• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Area 419 rail slippage

Fair chase

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2021
Kentucky
My Area 419 rail on my rifle is slipping under recoil in my anvil 30.
anyone else had issues with this ? Lock up seems pretty tight .
Any ideas as to what to do ?

My Area 419 rail on my rifle is slipping under recoil in my anvil 30.
anyone else had issues with this ? Lock up seems pretty tight .
Any ideas as to what to do ?
Try more tightness and report back?

• Haha
Reactions: adubeau
Try more tightness and report back?
The first gen of Anvil 30 doesn’t allow for any tightness adjustment. I believe tThe new one does, but if OP doesn’t have the Gen2 then I’d reach out to RRS, who may just say “sorry, guess they didn’t use our spec,” and Area 419, who may just shrug and say “We don’t make the Anvil 30.”

OP, worst case, sell this one and buy the Gen2.

I'm not sure which one I have but it's definitely adjustable. Good luck OP!

If it has the spring-loaded 5mm steel pin that sticks up above the surface on which an ARCA rail rests then it’s a Gen2.

And also, sorry, didn’t mean to imply those WERE the responses you’d get, only that they’d be plausible worst-case answers for OP.

No one has a Anvil-30 ARC currently so no one has one that is adjustable outside of a few testers. All traditional arca-type/style clamps are friction clamps. If you put enough force on it, itll slip. For extended firing we put satefy stops on our rails to act as recoil lugs to place the bipod against. Our new SC-ARC clamp and Anvil-30 ARC now have a indexing pin so that cant happen along with some other rails and clamps out there namely Area419 as in this post. Area419 arca-lock is made with the RRS 1.5" spec although they did remove surface area while adding in that feature so loss of the contact pads may be a result of it.

OP best things I can tell you:
1. If you believe everything from all companies is in spec, put a piece of gaffers tape on one side of the rail where you clamp in, you may have to trim it to be very small! That should lock it up probably uncomfortably tight.
2. If you feel something is out of spec send it in to us or AREA419. We have a clamp gauges for clamping pressure and they (did, cant speak for daily operation) use our go no-go gauges for their rails.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
If you really want to play around with it, but it wont be warrantied.... That square bronze wear plate comes in different thickness, if you can find something like that. You could make it clamp down tighter/narrower than our dimensions. This is why we decided to make the future products adjustable, but it will still be a friction clamp meant for quick position shooting and position changes if not used in conjunction with a safety stop or a recoil index pin.