• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken ep5...

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Has there been any other ep5 that have had tracking issues. Got mine Saturday got it mounted today zeroed at 25 then moved to 100 for my final zero and it's not even on the paper. Bring it back to 25 and it's dead on my elevation from 25 to 100 is 1.6 and even if I don't adjust it still doesn't hit the paper. Everything on my rifle is torqued down and I know this is good load. When I adjust the turret the reticle moves. This is boggling my mind

• Wow
Reactions: 338dude
Emailed they said try to boresight at 100 and see if that works. Problem is with my chassis that's dang near impossible but I'll try

Has there been any other ep5 that have had tracking issues. Got mine Saturday got it mounted today zeroed at 25 then moved to 100 for my final zero and it's not even on the paper. Bring it back to 25 and it's dead on my elevation from 25 to 100 is 1.6 and even if I don't adjust it still doesn't hit the paper. Everything on my rifle is torqued down and I know this is good load. When I adjust the turret the reticle moves. This is boggling my mind
Have any MOA slope with your base?

Should have 27.63 mil available from bottom with my base assuming zero is 40moa down from the top mechanical middle of travel

Get a taller backer or put one into a berm and watch for the splash, my guess is it's probably 30 ish inches high.

Ok I'll bite if he zeroed at 25 yards why would moving the target to the 100 yard line make him 30 inches high?

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
Ok I'll bite if he zeroed at 25 yards why would moving the target to the 100 yard line make him 30 inches high?
Screenshot_20220629-030238_Strelok Pro.jpg

It wouldn't

Did that too it wasn't on paper. Emailed them last night and they said to boresight it at 100. Thats gonna be fun to do with my chassis. Probably gonna have to take the buttock off and try

Did that too it wasn't on paper. Emailed them last night and they said to boresight it at 100. Thats gonna be fun to do with my chassis. Probably gonna have to take the buttock off and try

Just pop your barreled action out of your chassis and bore sight it.
Easy peasy.

OR, as pointed out above, put one into the berm at 100 and see where it lands.
Even easier, peasier...

That'll have to be at an established range my berm is about a 40 acre forest lol

If it makes it through those trees it's doing something
Trees are concealment not cover And you having to be told some of the things you are being told to sight in a rifle are concerning. So being I don’t know you or your location, my suggestion Errors on the side of caution.

Trust I know how to zero. I'm doing it the same I've done for the last 20 years. We've been shooting here for as long as we've owned the property

how big of a target (paper size) are you shooting at 100y?

if you're shooting an 8.5"x11" with a dot in the center 1.6mil puts the shot 5.7" below POA and off the paper

that makes no sense then. that's a massive target

and if you hold 1.6 up (POA below the reticle center dot) and that doesn't hit paper either?

throw another scope on to try but i doubt that's the issue

Don't have another scope that will zero with the 40moa base. Everything was fine with the burris xtrii that was on it previously.

if neither dialing nor holding 1.6mil doesn't work to get on paper i highly doubt it's the scope

are 25y and 100y confirmed accurate? not 20y and 120y that would cause it to just slip off paper?

throw the burris back on. zero the same way at 25 then 100. then do the arken again?

If you have an appliance store in the area might be able to get some large cardboard for free. Failing that a sheet of plywood or furring strip frame with Tyvek stapled to it for something lighter.

Just from personal experience and the fact the miss is larger than his entire target, the base angle is larger than the target and no splash under the target was noted.

We still don't know how high his scope is or anything else.

If you have an appliance store in the area might be able to get some large cardboard for free. Failing that a sheet of plywood or furring strip frame with Tyvek stapled to it for something lighter.
^^^ this
I mean, GD, apply yourself.

Reactions: moosemeat
According to strelok 5.8 is the difference between 25 and 100 so didn't think to use the side of a building but next time I'm at the range that will be my first thing I do.

• Haha
When I zero a scope at 25 on paper, its usually not on a single sheet paper at 100y. Especially if the parallax doest go that low. Its hard to judge much angle change that close.

That'll have to be at an established range my berm is about a 40 acre forest lol

So then, pop the BA out of the chassis. It's two screws.
Lay it on a bag. Set a target out at 100yds with a 2×2" square/diamond/triangle/ circle of bright colored tape on it.
Do the bore sighting and do it carefully. (You will probably have to loosen your zero stop)
You should now be less than 3" away from actual impact. Probably closer....

Put your action screws back in, torque them and put two on paper. Adjust zero and have fun.

BTW, don't forget to reset your turrets and your zero stop.

Email, return and get a new one

I believe they have had some QC issues but seem to go above and beyond to make it right. Don’t have one myself but my brother does, no issues thus far.
Just got one day before yesterday I hope I have better luck than what I’m reading about