• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARGGG

Buckoman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2008
Hatfield, Pa
So I did a load workup on my DPMS SASS. On a round robin I got a 1/2 MOA group. So I choose that load, built about 50 rounds n head to the range to dope out to 600. Just to confirm my 100 yd moa, I settled in and shot a group. Friggin went to pot. Now I"m about 1-1.5 MOA.

So here are the differences that could be a reason. Pick one:

I put on my AAC muzzle break/suppressor adaptor. (does torque settings matter?)

I seated my bullets a bit shorter to make em fit in the mag. They previously were AI mag length

The temperature was about 20 degrees cooler.

Any thoughts?

Oh ya, I was using the 178 Amax n 42.8gr of RL15

Re: ARGGG

OAL of the round could be your issue... by decreasing the size of the overall round our upping the presure as well... could have thrown your round off...

Matt.

Installing the AAC muzzle brake would have added weight to the end of your barrel and changed your barrel harmonics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OAL of the round could be your issue... by decreasing the size of the overall round our upping the presure as well... could have thrown your round off...

Matt. </div></div>

My guess as well.
Most the time the barrel is looking for an exact FPS. Changing the OAL can effect that which caused your accuracy to go away. I think the muzzle brake would cause a POI shift for sure but shouldn't effect accuracy. Good luck and report back to help the next guy who has this problem.

Damn I thought this was a pirate thread
frown.gif

My guess on your problem would be with the OAL length of the cartridge