.jpg?oh=287b144ad8ebb197795cb24c1aef41c5&oe=59AEF0D1"}[/IMG2]

jon,

What are the specs on this rifle?
barrel contour....stock/action color...chamber..etc

Bartlein modified medium palma (marksman) 26" 6 Creedmoor cerakoted FDE. Manners T6A mini chassis. Custom Gun Coatings reverse desert nightstalker.

Does one need to purchase the addditional adapter (offered on the website) to run the hellfire brake or does the brake itself have an adapter aleady?

Just tried out my new Hellfire Harvester mount, I love this system. Quick to change from can to brake, and I have experienced little POI shift. Thanks for the great products.

c44180793f36c146045354584bb5b43c.jpg
b8330c15be384cf780f9bc7ca237dedf.jpg

What is the advantage with this system over using the SiCo brake? Slightly less weight?

Brake is WAY more effective than the ASR brake. Lots more recoil reduction and stay on target. Really been happy with the system, bouncing back and forth between brake and can.

I take it the SiCo adapter is not compatible with single piece SiCo ASR cans, e.g. SpecWar?

I’m having some issues with these mounts that’s been bugging me.

I switched from the SilencerCo mounts to these, so I’ve got 3 mounts and universal adapters.

Called Jon a week ago and haven’t heard back, yet.

Anyway, after installing the mount it’s nice and tight. After some time it get loose and am having to re-tighten every 20-30 shots or so. I’m using the wrench every time. It happens on both my omega and hybrid.

Anyone having this issue?

Thanks!

I have the SiCo, TBAC and Crux mounts from 419 and have not had an issue...

You've used a small amount of blue loctite on the threads mounting the adapter to suppressor?

I love all my adaptors from Jon!

I have the SiCo, TBAC and Crux mounts from 419 and have not had an issue...

You've used a small amount of blue loctite on the threads mounting the adapter to suppressor?

That’s not where my issue is. My issue is between 419 mount and the universal adapter.

Are used rocksett on the muzzle where the universal adapter goes and on the mount that attaches to the suppressor on the suppressor threaded area.

I have no issues with hellfire brake coming loose.

I sure wish he was willing to make a asr adapter cause I would be all in for a couple no doubt. But I do understand reasons to not produce also so until then I’ll enjoy the current brake set up!

So I just want to be clear about a few things:

Again what is the benefit of this system over the SiCo ASR system I'm using with my Omega? I read that the hellfire muzzle brake is considerably better than the ASR brake, that's definitely a plus.

Seeing as I will shoot suppressed the majority of the time, what else? Is this system inherently more accurate? Less and more repeatable POI shift?

I haven't had much issue with the ASR system but I always welcome a better way. Also, I do have to remove the brake from the universal mount to attach my can, correct?

Primarily the repeatable zero and also the brake is very effective also no need for shims to time brake, and the ability run other cans without the need for tools. However not at all to shun the asr mount as I still use it myself too on my AR’s mostly

That’s not where my issue is. My issue is between 419 mount and the universal adapter.

Are used rocksett on the muzzle where the universal adapter goes and on the mount that attaches to the suppressor on the suppressor threaded area.

I have no issues with hellfire brake coming loose.

Ahh, I see. I've not had this issue.

Not had that issue with mine. Maybe tighten the mount to the adaptor first and the insert and tighten the adaptor into the can?

Not had that issue with mine. Maybe tighten the mount to the adaptor first and the insert and tighten the adaptor into the can?

That’s a thought, but that defeats the purpose don’t you think?

I’m also wondering if a small film of carbon is ending up on the conical area of the mount causing a gap not allowing lock up.

Will use some steel wool and m7 to try. That’s a pain in the ass though.