• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite AR-10B Super SASS ?

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
Ok so after laughing my rear off at the local gun show because the prices are coming back to normal and hearing some complain how they just spent way more then they should have a month or two ago. I located a NIB just on the shelf AR-10 B Super Sass. $2,900.00. I picked it up, fell in love and well the rest is history. I guess I won't have to worry about finding the parts for a new build now lol. Any fellow Hider's running one of these? Any issues with how it runs or shoots? Obviously the mags might be hard to find, since this is the B model, A model uses P-Mags. Lucky me found a few at $60.00 bucks for Armalite 308 mags and are now mine as well. Figured with ammo being the way it is it would be nice being able to shoot both 7.62 NATO and 308. I read that FGMM 168 are the best for this set up, which I use anyway and I wont be shooting over 500 yds.

I took an AR10T and basically made my own with a different handguard.

I love the SASS barrel in particular, great barrels -- Can't say enough about them.

My only pet peeve was the gas block, there wasn't "enough" sweet spotting for me and I'm about 7 months out on my suppressor so I swapped to a PRI AGB.

I'm VERY VERY happy...

Mags aren't that hard to find to be honest, just have to look...Sitting on ArmaLite's facebook does some justice as well, just picked up 2x25ers this past week.

I'm shooting Hornady 168 HPBT 1/2 MOA or better from 100...From what I've heard, any 168gr really does well down the tube.

I have a T that I turned into my own SASS before they even made them. I love my Armalites as well as my friends who have them. Scarry accurate rifles, I don't know why they don't get much love here but oh well. I say the only thing you have to do id feed it good ammo, factory or reloads and you both will be happy. I have some gen 1 mags that have never failed me that I would part with for $30 plus shipping.

AR-10TGroup_zps3196826d.jpg

I dont shoot my 700 anymore...

Last edited:
I had that gun and sold it because I wanted something a little lighter and I also wanted to use PMags. Gun ran flawlessly and was a .75 MOA with both FGMM 168 and Black Hills 175.

-Shaky

I just bought a new armalite supersass 2 weeks ago. i didn't have a scope for it initially. I shot 20 rounds with a red dot and found it impossible to hold on target. I got a 308 titan muzzle brake, a vortex PST 4-16x50 scope, & warne xtra high tactical rings. I took it to the range at 120 yards and tediously broke the barrel in properly and zeroed the scope. I only shot 17 rounds all together. The last five were in less than 0.75" using cheap PMC 150 gr ammo. My savage FCP 5R will put 8 bullets in 0.4" with the same ammo.

the titan muzzle brake is awesome. The sass shoots like an AR15 or better. It stays on target like a dream.

i love mine, got it off here, it is more than i will ever need. i have been lucky to pick up m118lr and match at non rabid prices. mine has only had the 168 and 175s. like i said it is more than i will ever need.

Love mine! I am an Armalite AR10 fanboi, have 2 of them. Here are my AR10s. My SASS now has a Novekse 21" Barrel on it. My other AR10 has a Rainer Arms 16" Schillen Ultra Match Barrel on it. Both have Giessele triggers, the SASS has the High-Speed Match, and the 16-incher has a SSA-E. Both are awesome shooters, but the SASS is dam heavy!

IMG_2010-vi.jpg

I love mine - an older one with a 1:11.25 twist. Think new ones are 1:10 now. With 168 gr A-Max handloads (Lapua brass, varget, BR2 primers) it's a .5 - .75 MOA rifle. Maybe better, but I'm not that good a shot, so I tend to blame myself for anything .75+ ... I'm going to try some 155 Scenars in it next.

It was my Very Favorite Gun until I got my TRG42. :)

I am glad that the accuracy claims seem to be consistent. I will break /season the barrel in as recommended in the manual. Did you guys use whatever ammo for break in fodder or did you use match grade ammo or milspec? Does it matter for just shooting fodder? I will be using milspec 7.62 for general messing around and 168 FGMM for paper and stretching the legs out a bit.