• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 Maverick vs BOSS Chairman K

Hickswr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2019
Alabama
Has anyone directly compared the two? Pros/cons

Looking for my first suppressor for PRS use mainly but it would be nice to take the brake off and use it for hunting also.

Curious if the recoil reduction on one is better than the other.

Any others I should consider?

Unfortunately it looks like the end cap on the TBAC RR models aren’t removable by the user like the Maverick and Chairman K models are.

I have a Maverick waiting on a form 3 to my dealer. But plan on getting a boss and thunderbeast RR. Only thing I’m not sure of with the boss is the alignment method. From what I gather u use shims. With my ocd, muzzle device and shims are never perfect.

Shot a one day at Frontline this past weekend with the BOSS TOP SHOT with integrated muzzle brake. I very much liked it and will run it the rest of the season.

It did not hold me back…shooting 22B. Recoil reduction was in the ballpark of my 419 Match and obviously a LOT quieter. Certainly not as quite as my buddy shooting a TBAC ultra 7…

To me, recoil impulse feels less like a can’s push and is a shorter, “snap” like a brake.

Currently the brake is timed with Precision Armament precision ground washers and works well. Albeit with a touch of trial and error to find the right one, but bore alignment stays true. As heard a rumor an improved system might be in the work with an integrated locking indexing capability that will eliminate the need for spacers. I don’t know if/when that will hit market.

I used the shims to index my 419 taper mount 1x so its a non issue for me.

I love my TBAC cans. And I love their RR addition. But at <$900, I have a mancrush on the BOSS….

Just my 0.02….take it for what it is worth.

ZY

Last edited:
Reactions: Hickswr
Also doesn't fall apart like the mav my buddy has. Sounded like a rattle can. Had to go back to 419 to get un fucked.

Tbac is a market leader in suppressor and suppressor tech. A419 is....well not.

Reactions: hellzna
Has anyone directly compared the two? Pros/cons

Looking for my first suppressor for PRS use mainly but it would be nice to take the brake off and use it for hunting also.

Curious if the recoil reduction on one is better than the other.

Any others I should consider?

Unfortunately it looks like the end cap on the TBAC RR models aren’t removable by the user like the Maverick and Chairman K models are.
Hopefully it’s been addressed but the brake is removable and user time-able on the TBAC RR cans. That being said, that’s what I would wait for honestly. Takes a 6.5cm and turns it into a dasher or less recoil wise.

I’ve shot with the Magnus K and S model RR cans on a 6.5cm, dasher, and 223. It works, and it works extremely well. Recoil is better reduced with the Magnus K RR as more gas makes it to the brake portion. But if you want a good balance between sound and recoil reduction, the Magnus S RR would be the one.

They got their posts deleted, but still in some quotes. After that display count me out on BOSS regardless of the price point.
lol holy shit

imagine the circus if you locked them in a room with the structured barrel bureau

I couldn’t tell a shit’s worth of difference in recoil reduction between Maverick and TBAC RR. Same rifle and ammo.

There was a small perceptible difference in sound and tone, but neither of them would be considered “quiet.”

A majority of guys would be hard pressed to tell which one they were shooting if they didn’t know.

ETA: BOSS or whatever that crap is shouldn’t even be a consideration when you have options like the Maverick and TBAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hickswr
Hopefully it’s been addressed but the brake is removable and user time-able on the TBAC RR cans. That being said, that’s what I would wait for honestly. Takes a 6.5cm and turns it into a dasher or less recoil wise.
I’m still playing catch-up on cans in general but I thought the brakes aren’t removable on the TBAC RR like they are on the Maverick and the Chairman K.

Are you sure the brake can be replaced with a traditional end cap by the user?
0E6B7A2E-A779-4A1D-B608-2427325BE77A.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh. Total misunderstanding. No. The brake can be removed for cleaning. But there will not be a solid end cap.

Yup. Tbac explained it in the other thread. Their Attorneys (who specialize in NFA) recommended not including extra caps, as each part by law is a suppressor. Just because other companies are running afoul of the law, doesn't mean they want to expose themselves.