• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARES ARMOR raided by ATF?

doctordoctor

El Doctor
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
Erie,pa
My dad just called me and he was told by the local range On Target in Southern California that Ares Armor was raided and shut down as far as the milling your 80% lowers is concerned... I looked online but haven't seen anything yet. I wouldn't surprise me... Bums me out since I just ordered a bunch of lowers. Hopefully you can get the jigs to complete them!

Hmm, they just puled the printable guns too. Looks like the admin is making good on his promise, laws/constitution be damned.

This has happened multiple times to other 80% lower manufacturers. ATF changes a ruling and they go to 70% lowers next. Hopefully it turns out ok and their ducks are in a row. Doesn't surprise me though unfortunately.

Also as an aside...hello from a fellow Erie-ite

I called them and they told me that they were down for a long time, and that they will continue to sell the 80% lowers... ATF is interesting, change the rules when they want too!

I sure hope you are right Waveslayer... I just ordered some and would like to be able to complete them by going to their facilities.. Are they still offering the build parties?

I sure hope you are right Waveslayer... I just ordered some and would like to be able to complete them by going to their facilities.. Are they still offering the build parties?

The "build parties" are what they are going after. Not the store.

Keep in the eyes of the ATF there's no such thing as "80%" it's either a firearm or it isn't. Now what constitutes their definition of a firearm is generally up to their discretion depending on what side of the bed they got up on. They could easily decide the accepted description of an 80% lower all of a sudden constitutes a firearm.

I wouldn't want to speculate any further until more information comes out.