• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Arizona classes in 2019?

Deadman Pointers

Town Fool
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
For how many ranges are around and acres of state owned land all over the place, their really isn't too many rifle classes to speak of. I've found one good provider, the 3-4 others have all flaked out or been otherwise non-responsive. Anyone have any insight to trainings in 2019?

Well, we've got several Precision Rifle 7 and several Extreme Long Range classes running at Gunsite. Looking for something in particular?

Reactions: Basher
Frankly, I neglected to give you guys adequate consideration because I could never work out the travel time for the multiday sessions. Didn't realize you have RV spots... I'll reach out to potentially arrange something.

Well, we've got several Precision Rifle 7 and several Extreme Long Range classes running at Gunsite. Looking for something in particular?

Here right now for TPRC, and it's an amazing facility! I hear you guys have a helipad up by the Big House. I wonder if I could convince the right folks to let me fly up here for a class sometime next year and park there for my stay... :cool:

@Deadman Pointers what kind of training are you looking for? Basic fundamentals? Intro to PRS/NRL style shooting? With the exception of Gunsite, there aren't a lot of options because most ranges don't have the distance some instructors think they need. State land is a whole other can of worms. If you're looking for more competition based shooting, I think our club (AZ Long Range) is trying to plan another clinic at Cowtown. We're waiting until after the holidays to pick a date though.

Reactions: Dirty D
@LH_Gina Most of my shooting is hunting related, but intro to PRS would be interesting. I've done individual training before at Cowtown, but I would be interested in group clinics.

@Deadman Pointers what kind of training are you looking for? Basic fundamentals? Intro to PRS/NRL style shooting? With the exception of Gunsite, there aren't a lot of options because most ranges don't have the distance some instructors think they need. State land is a whole other can of worms. If you're looking for more competition based shooting, I think our club (AZ Long Range) is trying to plan another clinic at Cowtown. We're waiting until after the holidays to pick a date though.
New to forum but was looking to go see a match. Was going to go to one at gunsight and tore a tendon couple days before so at moment I’m a spectator. Oh I live in Mesa and thanks for having me.

New to forum but was looking to go see a match. Was going to go to one at gunsight and tore a tendon couple days before so at moment I’m a spectator. Oh I live in Mesa and thanks for having me.

@Raysbaja If you're looking to spectate, the next big match close to you is at the big sandy range outside wikieup February 16-17

There's also a Guardian Long Range match this weekend at Big Sandy. Next weekend there's a club level match at Cowtown on Sat the 15th starting at 0800.

Since you live in Mesa, 4 Peaks Tactical match is tomorrow at Rio Salado. Fairly low key with a wide variety of shooters.
Tim, Mike, Gary and the group are very ‘newbie’ friendly.