• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ark LE Sniper Course Vid

Blackout

Private
Minuteman
I was going through some old files and came across a video I took while attending the Arkansas Law Enforcement Precision Marksman course (I know it is a damn long course title).

Anyhow, there were basically 3 different qualifications. The six dot, phase 3, and the night shoot. Depending on what type of shooter you are, anyone of those could be the most difficult. The one that seems the hardest is the phase 3... which we call George.

7 shots and 3 minutes. Starting from 125 yards you run and take a shot at 100. Run to 75, shoot. Run to 50, shoot. Run to 25, shoot. Run back to 100 and shoot. The trick is your spotter carries everything except the gun. He/she loads your rifle and picks up the brass. All the shots and to be inside a 1" T.

This is a video of the George target being performed. Many of us had to do it over and over. I think I probably did it 7 times before getting it right... maybe more.

http://astraybullet.com/_web/scvids/scvid1.html

The guy shooting (not me) ended up doing the George target in 2:10 minutes his last time through... which smoked all of us.

This was my eventual target:
sv1_phase3.jpg

There isn't much to it, but it might give some ideas for some other courses or for you to try. I can provide more info on the course. I think Mike got a copy of the curriculum.

Re: Ark LE Sniper Course Vid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the deal with the boonie hats?</div></div>

They're Tactical...D'uh!

Looks more like someone lost a bet.

We have some local PD guys who shoot USPSA with us and a different one wears a pink vest with a teddybear safety pinned to it each match. Quite comical.

We had a similar in concept shoot in the Marine Corps for M16. Regular sillohette target (standing man), you started with 250 rounds, timed at 600 yards, then ran to 500 yards, then 400 yards, then 300 yards, then 200 yards. Two mags with 25 rounds at each stage. Prone at 600 and 500 yards. Sitting at 400 and 300 yards. One mag each of kneeling and standing at 200 yards. I forget the time given for each stage, but you had to scoot. It was done in fire teams, best score for team wins, winning team did not have to police call the brass.