• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arisaka Defense Magpul Angle Adapter and Bag Rider

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    I think these are relatively new from Arisaka Defense, some info popped up on a defense industry news page I like to check out and I thought some guys here might be interested. I'm getting started on a review of this set up that's designed for the Magpul SL and SL-S stocks. I have both stocks and while excellent options, I found them lacking on my SPR and Recce, which these products seem to address. Hoping to get some range time with them over the Christmas break and try them out.

saa-br-sl-3__70431.1638551470.jpg

Interested. How much does it weigh, and does it interfere at all if firing from a normal standing position?

The weights are on the Arisaka Defense website, the combined weight with the angle adapter and bag rider is 6.5 oz., probably a little more if you get the optional Limbsaver recoil pad. I don't have this in hand yet so I can't comment on its effect in different shooting positions compared to an standard SL stock.

Reactions: Bluedog82
    Mine do make it easier to shoot off the bench, at least when consistently positioning the butt pad.
    They are well made, and quite adjustable.

And the added weight is hardly noticeable, since it is at the shoulder. ( YMMV )

I do use the Limbsaver recoil pads, I am quite a fan of them.

I hadn't seen the bag rider yet... ( Thanks for sharing ) looks like I will be buying some stocking stuffers for myself.