• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite AR-10 National Match or Gap-10

308Shooter1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I am about to purchase an Armalite AR-10 National Match Rifle. I am wondering your opinions of this Rifle vs the GA Precision Gap-10. I have heard good things of Armalite rifles and can get one pretty quickly for around $1800. I am wondering if it would benefit me to spend the extra $800 and wait to have a Gap-10 built. The Armalite has a 1 MOA guarantee were as the Gap-10 has a 3/4 MOA guarantee. I am asking opinions. Hopefully someone on here has handled both. I have provided a link for the National Match rifle.

AR-10 National Match

Re: Armalite AR-10 National Match or Gap-10

Is it worth $800 and the wait for a GAP 10?

I owned an AR-10T and shot the NM. Both shot better than 1 MOA with 168 gr FGMM. My rifle shot 3/4 MOA all day long.

If 1 MOA is good enough for you, I'd say go for the Armalite.

I have owned 3 GAP ARs, two on Armalite upper/lowers and the other on a Bushmaster upper/lower, as well as a factory AR10T. I noticed better accuracy with all the GAPs when up against the 10T, plus you have the benefit of ordering the GAP to your specs. I had a preference to the mag system on the bushmaster, they just seemed to run better.

Kirk R

armalite under guarantees the accuracy on their rifles..shot mine today and was doing sub moa with a regular a4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckyshot27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">armalite under guarantees the accuracy on their rifles..shot mine today and was doing sub moa with a regular a4.</div></div>

This is what I have heard from Armalite owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it worth $800 and the wait for a GAP 10?

I owned an AR-10T and shot the NM. Both shot better than 1 MOA with 168 gr FGMM. My rifle shot 3/4 MOA all day long.

If 1 MOA is good enough for you, I'd say go for the Armalite.</div></div>

The difference between Armalite and GA precisions guarantee's are 1/4 MOA, and It is said that both tend to out shoot their accuracy guarantees. I just dont know if the GAP is worth to 6mo + wait for 1/4 MOA better accuracy. I handload so I'm almost sure the accuracy of each is a wash. I just cant get over the GAP waiting period. That plus the fact that availability of after market parts is more for the Armalite.

I know I'm biased, but I feel you would be happier with waiting for the GAP. If you have ever owned a custom rifle you would understand, if you ever owned a GAP you would even more. As far as aftermarket parts, you can order the GAP the way you want it, or send them parts you want used for the build.

Kirk R

I second the captain. I've shot both and there is just no comparison. Well worth the extra $$

I have the Armalite and it delivers what I expect from a gas gun. It is a solid sub MOA rifle. They have their purpose but for precision shooting I still reach for the bolt gun. Perhaps the GAP is as good as their reputation? What is your intended use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Shooter1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckyshot27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">armalite under guarantees the accuracy on their rifles..shot mine today and was doing sub moa with a regular a4.</div></div>

This is what I have heard from Armalite owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it worth $800 and the wait for a GAP 10?

If 1 MOA is good enough for you, I'd say go for the Armalite.</div></div>

The difference between Armalite and GA precisions guarantee's are 1/4 MOA, and It is said that both tend to out shoot their accuracy guarantees. I just dont know if the GAP is worth to 6mo + wait for 1/4 MOA better accuracy. I handload so I'm almost sure the accuracy of each is a wash. I just cant get over the GAP waiting period. That plus the fact that availability of after market parts is more for the Armalite. </div></div>

A GAP under-guarantees as well and is actually capable of 3/8moa, but George only says 3/4 because frankly most people aren't capable of shooting under 3/4 and inevitably someone will whine when incapable of shooting 3/8 and want to blame the rifle. Also I don't know where you get that there are more after-market parts for Armalite. Fact is you can get a 6mm, 6.5, or 260 in the barrel length you want and with a Bartlien barrel which is one of the best barrels out there on the market which you can't do with an Armelite.

Add: If you're a reloader then you should be looking at the 6mm GAP-10.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2814921#Post2814921

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dingoding</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I second the captain. I've shot both and there is just no comparison. Well worth the extra $$ </div></div>

what makes it shoot different?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
308Shooter1911 said:
A GAP under-guarantees as well and is actually capable of 3/8moa, but George only says 3/4 because frankly most people aren't capable of shooting under 3/4 and inevitably someone will whine when incapable of shooting 3/8 and want to blame the rifle. </div></div>

Could not be the same said for Armalite? That theirs shoot 3/8th too but they offer 1 MOA for the reasons you stated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could not be the same said for Armalite? That theirs shoot 3/8th too but they offer 1 MOA for the reasons you stated. </div></div>

Eric if you actually read through the thread you'll see where it was already said by someone else. Since I don't own an Armalite I'm not going to comment as to its actual accuracy. I love how like always you took zero notice of the other reasons I stated regrading GAP which are facts you can't deny. We all know you're an Armalite diehard so rather than asking stupid fucking questions to get the same responses over and over again why don't you actually make a response to the OP on your opinion of the subject matter and contribute something worthwhile?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could not be the same said for Armalite? That theirs shoot 3/8th too but they offer 1 MOA for the reasons you stated. </div></div>

Eric if you actually read through the thread you'll see where it was already said by someone else. Since I don't own an Armalite I'm not going to comment as to its actual accuracy. I love how like always you took zero notice of the other reasons I stated regrading GAP which are facts you can't deny. We all know you're an Armalite diehard so rather than asking stupid fucking questions to get the same responses over and over again why don't you actually make a response to the OP on your opinion of the subject matter and contribute something worthwhile? </div></div>

What other stuff did you say about GAP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could not be the same said for Armalite? That theirs shoot 3/8th too but they offer 1 MOA for the reasons you stated. </div></div>

Eric if you actually read through the thread you'll see where it was already said by someone else. Since I don't own an Armalite I'm not going to comment as to its actual accuracy. I love how like always you took zero notice of the other reasons I stated regrading GAP which are facts you can't deny. We all know you're an Armalite diehard so rather than asking stupid fucking questions to get the same responses over and over again why don't you actually make a response to the OP on your opinion of the subject matter and contribute something worthwhile? </div></div>

What other stuff did you say about GAP? </div></div>

Let me know when you actually learn to read with some iota of attention. If you fail to see any of the entire last 1/2 of the paragraph you originally quoted then me re-posting it won't make a difference. Go back to playing with your dolls dude...

First off, I would not buy anything with an Armalite logo on it.

That issue aside, you are comparing apples and oranges. The NM rifle was designed to be compliant with the NRA's highpower Service Rifle rules, which are set around a quasi-M110/Mk12 Mod 1 set of standards for the configuration of the rifle. Yea you could take the sights off it and run it as a field tactical type rifle, but that is not what it was designed and configured for.

The GAP-10 was not designed and built around such rule restrictions and is a much better field/tactical rifle platform. It is built from the ground up as a custom rifle, not a production rifle.

Other than the National Matches at Camp Perry, the only other civie eligible match that recognizes the long range Service Rifle is the Navy matches in CA once a year. Any other mid or long range sling-and-coat match you enter you'll get smoked by the bolt gunners. In across the course matches you'll get smoked by the mouse gunners.

While the AMU may have some variants they put together from scratch on their receivers that do well, I have yet to see a factory Armalite NM 308 perform worth a darned at 600 on back to 1k, and I've shot alongside a half dozen of them in the hands of some of the top AR shooters in the country (team name removed).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could not be the same said for Armalite? That theirs shoot 3/8th too but they offer 1 MOA for the reasons you stated. </div></div>

What other stuff did you say about GAP? </div></div>

Let me know when you actually learn to read with some iota of attention. If you fail to see any of the entire last 1/2 of the paragraph you originally quoted then me re-posting it won't make a difference. Go back to playing with your dolls dude... </div></div>

Can I go on here in addition to playing with my dolls? I did read the the last half of the post. So that is your conclusion, get GAP for the Bartlein barrel? What so great about Bartlein over say a Noveske?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EXTREMEPREJUDICE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Armalite and it delivers what I expect from a gas gun. It is a solid sub MOA rifle. They have their purpose but for precision shooting I still reach for the bolt gun. Perhaps the GAP is as good as their reputation? What is your intended use?</div></div>

I'll be honest. I have a sense of urgency with this purchase because I suspect whatever politician that wins the upcoming presidential election will instill some sort of assault weapons ban. I am looking to make this purchase in November and can get my hands on a match quality Armalite quicker than a GAP. I have a bolt gun that is for precision, but this would probably end up my precision weapon for a SHTF or WROL situation. This will not replace my bolt, which will be replaced next year with the addition of an Accuracy International AE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this would probably end up my precision weapon for a SHTF or WROL situation.</div></div>

Consider the new AR-10A model that uses the SR-25 magazines. You should see moa with match ammo, lifetime warranty. Add the ArmaLite two stage trigger.

The AR-10B models that use M14 mags are excellent shooters also, same warranty. Some real bargain prices for these on Gunbroker.

I have not shoot the GAP but have shot most of the 7.62 AR platforms and find them all to be a accurate rifle. The shooter is the normal limiting factor.

I'm prefer ArmaLite as I own ArmaLite and Noveske 7.62 AR's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Shooter1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll be honest. I have a sense of urgency with this purchase because I suspect whatever politician that wins the upcoming presidential election will instill some sort of assault weapons ban. I am looking to make this purchase in November and can get my hands on a match quality Armalite quicker than a GAP. I have a bolt gun that is for precision, but this would probably end up my precision weapon for a SHTF or WROL situation. This will not replace my bolt, which will be replaced next year with the addition of an Accuracy International AE. </div></div> Just an opinion but regardless of the outcome in a couple of weeks I believe that you would still have time to order and receive the GAP before any AWB would take effect. In any event, the Armalite would fit your intended role for the rifle. Oh, before you purchase the AE, look at the AX......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I go on here in addition to playing with my dolls? I did read the the last half of the post. So that is your conclusion, get GAP for the Bartlein barrel? What so great about Bartlein over say a Noveske? </div></div>

Lol... You still didn't read or you just didn't comprehend. I also said they offer other calibers. As for Bartlein Barrels whatever I say you'll simply try to come up with some retarded argument so feel free to read the thread below and argue with him...
http://w.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1360579&page=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I go on here in addition to playing with my dolls? I did read the the last half of the post. So that is your conclusion, get GAP for the Bartlein barrel? What so great about Bartlein over say a Noveske? </div></div>

Lol... You still didn't read or you just didn't comprehend. I also said they offer other calibers. As for Bartlein Barrels whatever I say you'll simply try to come up with some retarded argument so feel free to read the thread below and argue with him...
http://w.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1360579&page=1
</div></div>

I read your post and particularly for a reloader the opportunity to get the rifle chambered in the preferred calibur is a nice feature.

Don't leave out the ability to get an extra upper or two that will match the lower as well.

Might not do it right away due to cost, but the ability to have a couple uppers that shoot lights out is nice to have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I go on here in addition to playing with my dolls? I did read the the last half of the post. So that is your conclusion, get GAP for the Bartlein barrel? What so great about Bartlein over say a Noveske? </div></div>

</div></div>

Trapped! I thought you were going to say that. I already had my canned answer, so can I open the can now? Here is the canned answer:

You can get any caliber you want with Armalite Rifles too, some of these barrels with other calibers you can get direct from Armalite. Also the OP does not seem to care for other calibers to start, he seems he wants .308 to start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As for Bartlein Barrels whatever I say you'll simply try to come up with some retarded argument so feel free to read the thread below and argue with him...
</div></div>

What is there to argue? He is just telling us his experience with Bartlien barrels. Not much to talk about when a guy shares his experience if I have not shot a Bartlien myself.

However, I am asking you.. what is so special about Bartlein that you would choose a GAP? Also can you not get a Bartlein barrel for your Armalite? Why do you have to get a GAP to get a Bartlein barrel?

why doesn't GAP use Armalite barrels?

I'll let somebody else answer that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trapped! I thought you were going to say that. I already had my canned answer, so can I open the can now? Here is the canned answer:

You can get any caliber you want with Armalite Rifles too, some of these barrels with other calibers you can get direct from Armalite. Also the OP does not seem to care for other calibers to start, he seems he wants .308 to start. </div></div>

Oh no! Cartmann has me trapped! Or not...

Go to their website. They offer 7.62, .243, and .260 and that's it. They don't offer 6.5 or 6, or 270. Now I assume you'll go into your normal bullshit about how you can get one with a swapped barrel blah blah blah...

As for Bartlein the proof is in the results. I don't see Armalite winning precision shooting competitions. Do you somehow feel your Armalites are going to be worth less if you don't somehow try to boost their confidence by touting their unpublished accolades? Are you worried your AR-10 might try to off itself in the middle of the night? Don't worry Eric... I'm sure it will be ok. If it had any reason to commit catastrophic failure it would be the PTSD from it's user.

Quick! Someone tell all the professional & recreational shooters out there who've been mislead to spending $3k on a rifle when we could spend >$2k and get the same thing with an Armalite...

Having owned both.....and if your only requirement is accuracy....then the GAP-10. I would also agree, that a custom built from one of the top builders is by far better than any rifle from the general manufacturers.

Like one of the other posters stated, if you're looking to shoot NRA Service Rifle, then get the Armalite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me throw a wrench into all this debating. Check this out: http://www.pof-usa.com/p308/p308.htm

Hmmm look Familiar? Wearing out some steel as well. Got mine for $2,300 out the door. Just sayin </div></div>

What wrench? GAP has POF manufacture their frames, but past that the internals are completely different including the barrel. And you can only get the rifle length handguard from GAP as POF only makes that length for them.

What is different with the internals and what is the difference in the rifle length handguard they make for GAP and the one on the POF rifle. I have the Hunter rail which I believe is what you are referring too. The barrel of mine seems to produce great groups and could possibly be better if I could shoot it better.(only had for 2 months now) I also put a 2 stage Geiselle trigger in it. Not a fancy match trigger etc. I appreciate it.

Actually Hogan makes the uppers and lowers for both GAP and POF.

GAP is a gas gun, POF is piston. There are internal differences due to this.

GAP offers custom trigger choices, though I hear the POF trigger is GTG.

Gap has an option for adjustable gas blocks, this may be necessary for you or may not.

There are many who feel GAS is more accurate.

Barrels on both are good, Rock vs Bartlein

Again, POF is a great rifle, but customization is key. If the POF has everything you are looking for, great. If there are things you might change getting it custom made makes more sense.

Customization is always the way to go if you can and know how to as I have a custom 5.56 I built. I purchased the POF due to being able to get such a great gun from the get go. Ditched the trig for a better one.

Will be ditching the flash hider for another as soon as my can comes in.

I did not research to know GAP was gas not piston. My apologies. I can only wonder if there is any "credible" research that confirms gas is more accurate than piston? All I can say is that with the piston I am getting great groups and haven't even hit the sweet spot with my loads(reloads) I am testing for it yet.

And I do not have all of the mess to clean inside my BCG and upper!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trapped! I thought you were going to say that. I already had my canned answer, so can I open the can now? Here is the canned answer:

You can get any caliber you want with Armalite Rifles too, some of these barrels with other calibers you can get direct from Armalite. Also the OP does not seem to care for other calibers to start, he seems he wants .308 to start. </div></div>

Oh no! Cartmann has me trapped! Or not...

Go to their website. They offer 7.62, .243, and .260 and that's it. They don't offer 6.5 or 6, or 270. Now I assume you'll go into your normal bullshit about how you can get one with a swapped barrel blah blah blah...

As for Bartlein the proof is in the results. I don't see Armalite winning precision shooting competitions. Do you somehow feel your Armalites are going to be worth less if you don't somehow try to boost their confidence by touting their unpublished accolades? Are you worried your AR-10 might try to off itself in the middle of the night? Don't worry Eric... I'm sure it will be ok. If it had any reason to commit catastrophic failure it would be the PTSD from it's user. </div></div>

I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

So are you saying GAP knows how to screw in a barrel better than me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me throw a wrench into all this debating. Check this out: http://www.pof-usa.com/p308/p308.htm

Hmmm look Familiar? Wearing out some steel as well. Got mine for $2,300 out the door. Just sayin</div></div>

Thanks for the wrench. But even $2300 is a bit out of my range when the urgency of my situation is thrown in the mix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP is a gas gun, POF is piston. There are internal differences due to this.

GAP offers custom trigger choices, though I hear the POF trigger is GTG.

Gap has an option for adjustable gas blocks, this may be necessary for you or may not.

There are many who feel GAS is more accurate.

Barrels on both are good, Rock vs Bartlein

Again, POF is a great rifle, but customization is key. If the POF has everything you are looking for, great. If there are things you might change getting it custom made makes more sense.

</div></div>

Armalite offers an adjustable gas block which is the standard on their SASS rifle. I have looked at the specs on the SASS and they match that of the National Match. So in the future I will be purchasing their gas block when I add the inevitable suppressor to the platform.

PS: The piston vs gas argument has been beaten to death. It is the general consensus that gas IS more accurate than piston though not by a large margin. Most people chose piston because the weapon can be run more reliable when "dirty" that gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick! Someone tell all the professional & recreational shooters out there who've been mislead to spending $3k on a rifle when we could spend >$2k and get the same thing with an Armalite... </div></div>

If you are truly a "Pro" you get your stuff for free, so why would you get the Less-Gucci Option? Like the Top echelon of Motorcycle Racers, they sell off last years bikes to use this years bikes! why? because they get it for free and they can!!

If you are a wanna-be pro, well it's a hobby, and gear is important when it' comes to hobbies because fashion is important. You have to wear/use what's in style, you know what I mean? Have you ever seen an awesome dancer wear a potato sack and dance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

So are you saying GAP knows how to screw in a barrel better than me? </div></div>

I know that if you buy the GAP you'd only be buying one barrel, compared to buying an Armalite with a barrel then buying a second barrel.
Having the manufacturer back up a rifle you changed the barrel on may be a challenge as well. The OP may want to have the guarantee.

Thinking about getting an SPS. How you like yours? I was going to get the stock gun then eventually get a different stock etc. etc. Is that what you did?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

So are you saying GAP knows how to screw in a barrel better than me? </div></div>

I know that if you buy the GAP you'd only be buying one barrel, compared to buying an Armalite with a barrel then buying a second barrel.
Having the manufacturer back up a rifle you changed the barrel on may be a challenge as well. The OP may want to have the guarantee. </div></div>

I see your point. I though think of guns as a hobby, and part of the hobby is putting the gun together, and playing around with it to see what works. If working on guns and going on the internet to just do a little bit of research, is not for you, then by all means, call GAP and give them your credit card number instead of going on the web like this site here: http://www.junkyardgenius.com/firearms/ar-15/ar07.html

Also you can buy just the matching Upper and Lower from Armalite, and not the whole gun, this way you get to pick each part. Does not even have to be Armalite uppers and lowers, Matens also are getting good reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

Having the manufacturer back up a rifle you changed the barrel on may be a challenge as well. The OP may want to have the guarantee. </div></div>

I see your point. I though think of guns as a hobby, and part of the hobby is putting the gun together, and playing around with it to see what works. If working on guns and going on the internet to just do a little bit of research, is not for you, then by all means, call GAP and give them your credit card number instead of going on the web like this site here: http://www.junkyardgenius.com/firearms/ar-15/ar07.html

Also you can buy just the matching Upper and Lower from Armalite, and not the whole gun, this way you get to pick each part. Does not even have to be Armalite uppers and lowers, Matens also are getting good reviews. </div></div>

I understand, but the OP asked about ordering a GAP or an AR-10. He made no reference to building his own rifle. I agree with the skill to do so it is the best option to get exactly what you want for the best price (in many cases). Again, he gave no hint that it was a consideration for him.

Worth noting though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about getting an SPS. How you like yours? I was going to get the stock gun then eventually get a different stock etc. etc. Is that what you did?</div></div>

Yes. I bought the SPS years ago and then came on the Hide last year and these idiots got me hooked on this precision crap. Since then I have put over $2500 into what was a $500 gun, not including ammo. I did it piece by piece, like most who dont have an incredible amount of disposable income. The SPS is a good gun out of the box. But if you stay on this website enough, eventually it will look nothing like what came out of the box. I will probably be selling it once I make my Accuracy International purchase next year. You will not be disappointed and it will serve you well. If you have any questions, you can PM me and there is a wealth of information on this site as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

Sure you can, but that's not a stock option which means now you're trying to twist the argument towards buying the Armalite then swapping out its basic components. And Bartlein sells blanks, so good luck just screwing it in. You can have it chambered and threaded but guess who they use to do it? I'll give you a hint... It starts with GA. <span style="font-weight: bold">And for the record... if it involves any part of a rifle, YES GAP IS BETTER THAN YOU!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand, but the OP asked about ordering a GAP or an AR-10. He made no reference to building his own rifle. I agree with the skill to do so it is the best option to get exactly what you want for the best price (in many cases). Again, he gave no hint that it was a consideration for him.

Worth noting though.</div></div>

I have looked into building an AR-10 but I neither have the tool, time or space to do the job properly. Not to mention that when I looked into it, it seemed like rocket surgery. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think purchasing one is the best option for me.

I love the FACT Eric that you've taken a discussion involving what the product actually comes with and tried to spin it into how you can "Customize" the cheap version to get the already built competitors version yet still try to maintain that the same question applies. He asked about stock products in relation to performance, not how you can swap out 1/2 the rifle to make it as good as it's competitor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't buy a Bartlein for my Armalite? I myself think AR's are simple devices, and accuracy is all in the barrel. I know how to screw in a barrel... I have heard of many techniques that makes an AR more accurate, but I myself don't think it's needed... much like reloading! So many hocus pocus and magic, but I have found that all that hocus pocus has nil effect on accuracy.

Also you can buy just the matching Upper and Lower from Armalite, and not the whole gun, this way you get to pick each part. Does not even have to be Armalite uppers and lowers, Matens also are getting good reviews. </div></div>

I understand, but the OP asked about ordering a GAP or an AR-10. He made no reference to building his own rifle. I agree with the skill to do so it is the best option to get exactly what you want for the best price (in many cases). Again, he gave no hint that it was a consideration for him.

Worth noting though. </div></div>

Yep.. well if Armalite Gurantees 1 MOA shooting from a vise, and GAP guarantees 3/4th MOA shooting from a vise, and you save about $800 going with Armalite, to me the choice is obvious.

I think I am going to get into the Gun Vise business now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the FACT Eric that you've taken a discussion involving what the product actually comes with and tried to spin it into how you can "Customize" the cheap version to get the already built competitors version yet still try to maintain that the same question applies. He asked about stock products in relation to performance, not how you can swap out 1/2 the rifle to make it as good as it's competitor. </div></div>

Armalites are not cheap, 7075 Aluminum uppers and lowers, and they have no slop between upper and lowers. As a matter of fact, I have a hard time closing my upper and lower together sometimes because the fit is that tight.

Check out my post above this one.

Oh and Please Discuss some more, you are teaching me a lot! I love discussions were I learn from Operators like yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yep.. well if Armalite Gurantees 1 MOA shooting from a vise, and GAP guarantees 3/4th MOA shooting from a vise, and you save about $800 going with Armalite, to me the choice is obvious.

I think I am going to get into the Gun Vise business now!</div></div>

LMAO @Gun Vise Business...

Actually GA Precision no longer advertises the 3/4 MOA Gaurantee on their website, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I just remember from previous research.

What Uppers and Lowers does GAP uses? Let me guess, they use Mordor Uppers and Lowers right? The ones forged from the Fires of Mordor and made by Elves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep.. well if Armalite Gurantees 1 MOA shooting from a vise, and GAP guarantees 3/4th MOA shooting from a vise, and you save about $800 going with Armalite, to me the choice is obvious.

I think I am going to get into the Gun Vise business now! </div></div>

Exactly where does it say "from a vice" in GAP's guarantee Eric?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armalites are not cheap, 7075 Aluminum uppers and lowers, and they have no slop between upper and lowers. As a matter of fact, I have a hard time closing my upper and lower together sometimes because the fit is that tight.

Check out my post above this one.

Oh and Please Discuss some more, you are teaching me a lot! I love discussions were I learn from Operators like yourself. </div></div>

There's the Eric I know. Going straight towards the Mall Ninja you are making comments at me like "Operator" when I've made ZERO reference to anything of such. And a "Tight" fit between the frame doesn't mean it has a tight chamber or tight tolerances but that their CNC machine simply cuts the frames close.