• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken Optics problem

danr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2006
s. texas
Gents, I acquired a used EP-4 6-24X (nice scope, I have it in a set of there Analí rings)here on the Hide, but turns out the wind age is not centered. I had mounted last week on an AR platform and was able to get a wind zero but did not pay attention as to where on the scopes wind age range it was at. So this morning I mounted it on a M700 with 20 moa base (which I’ve never had this issue) and while bore sighting I ran out of adjustment on the left end still needing 2.5 Mils to get a zero. So I was scratching my head thinking this can’t be right it worked on the AR. So to eliminate the possibility the base was the problem I mounted my Vortex HST 4-16X in ARMS #22 rings and that zeroed within 1.5 mil of that scopes center wind age adjustment. Then mounted my 34mm Leupold in Badger rings and that zeroed within 1 mil of that scopes center wind adjustment. Then I mounted the Arken back onto the AR and turns out it’s zeros .7 mil ready to run out on the left side. So seems I have an Arken whose wind age is not centered. I hadn’t read about this particular issue. It’ll need to go back to Arken for service. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe something jamming your the erector assembly?

It seems you've done everything you can to narrow it down to the scope. Next step is to send it back.

Yep just fired 1 rd on my AR 6.5 Grendel. Same thing need 2 mils to get a zero. It’s not centered and yes it’s getting sent in.

Just got my EPL-4 6-24x and was very impressed with the glass for the price, but then I went to zero it and got the same issue. With windage adjusted to left max I am still about 0.7 mils to the right of center. Remounted scope, changed to different mount and used two different bore lasers and all the same. Put a couple of spare scopes on and they were right on. What a shame as everything else seemed to punch way above its price range.

Just got my EPL-4 6-24x and was very impressed with the glass for the price, but then I went to zero it and got the same issue. With windage adjusted to left max I am still about 0.7 mils to the right of center. Remounted scope, changed to different mount and used two different bore lasers and all the same. Put a couple of spare scopes on and they were right on. What a shame as everything else seemed to punch way above its price range.
Looks like that issue is still happening. Just send it back in. Arken will get it replaced. They’re good scopes for the money and am enjoying every one of mine

Looks like that issue is still happening. Just send it back in. Arken will get it replaced. They’re good scopes for the money and am enjoying every one of mine
They send you a free return shipping label when you do a warranty claim and if they forget to then just ask for one so you aren't paying out of pocket for shipping it in.

Using Burris Signature XTR rings can fix any scope issues such as this one you have as well if it's in fact not a warranty issue.