• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arizona Shoot Last Sunday

sib1948

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
Follow the beam of light from the Heavens shining on my DTA SRS A1 26" 260 barrel with 1:8.5 twist, shooting Berger VLD 140 gr. over H4831 at 45.7 gr. (too hot)! Trying 43.5 gr. now. Mike, Ed, Tom and I shooting from 7-9AM. Temp about 90 with humidity about 80. Miserable, Tom whacking 12" steel regularly at 900 yards.
20140810_075754_resized_zpsb2d77afd.jpg

ba6f1ebb-e332-44bf-b572-28c1b133b167_zps48d3edc2.jpg

Enjoy. Wish you could have been there!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Nice! I just got my Thunderbeast this week so I won't be busting your eardrums next time we shoot! Really looking forward to meeting the other guys too.

Damn, will have to try and make it out with you guys sometime soon, been killing me not being able to shoot the past couple of weeks. Very nice!

If you guys are looking for people to shoot with I would be interested in meeting up. I've got some decent steel targets and a life size coyote I just finished up. My barreled action has been gone for a month getting Cerakoted and will be itching to shoot when I get it back.

Once it cools off, I'll set some more steel out there. Have a Hide mini-match,,,,,
Good havin you out again George.

It's monsoon sea on here in AZ. It's been raining steadily and heavily for the last 3 days. Feels like I am in Florida. Today it's pea soup out there and has rained constantly for 24 hours. The only good thing is we need the rain but not sure we need this much all at once. At least it's not as bad as what the midwest and east coast has gotten the last few days.

Since Ash Fork is out of the question for the rest of the year, y'all should stop being a bunch of pansies and make out out to the local AZ LRPRS match this Sat....

Since Ash Fork is out of the question for the rest of the year, y'all should stop being a bunch of pansies and make out out to the local AZ LRPRS match this Sat....

I talked to Bob a couple weeks ago and he was thinking they'd try to start up in September. Maybe things have changed???

Anyways...I've only fired 20-30 rounds in the bolt guns all summer and I'm missing shooting those long range matches. I guess it's time to start coming down and shooting with you guys in Phoenix again when the temps come down some.

That looks like great fun! I would love to shoot there with you guys. Here in Florida, I am lucky to be able to shoot out to 1200. But in order to do so, I have to stand in 12-15" of water in 98 degree weather while waiting to shoot from a platform. Not complaining;...just saying...

Perhaps someday I'll get out there.

I talked to Bob a couple weeks ago and he was thinking they'd try to start up in September. Maybe things have changed???

Anyways...I've only fired 20-30 rounds in the bolt guns all summer and I'm missing shooting those long range matches. I guess it's time to start coming down and shooting with you guys in Phoenix again when the temps come down some.
Damn Steve, you ought to be easy pickings this fall then!

Been crazy windy up here from March to July. Early spring I shot some with the 20x47L. Later I went to Utah and shot some Potguts with 22rf and the pellet gun.

Been shooting IDPA, USPSA, Field Target air rifle and Tactical 22, just not long range.

Was this organized in the link up section? I'll need to keep a better eye out on here.

I'm down to go shoot with you guys as well. Maybe one of those easy setup portable 12'x12' shades would help?

I'm down to go shoot with you guys as well. Maybe one of those easy setup portable 12'x12' shades would help?

Actually the umbrellas laying on their side works best for side and frontal glare.
By the time the EZ-UP shades the sun, it's 110 out and we're gone

Would love to shoot with you guys sometime. My shooting buddy has a few steel targets, and we drag the can am maverick out with us to rum them out to their locations! We shoot up past black canyon city mostly but are always looking for new friends and new spots.

Brand new to the forum here, but if you ever need help preventing AZ from being overrun by steel targets, I'm in too.

Steve, I think it's about time we get something going out here! Maybe in the Stoneman lake area...

There's a friend of a friend, haven't met him yet, that wants to build a rifle range on his property at Two Guns up east of Flagstaff. I hope I can be involved in this because he wants advice and I'd like to give input.

On a similar note, and as luck would have it, I met someone last Friday up here that has steel plates set out that we shot out to 1100Y. Guess "where" we shot from?............................Of all places we shot off his front porch!!! He has a really nice pistol range with about 40 pieces of steel in his back yard!!!

Tom, I kept my mojo and got all first round hits. Kinda easy targets though but I did center punch em.

Oh, and the property is for sale. Two 40 acre parcels with houses on them. I don't think he's listed them yet and I doubt if I can afford one of them. Somebody I know needs this property!!!!!

There's a friend of a friend, haven't met him yet, that wants to build a rifle range on his property at Two Guns up east of Flagstaff. I hope I can be involved in this because he wants advice and I'd like to give input.

On a similar note, and as luck would have it, I met someone last Friday up here that has steel plates set out that we shot out to 1100Y. Guess "where" we shot from?............................Of all places we shot off his front porch!!! He has a really nice pistol range with about 40 pieces of steel in his back yard!!!

Tom, I kept my mojo and got all first round hits. Kinda easy targets though but I did center punch em.

Oh, and the property is for sale. Two 40 acre parcels with houses on them. I don't think he's listed them yet and I doubt if I can afford one of them. Somebody I know needs this property!!!!!

ME!

Mike (Sturkis) just got back from our shooting spot. Bad news, all the roads leading to it are washed out,,,,

We should all rent a weekend from Carl and do a ELR match, a regular long range match and a long range 22 rimfire match or any other fun events we can think of.