• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Muzzle Brake Mod.

shona

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Hi,
I am considering purchasing an Area 419 Hellfire Match muzzle brake for my 338 Edge build. I have located a brake but it's listed as a .30 Cal rather than .338. I have heard of brakes being bored out (increased in dia ) by Smiths so, I was wondering if anyone has done so with one of these?
I know Area 419 has another model called the Sidewinder but, finding one has proved an issue. I would really like to go with the Hellfire Match if possible.
Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shona

I understand your thought process here guys but, these Sidewinders just aren't available! Another factor that's pushing me toward the Hellfire Match is that the Area 419 guys themselves have released a video in which they themselves are stating that this version ( HellfireMatch ) their latest innovation is an improvement over their earlier models!
Thanks to all for your input but, I think my idea will work. The Area 419 guys are just advising that any alteration will void the warranty but what the heck, it's a brake & as long as it's line bored Professionally, what can go wrong!

Thanks
Shona

Definitely get a sidewinder
It makes a huge difference on my 338 edge
Hi Steel head,
Can you give me your honest opinion on the Sidewinder because I've been watching some YouTube reviews recently & I'm hearing varying opinions? Some say it's a Great brake but excessively loud, while another shooter complained that it blows too much back into the shooter's face. Be interested in hearing your take, my friend.

Thanks
Shona

I like it.
It’s definitely loud but not bad at the shooter.
I can’t say I notice getting blasted when shooting it at all.
It’s quite sporty for those around you 😂

Reactions: 1moaoff
I like it.
It’s definitely loud but not bad at the shooter.
I can’t say I notice getting blasted when shooting it at all.
It’s quite sporty for those around you 😂
Sporty,....Ha, Ha, I like your attitude lol.

I’ve got a 3/4 fat bastard Gen 3 for sale it should be close to the top of the new posts list. Also have a little Bastard Gen 2 in 5/8. Both are .338.

Any brake is going to be obnoxiously loud on a .338. Pick your poison, recoil or concussion. You’ll def want to double up your ears.

Reactions: DJL2
I’ve got a 3/4 fat bastard Gen 3 for sale it should be close to the top of the new posts list. Also have a little Bastard Gen 2 in 5/8. Both are .338.

Any brake is going to be obnoxiously loud on a .338. Pick your poison, recoil or concussion. You’ll def want to double up your ears.
^^^^^
Good people!
1A122D60-90C1-4AD9-B8FB-7BD3334F0717.jpeg

I understand your thought process here guys but, these Sidewinders just aren't available! Another factor that's pushing me toward the Hellfire Match is that the Area 419 guys themselves have released a video in which they themselves are stating that this version ( HellfireMatch ) their latest innovation is an improvement over their earlier models!
Thanks to all for your input but, I think my idea will work. The Area 419 guys are just advising that any alteration will void the warranty but what the heck, it's a brake & as long as it's line bored Professionally, what can go wrong!

Thanks
Shona
Sidewinders are in stock.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it boring out a HFM to 338 due to the smaller outer diameter of the brake. Wait for a Sidewinder to come in stock in 338.

Unfortunately, locating them in Canada is a lot harder than it is for you in the US. You guys have that advantage over Canadians for sure. Another issue I'm constantly finding is that even when I find stuff for sale in your country, most of you guys are very reluctant to ship out of the US!

Shona

Area 419 deals with Go Big Tactical in BC but, they have zero stock! When I mentioned about guys being reluctant to ship, I was referring to Private individuals ie: Forum Members, etc! I had an earlier reply to this post & this was his response. I have had so many sellers back out when I mention shipping out of the US, I've lost count. Your ITAR regs definitely have some of you guys running scared it seems. Even after explaining & confirming that a particular item was exempt they still had concerns that prevented the sales!

Thanks
Shona