• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arizona bill would ban large-capacity magazines

nock

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas USA
http://www.necn.com/02/07/11/Arizona-bil...712d35df814eb33

Arizona bill would ban large-capacity magazines
Feb 7, 2011 7:28pm
Email
Print

PHOENIX (AP) — Legislation to ban large-capacity gun magazines like the one used in the Jan. 8 mass shooting in Tucson has been introduced in the Arizona Legislature.
The bill was introduced late Monday by Rep. Steve Farley of Tucson and 19 other Democratic lawmakers.
The legislation would generally ban magazines with more than 10 rounds. Authorities have said the Tucson shooter opened fire with a magazine that had more than 30 rounds in it before he was subdued.
Farley says the lack of a large-capacity magazine might have reduced the scope of the Tucson tragedy.
Six people were killed and 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, were injured in the shooting.
Jonh Wentling, a lobbyist for an Arizona gun-rights group, says the proposal is misguided and unconstitutional.

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">For the entire paranoid crew please buy more magazines before the rest of the states follow.</span></span>

Re: Arizona bill would ban large-capacity magazines

Bills have been introduced here in Md as well.
mad.gif
I sure hope they don't gain any ground.

HB-330 - Detachable Magazines - Maximum Capacity for Ammunition

SB-162 - Firearms - Detachable Magazines - Maximum Capacity for Ammunition

Requiring everyone to be armed would be much more effective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Requiring everyone to be armed would be much more effective. </div></div>

We have a winner.

Next on the legislative platter, mandatory diapers for everyone eligible for AARP.

Some need 'em, most don't; but when did that ever make a difference to a lawmaker?

If it can be expressed in legalese, they'll pass it.

Somebody please stop me before I legislate again...!

Greg

Don't worry folks, Arizona will never pass this law. The State legislature and government is solidly red. Last election cycle not a single democrat won a major state office.... not even mine inspector!

This is a pathetic attempt by the minority democrats to get some face time on TV.

The only way there is going to be a hi cap ban in Arizona is if it comes down from the Federal Government, and even then I think that if Hi caps are manufactured in AZ and sold in AZ, that AZ might tell the Feds to FO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 18Echo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't worry folks, Arizona will never pass this law. The State legislature and government is solidly red. Last election cycle not a single democrat won a major state office.... not even mine inspector!

This is a pathetic attempt by the minority democrats to get some face time on TV.

The only way there is going to be a hi cap ban in Arizona is if it comes down from the Federal Government, and even then I think that if Hi caps are manufactured in AZ and sold in AZ, that AZ might tell the Feds to FO. </div></div>

Agree. No way it will pass. It also says nothing about existing magazines that are already in the state and leaglly owned. It just lists them as a "prohibited weapon"

Also agree that the FFA would allow us to make our own if it goes federal. How hard can it really be with the right equipment. It could be a cash cow for the right entrepreneur. God I hope it doesn't come to that.