• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite 6.5 creedmoor barrels?

Cmiller5

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2013
Oklahoma
Who manufactures 6/6.5 creedmoor barrels for the Armalite platform. I have a couple older Armalite ar10t’s. I am wanting to convert one to a 6 or 6.5 creedmoor. TIA

Compass Lake Engineering will make one for an Armalite. Keystone Accuracy will also. Just have to order and wait.

Reactions: Cmiller5
You can use DPMS pattern barrels as long as you get a DPMS BCG. There would be some considerations for other components though, such as gas tube length, gas block profile and handguard type.

Reactions: GhostFace
You can use DPMS pattern barrels as long as you get a DPMS BCG. There would be some considerations for other components though, such as gas tube length, gas block profile and handguard type.
What are the specifics may need a diff gas black and tube? Or are there certain things to look for ?

Noveske always did armalite pattern for the large frame guns. I’d check to make sure they haven’t changed though. I have a 6.5 from them that is a hammer.

As long as you use a armalite bolt with a armalite barrel and a .068” firing pin you should be good. Been running an armalite bolt in an Lmt carrier for this setup for a long time.

Eta: I think armalite’s gas system lengths are a little different also. Rifle length is 1/8-1/4” longer than what a dpms/kac/etc iirc.

Who manufactures 6/6.5 creedmoor barrels for the Armalite platform. I have a couple older Armalite ar10t’s. I am wanting to convert one to a 6 or 6.5 creedmoor. TIA

As echoed above call up Compass Lake and they will spin one up for you, they have the ArmaLite barrel extensions.

ArmaLite BCGs are pretty hard to beat so I would just stick with that, unless you have 5000 rounds through them then you may want to consider replacing the BCG.

Reactions: Jsp556
What are the specifics may need a diff gas black and tube? Or are there certain things to look for ?
First off, if you're going with the 6mm, you definitely want a bolt with a 0.062" firing pin aperture, and it would be highly recommended for the 6.5. The 0.070 apertures will work on the 6,5, but you need to pay attention to the difference between the firing pin tip diameter and the aperture diameter, 0.001" is good. The only one I know of that makes the 0.062" is the JP high pressure (not the JP standard ), which is DPMS pattern.
DPMS gas journals and gas tubes are AR-15 length and about 0.375" shorter than the Armalite. If your rifle has a free float handguard with a exposed railed or tall gas block, You'll need a low profile GB that will partially be under the handguard. Adjustable gas block would be highly recommended. FSB with drop-in, would require a new free float handguard with a Armalite barrel nut.

Reactions: camocorvette
I had a ss LW on my first Armalite and I burnt the barrel out last year. I replaced it with another LW, they say it's DPMS but my Armalite bolt headspaced fine and I had to use the Armalite gas tube, so it's not really DPMS.

I had a ss LW on my first Armalite and I burnt the barrel out last year. I replaced it with another LW, they say it's DPMS but my Armalite bolt headspaced fine and I had to use the Armalite gas tube, so it's not really DPMS.

Was it a 308 converted to 6.5 creedmoor?

No but they have 6.5 barrels, all you will need to do is swap barrels. Everything else will work for you. Assuming it headspaces correctly....

Last edited: