• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arkansas hunter takes down apartment complex mass shooter with scoped rifle. Perp dead on the spot. One innocent resident killed by perp.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS, MAY 19, 2021

A would be mass shooter, 26 year old Zachary Arnold, equipped with a 'semiautomatic rifle' tried to lure residents of an apartment complex out of their doors in order to gun them down. An 87 year old grandmother named Lois Hicks went outside trying to console the distraught suspect, and ended up being pursued back into her apartment and killed. After killing her, the suspect resumed his spree, shooting randomly and trying to get more people out of the building into his line of sight. A hunter, presumably living in the same building or across the street, set up a bolt action rifle on a bipod and took the killer down with a single shot. The would be mass murderer was dead by the time authorities arrived on scene.

ScreenHunter-802-728x381.jpg

----------
    The suspect] continued to shoot his rifle at neighboring apartments. A resident at the apartments heard the gunshots and got a hunting rifle which he used to shoot and kill Arnold.

Neighbors who witnessed the shooting say [the suspect] was trying to persuade people to come outside of their apartment buildings.

“He was yelling and screaming, “You guys get out here, come out here, everyone get out of this building right now,” says Janey Peugh, a resident of the apartment complex.

----------

Zachary Arnold. Age: 26. Dead on scene after being felled by a single shot from eagle eyed armed citizen.

AP21136691735168.jpg

So did the bullet go to sleep before the perp did? Is his scope Mils or Moa? Is that a Harris Bipod? Is that a 6.5? It that still available?

Hey, this is the pit.

On a serious note, quick thinking, quick action and good preparedness by a great citizen. That’s some no-bs cool under pressure stuff right there and he should be lauded for saving lives. Probably a lot of them.

Sirhr

I'm glad to see that the police was able to stop the perp. Oh wait, the police hadn't gotten there yet. The police were still 10 minutes away. I guess we can't count on the police to protect us at all time. Seams like a good guy with a gun was able to protect his entire neighborhood long before the police were able to get to the scene. One shot, one kill.

Thank you citizen.

So did the bullet go to sleep before the perp did? Is his scope Mils or Moa? Is that a Harris Bipod? Is that a 6.5? It that still available?

Hey, this is the pit.

On a serious note, quick thinking, quick action and good preparedness by a great citizen. That’s some no-bs cool under pressure stuff right there and he should be lauded for saving lives. Probably a lot of them.

Sirhr
    I am guessing since its on a Mossberg, and on backwards, its going to be a Caldwell or Chinses facsimile.

So did anyone else look at his picture and see loser Incel living in his parents basement... probably fueled on Ritalin and anti-retard drugs, hanging out on the dark web and fapping to images of dead ferrets?

One look and I see gender-fluid 'woe is me' un-treated mental illness just waiting to go off like a 'tard grenade.

Yeah... we shouldn't say his name. Or use his picture except as range targets. But if his corpse is ridiculed mercilessly and turned into retard memes... maybe the next one will not think they will live on as a hero.

Sirhr

Exactly. He was going to reach for his AXSR but didn't want it sitting there for over a year in lock up...So he snagged his kid's hunting rifle. hahahaha

... And to get ready for next opening day, he could easily get him a Remington 783 or Thompson-Center Compass...
    biggrin.gif
    People on the Internet seem to like to treat such rifles like these the LOLcows of the gun world, but as long as the bullet engages the lands and grooves properly as it exits the bore, it'll get the job done. One of the first guns I've worked on was a early 1970s mfg'd Civil War Smith carbine that would blow out the drum screw after several shots and in turn stripped the screw and screw hole so thoroughly that the previous owner spot welded it in out of exasperation. Before, and after the reworking however, that Smith had been a primary farmyard varmint control tool, and always accompanied the man's son when he worked in the fields or explored the woods surrounding the property, and continues to do so... I expect in another few years that big old barrel may need to be relined from the tens of thousands of rounds fired through it, but that is virtually a non-issue...

... And to get ready for next opening day, he could easily get him a Remington 783 or Thompson-Center Compass...
    biggrin.gif
    People on the Internet seem to like to treat such rifles like these the LOLcows of the gun world, but as long as the bullet engages the lands and grooves properly as it exits the bore, it'll get the job done. One of the first guns I've worked on was a early 1970s mfg'd Civil War Smith carbine that would blow out the drum screw after several shots and in turn stripped the screw and screw hole so thoroughly that the previous owner spot welded it in out of exasperation. Before, and after the reworking however, that Smith had been a primary farmyard varmint control tool, and always accompanied the man's son when he worked in the fields or explored the woods surrounding the property, and continues to do so... I expect in another few years that big old barrel may need to be relined from the tens of thousands of rounds fired through it, but that is virtually a non-issue...
    Although I will say this... it probably would have been better if he used his AR... That way he could have stopped a dude with an AR with an AR. ARception ::Train Noise:: lol

Fucker got what he deserved.
    Hope they don't put the hunter through too much grief.
    No, but you can bet they ran him for wants and warrants, twice to be sure, and took his rifle 'for evidence.'

Finding the armed citizen was a Felon in Possession of a Firearm would have been the happiest ending, resulting in high fives all around.

Reactions: Flyingbullseye
    My god what a fudd rifle set up.
    One can only hope if this story goes mainstream, legacy news outlets will start calling every scoped rifle a mossberg sniper rifle until the end of time, if only to amuse us.

Reactions: deersniper
    What I see in this is the contrast for the left’s ideal view of law enforcement. Deploy social workers instead of armed professionals to a violent incident. The (presumably) nice old lady tried the care and compassion route and got smoked, dude with rifle ended the threat with deadly force when it was appropriate to save lives.

My god what a fudd rifle set up.
    One can only hope if this story goes mainstream, legacy news outlets will start calling every scoped rifle a mossberg sniper rifle until the end of time, if only to amuse us.
    Fudd and this guy should not be used in the same sentence. Or post. Ever again.

Man is a warrior who got it done. It’s not the equipment. Or the setup. It’s the soul and guts of a man who got it done when it counted.

Sirhr

So did anyone else look at his picture and see loser Incel living in his parents basement... probably fueled on Ritalin and anti-retard drugs, hanging out on the dark web and fapping to images of dead ferrets?

One look and I see gender-fluid 'woe is me' un-treated mental illness just waiting to go off like a 'tard grenade.

Sirhr
    I'm going to go ahead and speculate that it wasn't untreated so much as celebrated, lauded for "bravery", and encouraged.

Fudd and this guy should not be used in the same sentence. Or post. Ever again.

Man is a warrior who got it done. It’s not the equipment. Or the setup. It’s the soul and guts of a man who got it done when it counted.

Sirhr
    Exactly, its not always the bow, but the Indian behind it that matters.

agreed! I’ll use my AI, I’ll say it was the R770 😎👍
    I guarantee that if I were in his shoes, the story would have been written differently. I would not have identified myself to the police. It would be no different If a man were to break into my home. There would be no police report and no body to find. There is no way that I would chance my life with this fucked up policing and justice system we have.

Hell , I live in Arkansas and just heard about this. I don’t watch much local TV , do read the online version of the biggest newspaper in Arkansas, nary a word ?
    Thanks for the post Blue Sky Country 👍
    Hope they don’t try and twist it around and the good shooter gets in hot h20.
    He saved other peoples life , saved the state beucoup $$ down the road. If I ever see him all beers on me 🍻

I guarantee that if I were in his shoes, the story would have been written differently. I would not have identified myself to the police. It would be no different If a man were to break into my home. There would be no police report and no body to find. There is no way that I would chance my life with this fucked up policing and justice system we have.
    I see your point the way the shits been shaking lately. That said , I trust them
    to do the right thing and call it a righteous shot.
    Ft Smith has a good police department , just can’t be there all the time.
    I usually travel with only a handgun , and feel unprepared , thinking my long gun of choice is riding with me from now on. 👍

Fantastic and a good shoot! But, you know what's coming next........"All bolt guns need to be confiscated.....It's for the children!". Mac:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Reactions: Foul Mike
    Exactly. He was going to reach for his AXSR but didn't want it sitting there for over a year in lock up...So he snagged his kid's hunting rifle. hahahaha
    Shit, the way things are going these days, all his weapons will be confiscated until the investigations/litigations are completed. The "hunter" will be made out to be the "bad guy", you wait and see how the media screws this around. Mac

Shit, the way things are going these days, all his weapons will be confiscated until the investigations/litigations are completed. The "hunter" will be made out to be the "bad guy", you wait and see how the media screws this around. Mac
    I don’t think it will happen in Arkansas , sure hope not !
    If it was a Black dude capped by Whitey .....?

I don’t think it will happen in Arkansas , sure hope not !
    If it was a Black dude capped by Whitey .....?
    I want to believe you could be right, but.....It's really gotten stupid as of late. We don't know if the hunter was white or black, do we? That will push the narrative, one way or the other. Mac

Haven’t heard if he was White , Black ,Hispanic , or Vietnamese yet ?
    There are beucoup VN living In Ft Smith since 1975.
    I would guess the good shooter/hunter is White ? If it was White shooting White , I figure it will be deemed a good shoot. Ft Smith had a judge known for hanging folks,
    hope they stay ahead of the curve 👍

Reactions: nikonNUT