• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 Suppressor adapter and brake

deerhunter9790

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2013
Southern Pines, NC
Has anyone used the Area 419 Hellfire brake in conjunction with their suppressor adapter kit? I am looking to add one to my Silencerco Omega on my 6.5 Creed AR-10.

I like the system but would appreciate some real world feedback.

link for reference:

I’ve had mine for almost two years, it’s awesome. Much lighter than the SiCo system. Very easy to change around to multiple rifles.

Thanks for sharing feedback. Running Keymo for my semis but picking up a few TBACs and going to go this route on my bolt actions going forward.

I'm curious what, if anything, happens now that TBAC is releasing more SR mount cans

I'm curious what, if anything, happens now that TBAC is releasing more SR mount cans

The SR's are nice, but you have to buy into the entire TBAC system and run their brakes. I dont suspect much will change, at least right now.

The Area 419 system allows you to run whatever can or one of the better muzzle brakes on the market (Hellfire/Sidewinder)

Reactions: nikonNUT
The SR's are nice, but you have to buy into the entire TBAC system and run their brakes. I dont suspect much will change, at least right now.

The Area 419 system allows you to run whatever can or one of the better muzzle brakes on the market (Hellfire/Sidewinder)
Well the rifle that gets the SR cans will stay suppressed and just switch between options depending on barrel and use at the time.

I havent seen it to know if A419 can adapt a sidewinder or otherwise to use the SR like they did the CB system

I have run the hellfire adapter with my Omega for the last 2 years. I have had zero issues. I remove my can for transport and never had any POI issues. I also like the ability to put the hellfire brake on if I shoot in a state that doesn't allow cans.

Not wanting to hijack, but as this is asking about the system I would like to ask what locking compound has everyone been using for attaching the adapters?

Just picked my Ultra 7 and Area419 adapters up and was thinking small amount of rocksett for the barrel torqued to the 25 ft/lbs and blue loctite for the suppressor.

I do not use anything but anti seize and never had a problem. I also do not use anything but anti seize in the suppressor because I change suppressor mounts between the Area 419 and a Dead Air Key-Mo.

So none of you guys are having any issues with the suppressor coming loose from the left hand thread adapter that goes on the barrel? That's my only concern with the system.

So none of you guys are having any issues with the suppressor coming loose from the left hand thread adapter that goes on the barrel? That's my only concern with the system.

After a long string, it can loosen a bit. I’ve found if I snug it down with the supplied wrench it avoids this. I’m sure I wasn’t snugging it enough as the mirage cover was always slipping a bit while trying to tighten by hand.

I personally like the LH thread, as I’ve had the brake try to come off with the can in the past. Now to loosen the can it tightens the brake.

Reactions: aaronk
I use a small amount of Rocksett on my adapters. Nothing on the suppressor (Hybrid 46) and have not had issues with it loosening.

Reactions: ccasanova
Never, I’ve had problem with every mounting system That I’ve tried but this one Though. (Just sico, aac)