• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken Optics Waiting Game

Merk504

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2021
Louisiana
So I'm noticing some bad business dealings with Arken optics preferably there 16 week backorders and I say this because when I ordered my sh4gen2 on December 17th, there backorder was 7-9 weeks and it stayed like that until 2 weeks later my buddy who ordered his in November saw it was now a 16 week backorder and neither 1 of us has gotten what we paid for. I'm on my week 8 of waiting and he's on his week 12 of waiting and seeing that Arken optics is still taking peoples money when they haven't even made good with the people who have been waiting longer than what was advertised. I'm curious to know just how long other people have been waiting on there Arken optics and some feedback on if I should stay waiting on this fairy tale budget optic to get to me, or should I get my money back and say the hell with this budget optic and get the Tract toric or Leopold mark5hd?

I ordered one on12/27. Just this week I received an email from them apologizing for the delay and that there going to be a few weeks behind there expected back order because of the demand. They also said there throwing in a set of scope caps for the inconvenience. That’s not bad business in my eyes. There getting overwhelmed with orders cause it is a great budget scope and lots of people are excited about it. Also comparing it to a mark5 is like stepping up from single A ball to triple AAA ball or the majors there just not the same level or price point. Check your spam maybe if you didn’t get the same email.

OP,
I'd recommend checking your spam.
If you don't have a missing message from them, then contact the company before you go bitching to the world about a product or the wait time.
Arken lists wait times right on their web page.

Oh, and BTW, there's this Covid thing that's causing issues with most product availability.

I see that this is your first post.
It's not the right way to get any respect here, this isn't IG, FB, TW, or any other instant gratification social media.
In fact, it's a good way to get piled up on.

You have a way to contact the company. Do that instead of creating a profile for the purpose of bitching about a company.

I can guarantee it took you more effort and time to create your profile than it would have, if you had just Emailed the people at Arken.

BTW,
Have you done the math on your 7-9 week wait?

We're on week 6 of 2021.

You had less than two weeks left of 2020 during the holiday season.

Add 6 and 2 together and I come up with 8 weeks.

You're still inside of 9 weeks....

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Good call I always forget to see there profile. 1st post is a bash on a solid company, terrible

BTW,
Have you done the math on you 7-9 week wait?

We're on week 6 of 2021.

You had less than two weeks left of 2020 during the holiday season.

Add 6 and 2 together and I come up with 8 weeks.

You're still inside of 9 weeks....
1st off I'm not bashing the company, if you would have read my post you would know that I'm talking about how there doing business and 2nd I know what week I'm on and also my buddy does to because he ordered his a month before me and talked me into getting one, the 7-9week wait I was alright with because I was waiting on my barrel to come in and that came in last week. I mainly posted on here to see just how long others have been waiting on there's and last thing, if a company is not making good on there end to deliver within the set advertised timeframe when purchasing and telling them there gonna have to wait longer but yet still taking order's and the money for those order's instead of putting a halt to it and taking care of the so called overwhelming orders they already have, is bad business.

1st off I'm not bashing the company, if you would have read my post you would know that I'm talking about how there doing business and 2nd I know what week I'm on and also my buddy does to because he ordered his a month before me and talked me into getting one, the 7-9week wait I was alright with because I was waiting on my barrel to come in and that came in last week. I mainly posted on here to see just how long others have been waiting on there's and last thing, if a company is not making good on there end to deliver within the set advertised timeframe when purchasing and telling them there gonna have to wait longer but yet still taking order's and the money for those order's instead of putting a halt to it and taking care of the so called overwhelming orders they already have, is bad business.

I did read your original post. Otherwise, I couldn't have done the simple math.
Are you aware of the merged Arken threads?
Most likely not, because within those merged threads is a constant stream of order vs delivery dates.

Again, this doesn't bode well for you. Instead of poking around to educate yourself, you decide to create a profile for the sole purpose of questioning the business practices of a company.

In your second post, which is your response to me, you're still questioning business practice and shitting on a company without taking any time to educate yourself.

I'm not going to spoon feed you like you want myself and the rest of the Hide to do.

Go look around.
Do a bit of reading.
Educate yourself.

Otherwise, I'll have to post this pic in your honor.

Screenshot_20201027-165112_Chrome.jpg

Ordered sh4 gen2 on Nov 9 2020 and was shipped Jan 11. Lead time was 8-12 weeks when ordering.

Good call I always forget to see there profile. 1st post is a bash on a solid company, terrible
Scope caps, really dude I can care less. I paid for the scope because that's all I wanted and I would be ok with waiting a little longer than the tim
I did read your original post. Otherwise, I couldn't have done the simple math.
Are you aware of the merged Arken threads?
Most likely not, because within those merged threads is a constant stream of order vs delivery dates.

Again, this doesn't bode well for you. Instead of poking around to educate yourself, you decide to create a profile for the sole purpose of questioning the business practices of a company.

In your second post, which is your response to me, you're still questioning business practice and shitting on a company without taking any time to educate yourself.

I'm not going to spoon feed you like you want myself and the rest of the Hide to do.

Go look around.
Do a bit of reading.
Educate yourself.

Otherwise, I'll have to post this pic in your honor.

View attachment 7558538
Wow you really are fucking retarded you keyboard tough guy because apparently you don't know how to read and understand what your reading, so before you tell someone about getting educated that you might wanna take your own advice and as far as the "hide" goes, it's just laughable

Reactions: locotrician
Ooh, now I'm a tough guy and retarded to boot.
Ooooh, ooooh, ouch, that hurt my feewings.
Thanks.

Was it the image of spoon-feeding an infant that set you off, or your accusation of me not reading, and now apparently not understanding your post?

You remind me of my EX-wife.
She accused me of doing everything she did because it made her feel better. Samezies.

By the way, your grammar and punctuation are horrendous.
You should have used the scope money to purchase a tutor instead of having it sit in limbo.

I await your difficult to read and even harder to comprehend response.

Scope caps, it’s called a good jester of a company doing there best to keep up with demand. Just like the email they sent that you apparently haven’t read or don’t care about or can’t comprehend. Have some patience and wait, more likely it’s your age? Maybe? Probably not used to not getting what you want or when you want it. Maybe it’s not your age and you still have a problem with not getting what you want when you want it. At least wait till there a week or two late too cry and want to cancel your order not a week or two prior. Shoot something else you own in the meantime hopefully this isn’t the only thing in your life that brings you some joy. Go easy Leanord, easy

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
So I'm noticing some bad business dealings with Arken optics preferably there 16 week backorders and I say this because when I ordered my sh4gen2 on December 17th, there backorder was 7-9 weeks and it stayed like that until 2 weeks later my buddy who ordered his in November saw it was now a 16 week backorder and neither 1 of us has gotten what we paid for. I'm on my week 8 of waiting and he's on his week 12 of waiting and seeing that Arken optics is still taking peoples money when they haven't even made good with the people who have been waiting longer than what was advertised. I'm curious to know just how long other people have been waiting on there Arken optics and some feedback on if I should stay waiting on this fairy tale budget optic to get to me, or should I get my money back and say the hell with this budget optic and get the Tract toric or Leopold mark5hd?
*their

Well I could go out on a limb here and say that it may be that there getting a quality optic for under $400? Maybe they don’t have $800? Not why I ordered one but a pretty good reason not to lol at people? But to each there own.

LMAO thre are ton's of complaints about Arken taking money to "finance products" that aren not made/not in inventory.
I don’t see the big deal. Give me your money, wait an ESTIMATED wait time and receive the promised product after we pay someone....wait for it...with some of your money to make it. If you are too impatient to accept the stated estimated wait time, then don’t order it. I’m sure the company would rather not have your business than get bashed on a public forum for shit they told you was going to happen. Barrel company owners have spoken out on here about how rude some people have been to them through this pandemic. Everyone knows wait times have been erratic and often much longer than estimated, due to unforeseen complications from the pandemic.

There's always the Vortex strike eagle 5-25x56. EBR-7c illuminated reticle, ffp, 34mm tube, zero stop, locking turrets, included throw lever.
They got my money.

There's always the Vortex strike eagle 5-25x56. EBR-7c illuminated reticle, ffp, 34mm tube, zero stop, locking turrets, included throw lever.
They got my money.
I’m assuming that is also not in the same price point. Not everyone has $800 to spend on a scope

Well I said assuming cause I did think that was a higher costing optic. Was it used? Did you get a deal that the general public doesn’t get? Look teo logical reasons Arken is overwhelmed with keeping up with the demand. One being the amount of people that can only afford $400 and two the amount of people who are excited to get a good scope for only $400. There’s hardly a business in this industry right now who isn’t behind.

I don’t see the big deal. Give me your money, wait an ESTIMATED wait time and receive the promised product after we pay someone....wait for it...with some of your money to make it. If you are too impatient to accept the stated estimated wait time, then don’t order it. I’m sure the company would rather not have your business than get bashed on a public forum for shit they told you was going to happen. Barrel company owners have spoken out on here about how rude some people have been to them through this pandemic. Everyone knows wait times have been erratic and often much longer than estimated, due to unforeseen complications from the pandemic.
Arken isn't selling products that exist, they are taking money, giving the money to the suppliers, and then hoping they will have product to fulfill the orders. a normal company buys the product (ie takes a loan from a bank, not future customers) and then sells from a warehouse...ie the retailer is backordered...not company and not the factory. Also, all of this predates covid...at least if you believe all the threads you are telling the OP to "consult" before making a post.

I don't have any skin in this game other than having looked at them for a tikka t1x build. As you allude to in another post, there is alot of people looking for a $500 piece of glass, that doesn't fall apart when you dial elevation. On paper they are a perfect optic for that general situation.

Arken isn't selling products that exist, they are taking money, giving the money to the suppliers, and then hoping they will have product to fulfill the orders. a normal company buys the product (ie takes a loan from a bank, not future customers) and then sells from a warehouse...ie the retailer is backordered...not company and not the factory. Also, all of this predates covid...at least if you believe all the threads you are telling the OP to "consult" before making a post.

I don't have any skin in this game other than having looked at them for a tikka t1x build. As you allude to in another post, there is alot of people looking for a $500 piece of glass, that doesn't fall apart when you dial elevation. On paper they are a perfect optic for that general situation.
You may have me confused for someone else. I don’t believe I’ve pointed anyone towards other threads nor discussed a lot of people looking for $500 glad that doesn’t fall apart. My post quite clearly points out what, I believe anyway, Arken is doing...which is what you said. I have no problem with that if they’re transparent about it. Why borrow millions or hundreds of thousands to get all your product in stock that may or may not become popular and catch on. Frankly, I don’t have a horse in the race either and couldn’t give a fuck. I certainly haven’t read up on them or posted in other places about it. It just seems obvious. 🍻

You may have me confused for someone else. I don’t believe I’ve pointed anyone towards other threads nor discussed a lot of people looking for $500 glad that doesn’t fall apart. My post quite clearly points out what, I believe anyway, Arken is doing...which is what you said. I have no problem with that if they’re transparent about it. Why borrow millions or hundreds of thousands to get all your product in stock that may or may not become popular and catch on. Frankly, I don’t have a horse in the race either and couldn’t give a fuck. I certainly haven’t read up on them or posted in other places about it. It just seems obvious. 🍻
Sorry if I conflated you with other posters 🤠

The issue of selling products that don't exist (yet) is a problem from a couple perspectives, IMHO.

Company X borrowing from a bank for working capital should be alot cheaper than what a consumer pays (eg credit cards, etc). That means they either can't get such a loan on good terms, or they are so lazy they would use the customer's credit cards to finance coroporate working capital. In the long run, using the wrong kind of finance (ie expensive) takes more money out of the hands of the sellers and the buyers in aggregate.

Hopefully after a couple boatloads of optics/ product generations, Arken will be able to pre-buy inventory. The only caveat is without workign capital/credi lines, how are they going to book the OEM manufacturing facilites to block out capacity? The more successful they are, the more critical it is to get those lines of credit.

Reactions: db2000
So how do we know that is what arken is doing? Is there something put out that claims this or is it speculation? I’m just curious not trying to argue it.

I just want to get in on this clusterfuck before it's locked.
In case the OP hasn't noticed, getting anything firearms related is tough right now. Bought any ammo lately?

Reactions: Simonsza1
People sell them second hand all the time. I got mine cheaper, in about 3 days. I bought it as a step into the MIL transition. Cheap and easy. Keep your eyes peeled.
IMG_20210204_173255.jpg

So how do we know that is what arken is doing? Is there something put out that claims this or is it speculation? I’m just curious not trying to argue it.
Who is "we"? The general problem is the part about working capital lines of credit, that is first semester corporate finance.. it is left up to the reader to decide if the pattern recognition--eg the info in the Arken thread--fits the text book case discussed here. :unsure:

Reactions: 308pirate
Well “we” I was thinking were just some guys on the hide talking about arken. Appears your to cool to just talk about some stuff and more intent on telling us how it is. This thread started terrible and hasn’t been good for a thing. I’m out.

Ooh, now I'm a tough guy and retarded to boot.
Ooooh, ooooh, ouch, that hurt my feewings.
Thanks.

Was it the image of spoon-feeding an infant that set you off, or your accusation of me not reading, and now apparently not understanding your post?

You remind me of my EX-wife.
She accused me of doing everything she did because it made her feel better. Samezies.

By the way, your grammar and punctuation are horrendous.
You should have used the scope money to purchase a tutor instead of having it sit in limbo.

I await your difficult to read and even harder to comprehend response.
He’s going to fit right in here, I can already tell. 🤣

Reactions: Mike Casselton
I can't argue waiting sucks nothing fun about having to be patient . but Ive waited for almost a year to get a scope that when I bought it was supposedly in stock I could have canceled the order but I did want that scope and when I finally got it all the pain of waiting went straight into more range when they sent me the wrong rings which they later told me were on back order shit happens grin and suck it up cause if it ain't one thing it surly will be another . Hopefully your weight won't be that much longer and I hope you love your scope good luck and best wishes

Waiting sux for sure. Be sure to check yours out as I had a bubble in the ocular lense. I had to send back and wait a 2nd time. I really don't care about their business model. Most startups struggle with the financials the first few years. I was told when I ordered my gap in the fall that if I wanted an optic they were seeing 4 to 6 week lag times. Seems like many optic teams are having similiar issues.
Good luck

Charging you while something is on backorder is against every credit card user agreement I am aware of. The credit card agreement retailers sign says, they can not charge you for an item they do not have, and can not charge you until your item ships.

Growing pains with a new company and getting anything out of china is going to be come more difficult.
Begun, the shipping container war has.
China is recalling all of its containers, empty. Creating huge expense and delays.

Yep, solid bunch of guys there at Arken. They’re upfront about wait times and definitely out of there control about delays considering the times. And if you’re not understanding of the delays, let em know, they’ll refund you. I acquired my EP-4 6-24 used and turned out with a mechanical defect. Now that sucks, someone passing off a defective scope. So I contacted Arken and right off the bat asked if I wanted a refund. I said no, looks like an awesome optic for the price and I’d like a replacement knowing I was gonna have to wait. Forgot about it and was pleasantly surprised to see it shipped. Super pumped and can’t wait to get it mounted. Took 7 weeks by the way.
DE09070B-BB6A-422E-85AD-D632456F665C.jpeg

Crazy how people can be so impatient. Everything is backordered right now. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle that I bought and paid for through Liberty Optics back last Black Friday and I still haven’t gotten it. I am not out blasting Vortex or Liberty Optics. I know that demand has been overwhelming and almost every company out there is dealing with increased demand and supply shortages. Two things that don’t go together. You will get your scope. If you don’t want it, cancel and order something else.

WOW! I finally ordered my Arken today and came here to see how close they were coming on their now 16 week back ordered status.Only to find evidently , a couple wannabe businessmen in the scope manufacturing market without ever producing a scope themselves! Not neary a rifle nor bullet to be found , covid still abounds yet our stay-at-home scope makers are upset they can't get their Arken within a few weeks of their stated delivery times. First, stop whining ! It makes you sound like a child , second if you cant wait , cancel your order for the only $449.00 zero stop scope on the planet. Not to mention a bad review about the thing must be a rarity because Ive never seen one ! Whats the old saying?......Oh , Shut up & siddown.

I ordered my son one in December and he got his 2 weeks ago. It is what it is right now. Not a good time to be a startup with supply chain issues. First off they get pushed to the back of the line. Secondly how has any company handled this situation? I dont get the complaining. Cancel your order and move on. It is literally that simple. Instead we get versed about cc policies and such. Is the dumbest shit I have seen. Maybe they should shut it down to make one person happy.

The scopes are being shipped out as fast as they get them. Times are incredibly tough right now, and have been for a while. Patience grasshopper, all will turn out well and good!

DK

I ordered my SH4 gen2 4-16 MIL towards the end of December. It was shipped just as the shipping chart predicted. Well worth the wait.

Anyone who understands how cash flow management and supply chains work doesn't have a lot of trouble figuring it out with about 99% accuracy.

My sh4 6-24 shipped today. I believe my original order date was 12/27. Looking forward to mounting it up.

Reactions: LOS
I love the reticle on the gen II 4x16 and basically everything else about it. My only gripe (and it is basically nit picking), does a 34mm tube with a 50mm objective seem a little large and ungainly for an SPR type rifle? I like the extra elevation you get from the larger tube but 50mm seems to be a little large for an AR. I realize this scope is very versitile and could be used on a bolt gun with ease. How much smaller and lighter is a scope like this than your average 6x24x50, etc?
For me a 3x18x44 or even 40mm seems about right for an SPR.

The 50mm objective works great for a SPR or DMR application!! The 1-1/2” centerline for the mount places the optic at the normal sight height of the AR platforms!!

DK

Reactions: jLorenzo
I ordered in November and mine showed up in the past two months while I was gone. Should have been here in February. I just got back Saturday and I intend to mount it and shoot it today. Initial impression is it's good for the price but not amazing.

If anyone else is about to pull the trigger on one, shoot me a PM! I’ll help ya out!!

DK