• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 suppressor adapter straightness with an EA Lux 6.5.

Supersubes

Heathen
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2006
    Eastern Sierra
    I threaded a muzzle today and decided to take a short video while the barrel was still dialed into the lathe to measure runout and repeatability. I used the Energetic Armament Lux 6.5, a Titanium Area 419 suppressor adapter, and a Area 419 Universal adapter.

There’s a potential for a large amount of tolerance stacking but between the threading, the Area 419 system, and the EA suppressor which is 8” long, the whole arrangement is incredibly straight. Repeatability was spot on as well.

Here’s the same test with a thunder beast. Its worth noting that I can’t isolate suppressor straightness in any way with my current tooling. All thats being measured here is suppressor straightness (or lack thereof) plus the tolorance stacking of the Area 419 parts. This has .0055 total runout, which is still very good imo. Thats .00225 off bore axis, 6.5” out from the muzzle. This one repeats perfectly just as the Lux did in the previous test.

Last edited:
    Nice work demonstrating the performance of these components (y) Have you done any checks on the repeatability over several installation/removal cycles? (Your comment about the mark on the tape suggests this wasn't the first time you performed this measurement.)

@E. Bryant It started out as just a thread job, but since I had the same customer’s Lux in jail I decided to check the straightness out. So along with the three cycles I did in the video, there were a handful more prior to the vid. Repeatability is spot on. Seemed like a good time to document it. There wa s a thread here a while back where a few people said they were very unhappy with the system. Id never seen any gripes about it before that time.

Given the fact that both parts are nitrided(steel), and significantly harder than a bare 416SS barrel shoulder, I wouldn’t expect any meaningful wear. Regarding the Ti suppressor side adapter shown here, its treated with something, but i dont know what. I also dont have a high mileage example to test.

Edit: I had another Lux 6.5 in jail with the exact same adapter screwed into it. I totally forgot about it, but it would have been cool to see if that Lux was a straight as this one was.

Last edited:
    This was pretty great. What I'd love to have seen is what the OEM barrel adapters were like with runout (i.e. TBAC CB 2 port brake / adapter, etc.).

Reactions: Baron23
    This was pretty great. What I'd love to have seen is what the OEM barrel adapters were like with runout (i.e. TBAC CB 2 port brake / adapter, etc.).
    Since I'm out here shooting at the moment, I figured id do a test for
    you.

Using my AIAW 25 creemoor with 25” Bartlein HV. Gen 2 Ultra 7/30 with 419 mount. It has a coletac Python cover on it. Different can from the second vid above.
    C51189C0-1A82-4577-BD45-C2C6915FAD17.jpeg

Top row is unsuppressed, bottom suppressed. .1 MIL grid on the target.
    5582B3CB-8922-46B0-9C60-9FE7A0BF7A9B.jpeg

I clicked the notification to respond to you @GBMaryland and had to authenticate the log in. No shit this is the number the hide gave me. 😂

B627DFAC-B5A6-4D57-A993-5DE9B991D9B4.jpeg

Last edited:
    Serious question, is it that hard to make a mount? I got a 3rd party CB brake and I was a little hesitant to use it but I checked everything I could and it seems fine..

I'd assume if you were spinning one up you'd just do all the operations at the same time while it's mounted in the lathe.

I've still gotta go out and test return to zero but I haven't noticed any issues so I assume it's fine.

Serious question, is it that hard to make a mount? I got a 3rd party CB brake and I was a little hesitant to use it but I checked everything I could and it seems fine..

I'd assume if you were spinning one up you'd just do all the operations at the same time while it's mounted in the lathe.

I've still gotta go out and test return to zero but I haven't noticed any issues so I assume it's fine.
    I dont think its that easy. If it were, every company would make perfectly straight parts all the time, but they dont.

@Supersubes - just want to thank you for posting this outstanding content. Absolutely objective info which is sometimes hard to find around here.

I tagged you on a thread started by my good friend @GBMaryland as he’s been having a heck of a time with this mount system.

I have a keen interest as hopefully very soon my Ultra 7, 6.5, will come out of jail and I have the Hellfire system here w multiple uni adapters to be able to quickly share it across multiple rifles. It will also be on similar contour barrels…MTU or HV.

I believe that if I got a consistent .15-.2 mil change in POI as you seemed to do, that I would be extremely pleased.

Thanks again for the videos and description!! (y)

I have the Area 419 hellfire brake and adapter on 4 of my bolt guns and will be adding another two. I have a suppressor adopter for my Crux archangel and just had ECCO machine convert my AAC 300-TM to run a 419 adapter. Love their system, won’t run anything else right now. Also like the griffin plan A taper mount for my ARs, had ECCO convert 3 cans to accept them, M4-2000, 556-SD & Griffin M4-SD

@Supersubes - just want to thank you for posting this outstanding content. Absolutely objective info which is sometimes hard to find around here.

I tagged you on a thread started by my good friend @GBMaryland as he’s been having a heck of a time with this mount system.

I have a keen interest as hopefully very soon my Ultra 7, 6.5, will come out of jail and I have the Hellfire system here w multiple uni adapters to be able to quickly share it across multiple rifles. It will also be on similar contour barrels…MTU or HV.

I believe that if I got a consistent .15-.2 mil change in POI as you seemed to do, that I would be extremely pleased.

Thanks again for the videos and description!! (y)
    You're welcome.

Im familiar with his situation, which does suck a lot. I didn't post there because i didnt have anything to add, and telling him the ones ive played with are pretty dang straight would have been no help at all. Glad 419 showed up and is looking in to it.

No, 419 is Fantastic. Absolutely supportive and willing to send whatever I need. No complaints.

I’m waiting for the witness rods to show up and then I’ll take pictures.