• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARMALITE AR10 7.62 NATO SASS MILITARY SASS RIFLE K

Coolbreeze558

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
I was looking for a good .308 semi-automatic platform and started looking at this. The AR10 sass from armalite. The website I have has this kit for the price of $6,192:

ADJUSTABLE GAS SYSTEM
ARMALITE FLOATING RAIL SYSTEM W/ COVERS
MAGPUL ADJUSTABLE BUTTSTOCK
FLASH SUPPRESSOR WITH AAC SUPPRESSOR
FRONT SIGHT BASE: QUAD PICATINNY RAIL HANDGUARD
UPPER RECEIVER: FLATTOP W/ PICATINNY RAIL & LASER ENGRAVED RAIL NUMBERING
ARMALITE 1-PIECE RING MOUNT COMBO
LEUPOLD MKIV 3.5x10 40mm LR/T M1 ILLUMINATED RETICLE MIL DOT SCOPE
STARLITE DIE CUT CUSTOM FIT CASE WATER TIGHT TRANSPORT CASE
OTIS MILITARY CLEANING KIT
HARRIS DELUXE BIPOD
10 & 20 ROUND MAGAZINE
USMC QUICK ADJUSTABLE SNIPER SLING
SLING SWIVEL MOUNT
OWNERS MANUAL

Here's the rifle in it's case with everything and the case is included in price.

AR10 SASS RIFLE

I wanted to know if anyone thought that with everything included and labor that this was a fair price or should I put together my own.Thanks

Re: ARMALITE AR10 7.62 NATO SASS MILITARY SASS RIFLE K

I think for $6000 you can do better. But it depends on your needs wants. I would buy the rifle,optics, suppressor seperate. YMMV

What suppressor comes with it ? I don't see one pictured

I personally thing it is a little high priced

you can get a same quality rifle with a better optic for less in my opinion

Last edited:

Your paying alot for the labor and profit margin of someone putting it together.

Take your time, hit the various sites and learn so tht you don't
make an ignorant or impulse purchase.

I am a hard-core ARMALITE fan. I have never met an ARMALITE AR-10A4 w/20" mid-weight chrome lined not shoot under 1" @ 100yds with some type of U.S. off the shelf fodder. Hornady 150gr SST @ 2820fps being the norm. I have gone through four of them and still have the one from the 2010 4th of July Sale. My brother shot 7/8" and 3/4" groups with it around the 1st of this July. And that is with a sub $300 Burris FF II Tactical on it.

P1010031.jpg

Take a standard 10A4 and have GAP or APA stick their favorite pipe on it and you should not be shocked at what it can do, once you edjumakate yourself.

Me, I'd send them the bolt and tell them my requirements and reassemble it myself. If they don't want to play, Krieger will in half a heartbeat.

I also didn't see a suppressor in there.

I think for 6 grand you could achieve more. How bout like an LWRC REPR? That puts you out like 3.5 grand or so and has everything pictured there short of the optic and bipod, plus now you've got a piston driven rifle.

Thanks, so I take it the consensus is to just assemble it on my won for cheaper. That's what I was saying.When I added up all the parts and what they cost it was barely 5000. I was also looking at the LWRC REPR 20" w/a bipod and scope (any suggestions as to which brands suit this system best). Any suggestions as to which platform is more suited to precision shooting/stalking.I'd like to explore semi-auto.

There are a lot of options for an AR308 platform rifle under $3K that don't require you to build or put anything together (except maybe mount a scope).

Even looking at that package, the SASS is $3K:

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?it...a0-49488ec48776

And, AAC suppressors run about $1K plus the Leupold at about $1K.

That puts you at $5K plus the additionals, which seems to come under the $6K package.

Outside of that, a standard Armalite AR10T might suit you just as well and save you a grand or more.

Use this young grasshoppa...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">SNIPER'S HIDE CUSTOM SEARCH ENGINE</span></span>

Look up guns like GAP10, Larue OBR, LMT MWS, RRA LAR-8, Armalite AR10.

For a purchase this big you should take your time and study up. Look for good customer service as well.

I have been slow paying on a POF308 AR for a while now. If I could have my money back I would probably go with the new GAP10 that GA Precision is putting out. I have heard a lot of good reports on the gun and the guys putting it out. Do your homework though. Good luck.

if you want the Armalite SASS, get the rifle only... you don't need the kit with all the xtra rubbish you can conjure up for cheaper... and beware, about the AAC suppressor, the older SASS had the slip over collar with a AAC mock suppressor, the newer ones also come with the mock suppressor but it looks a lot like the NT4, make damn sure you aint gettin charged 1k or better for that BS.

The suppressor appears to be wrapped in plastic located in the foam cutout with the magazine, between the lower receiver and the bipod. Can't tell whether or not it's one of the fake suppressors or the real thing. Even if it is real, the price for that kit seems too high.

Yea just get the rifle only. IF you want an Armalite.

If not then I'd take a good look at the GA Precision GAP-10.

I wish I had as much options when I bought my AR10T back in 2000-ish... Armalite and the AR10 have come a long way but there are so many other competitors in the .308 AR market it's crazy. If I could do it again, idk if I'd get the Armalite... maybe a GAP10, SR25 EMR, or LMT MWS.

The relic:

1zgunvq.jpg

I think you can do much better...

Here is my rig. $4,280, plus another $695 for the suppressor.

Photo0081.jpg

Optics is a IOR Scope, Suppressor is Yankee Hill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What suppressor comes with it ? I don't see one pictured

I personally thing it is a little high priced

you can get a same quality rifle with a better optic for less in my opinion
DSC_0011.jpg
</div></div>

Beautiful rifle, what are the specs?