• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite ar10 handguard question

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Hi,

Im looking into switching out the freefloat handguard on my armalite ar10. I know a lot of things with them are proprietary, and im having issues finding out if the handguard/barrel nut are as well. Can i put any ar10 handguard on this rifle, or will i have to order the armalite specific. Thanks for you time.

PRI Gen III Free Float Tube Handguard Quad Rail AR-10 Rifle Length Carbon Fiber Flat Dark Earth

532188.jpg

95413E5C-2E6A-4A57-9EFA-610DE38218E8.jpeg

Black 12.75”

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...free-float-tube-handguard-lr-308-carbon-fiber

Last edited:
    When I still had my AR10, the only companies making rails were SWS and Midwest Industries. Yes, you need one specific for Armalite.

6jqi7Va.jpg

The Armalite key mod is very well made, it locks up tight and it’s light weight and narrow. This one pictured is an A4 that I had the barrel chopped to 16 inches. I have one on my T too but I had to have the barrel turned down at the gas block because the .875 low profile gas block would just barely fit under the rail. I wouldn’t want any other hand guard on them, not a Geissele or a KAC even if it would fit. They are really that nice....

Attachments

• CD777277-5CE4-47DE-95BD-6C84B1460B8A.jpeg
      CD777277-5CE4-47DE-95BD-6C84B1460B8A.jpeg
      630.5 KB · Views: 68
    Armalite uses a different barrel nut thread pitch than others. The top rail height is a DPMS-High equivalent.

SLR makes a number of rails to fit Armalites. Specify the Armalite barrel nut when you order.

2qkjitd.jpg