• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Armalite AR-10 Super SASS gas system help?

Sgt.Dozer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Mississippi
I recently purchased the complete adjustable gas system for my AR-10. My problem is I have all the parts stripped. The Super SASS manual doesn't describe or show an exploded drawing of the complete assembly. If anyone knows this assembly, I would greatly appreciate your help....

Re: Armalite AR-10 Super SASS gas system help?

Three bastard rings on each grove. If you can do that you are home free.

Lube the assembly and start it into the block. Carefully ensuring the gas rings are clocked at different possitions. Make sure you do not allow them to overlap on assembly.

Once you get the valve and rings on, slip the knob over the shaft with the spring and detent ball in place. Use a small punch to hold the knob in position and insert the roll pin from the oposite side.

Run the roll pin slowly and allow the punch to come out. After that all you have to do is insert the gas tube into the nut, and screw that assembly onto the valve.

Install the assembly on the rifle, align, torque down.

Oh, almost forgot a step. If you are like me, once you get the tube and nut secure and go to install it, cuss like a sailer because it is too big to fit the forearm you have and kick yourself for not buying the SASS rail as well!

Hope this helps a little anyway.

Re: Armalite AR-10 Super SASS gas system help?

Gunner
Thanks for the reply and it helps alot. Still waiting for the SASS rail to come in. As a matter of fact, I am getting impatient over it. Actually thinking of getting a Daniel Defense Lite 12 and machining it to fit with the block so I will have a continuous rail upstairs. Hooah...