• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area53 for those who questioned the emails

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Area53 has started making AR15s and AR10 variants and last week I got a complete rifle from them based on the offerings that came in the Area53 Marketing Emails that went out to SH Members.

The rifle is a 300 BLKOUT, and is built in their Tool-Less Take Down variation. It's simply a bad ass rifle all around.

10532805_10152658204037953_561028140685408578_n.jpg

It comes apart with no tools... and you change barrels quite simply by unscrewing the nut by hand.

The video is their 308 variant

Area53 - 308 Quick Assembly - YouTube

Seriously, check them out they are awesome !

Thats slick. I have no desire to shoot 308 out of that short of a barrel. I bet its a handful!

Is this sold just as a parts kit or as a complete rifle? I did a cursory look at their website and did not see this listed.

That is just his, you can configure it any way you like... his example is just that.

The 300 Black Out I have above is not that short and does the same thing

No I am aware that you can do pretty much any setup, was just commenting on his.

Do those uppers fit on any lower? Im sure if I went to their website I would find the info. One of the nicest "switch barrel" AR setups I have seen.

This came as a complete rifle, I was not even aware it did all this until I saw the video.

It maybe available as a parts kit, I believe the Upper and Lower are a DPMS Pattern, so it should fit other rifles to some degree, as far as an Upper would be concerned.

I would recommend emailing them as I have been traveling for the last two weeks and did not get a chance to talk with them about it