• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area419 Vise Block Compatibility

12qwas

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
CO
Does anyone know if the A419 Orange Vise ARCA blocks are compatible with the MPA Matrix Pro ARCA/RAT rail?

(The Matrix pro competition side rails over lap the arca edges, so not all ARCA adapters are able to clamp on, and I want to know for sure before I commit to such an expensive vise setup that it can do everything I want.)

Thanks

1708910473963.png

Isn't that a Matrix Pro in the product photos? Looks like it works to me.

Edit: That actually might just be the Matrix, not the pro.

As far as I know, the only clamps that have issues with any MPA side rail (be it add on rail or built in) are clamps that have a knob. Most any lever clamp will fit.

The 419 jaw doesn't have anything that's higher on the sides like a knob.

That picture is a matrix, not the pro. (When I asked Area419 they sent me that picture with that caveat, so that chassis doesn't have the competition side rails the Matrix Pro has.)

The 419 jaw doesn't have anything that's higher on the sides like a knob.

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure it will work and I'll be able to clamp it down, however the chassis is likely to ride on the side rails and not the bottom of the arca grooves. I doubt that matters much though.

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks.