• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 4-16x50 vs. 6-24X50

kombayotch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2007
Normally the difference in size and weight between a 4-16x and a 6-24x is is pretty big, but given how similar these are in size, weight and price, I'm wondering if there's any advantage to the 4-16x beyond the travel and slightly bigger FOV at low end. Is the image better quality (comparing them both at 16x) in the 4-16x50mm?

I've never looked through or owned one of their 4-16x scopes. But, some folks have said the image is better in the 4-16x, but honestly, I've been really impressed with my 6-24x SH4 Gen2 scopes...Even at max magnification. It's not AS clear as it is at lower magnifications, and once you get to a point (+20x), there is a slight bit of CA, but it's still VERY useable and functional, and doesn't hinder me or my shooting. The eye box does get a bit tight on the upper-end of the magnification range, but if you're shooting off a bench with bags (like I do) or a nice steady rest, that's not a big deal.

I ended up ordering the 4-16x. In a few of the other threads, it seems to be implied that it has a better image.

Reactions: LoCal247