• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arktis Drag Bag review +PICS

sickeness

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles
After reading a recent drag bag thread, I decided to post a review of the Arktis bag I have been using for the past year. The bag is the standard issue drag bag of the British Army for their AI L96 sniper rifles and the quality and durability really shows.

Let me start off by saying that I am not HSLD by any stretch of the imagination and I have no NEED for a bag of this 'tactical' caliber, but I'll be damned if this isn't the best long rifle range/gun bag I have ever owned.

I have previously used the more expensive Eagle and LBT drag bags and this one blows them out of the water by a large margin. This is a great and underrated piece of kit which can be acquired for a good deal cheaper than other options. The price is $199 direct from Arktis USA or $150 with mil/le discount.

Exterior is a thick cordura material, inside is plastic lining. The rifle compartment is heavily padded throughout.

Features:

Two large exterior pockets on the front and removable backpack type straps on the backside. The smaller front pocket usually contains a TAB shooting mat and a TAB rear bag, the larger pocket can comfortably fit a M4 carbine broken down into two halves:
arktis017.jpg

High quality zippers with large enough teeth as to not cause jams or catching:
arktis010.jpg

The interior pockets have a good amount of webbing with velcro on the underside; the pack also comes with about 10 fastex straps with velcro on the underside which together prevents the straps from rotating and allows you to cinch them down tight.
arktis022.jpg

arktis019.jpg

arktis023.jpg

Two interior pouches, one (cleaning kit pouch apparently) is used for my bolt, the other
fits 5 single stack AIAE mags, I can fit 3 10 round AICS mags also with no problems. Under the mag pouch there is a smaller compartment which I do not currently use.
arktis001.jpg

arktis002.jpg

AIAE and M4 Carbine strapped into the bag:
arktis009.jpg

arktis016.jpg

Re: Arktis Drag Bag review +PICS

What is the longest rifle the drag bag will contain? The web site doesn't say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the longest rifle the drag bag will contain? The web site doesn't say. </div></div>

47" or 48"

ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

Anyway, bag is great, getting some use, at least as good a quality as blackhawk or eagle. I can fit a stock Rem700 w/ a 26" barrel in it (48"?).

I didn't think to put a CAR in the side pocket. Great thinking.

I've used Artkis kit for years and I can tell its all top notch stuff and they are an excellent company to deal with...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the longest rifle the drag bag will contain? The web site doesn't say. </div></div>

47" or 48" </div></div>
Does anyone know if a TRG-42 would fit being 50 inches?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

Anyway, bag is great, getting some use, at least as good a quality as blackhawk or eagle. I can fit a stock Rem700 w/ a 26" barrel in it (48"?).

</div></div>

Here is mine!
grin.gif

1zg92ck.jpg

r2m51h.jpg

b6em3l.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the longest rifle the drag bag will contain? The web site doesn't say. </div></div>

47" or 48" </div></div>
Does anyone know if a TRG-42 would fit being 50 inches? </div></div>

The 47-48 was an estimate. Now that I am home, I measured the bag and it can probably fit 52-53" so I would say yes, the TRG should fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the longest rifle the drag bag will contain? The web site doesn't say. </div></div>

47" or 48" </div></div>
Does anyone know if a TRG-42 would fit being 50 inches? </div></div>

The 47-48 was an estimate. Now that I am home, I measured the bag and it can probably fit 52-53" so I would say yes, the TRG should fit. </div></div>

My PGWDTI Timberwolf is a tad over 51". Would like to try the rifle in the case before I purchase one.

Thanks.

Does Arktis USA have a website?

+1 on Arktis products - great kit!

....but I must admit I sold my Arktis Drag bag in favour of an Eagle
blush.gif

Whilst the Eagle wins out for me on padding/protection, the Arktis was a lot better in terms of the flexibility of the internal webbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

</div></div>

on your suggestion on here, i called the usa importer up. 169.00 plus 16.00 for shipping. they only have it in green. but i think i will be ordering one soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i called the usa importer up. 169.00 plus 16.00 for shipping. they only have it in green. but i think i will be ordering one soon. </div></div>

Only green? Darn.

How come on their webpage it says $149.95 while they're quoting you $169.00?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Screehopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i called the usa importer up. 169.00 plus 16.00 for shipping. they only have it in green. but i think i will be ordering one soon. </div></div>

Only green? Darn.

How come on their webpage it says $149.95 while they're quoting you $169.00? </div></div>

Its because i'm mexican.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArinX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice review, Thanks </div></div>

It made me want to get one. which i will be very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

</div></div>

on your suggestion on here, i called the usa importer up. 169.00 plus 16.00 for shipping. they only have it in green. but i think i will be ordering one soon. </div></div>

Called today and was quoted 195 + shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArinX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

</div></div>

on your suggestion on here, i called the usa importer up. 169.00 plus 16.00 for shipping. they only have it in green. but i think i will be ordering one soon. </div></div>

Called today and was quoted 195 + shipping. </div></div>

Your joking right?

Have they changed the design of their bags, do they still have the shoulder straps or have they been removed to make way for a bigger drag handle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArinX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ditto. Couldn't get it through ARKTIS USA in British DPM (their "woodland camo") so I ordered it direct. How much? About the same as what ARKTIS had in their catalog/price list. The pound-dollar rate wasn't too bad, it was the import duty that was a bummer, about $35. Trying to convince customs it was a gun CASE was fun. F'n morons, buncha equal-opportunity public education victim hirees...

</div></div>

Called today and was quoted 195 + shipping. </div></div>

Your joking right? </div></div>

No sir, Dead Serious. Also asked if the web prices changed over the weekend and was told no they have always been that price..

So I decided to go with a less expensive bag.

Nice bag. I am experimenting with Voodoo at the moment (ordered it and arrived yesterday) if this bag doesnt work for any reason, your bag will be my choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purcell92 where in the UK did you buy your bag?</div></div>

Ill pm you the link mate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey i just called them and there bags are 199.95. damn it was 169.99 a few weeks ago. </div></div>

did he deny the price went up to you too?