• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite AR10 (T) available, link inside

Joeyhotfizzle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
Florida
Alright guys I have tried searching but nothing useful came up.

I'm contemplating about purchashing an AR10 TN, it's a special editon T. The barrel is sand blasted instead of being shiny and the forward part of the handguard has four rails on it. I know they are guaranteed 1MOA. How true is this claim? I will be reloading for this rifle so I can make some decently accurate ammo.

So what kind of groups are you having with this rifle, 1 MOA would make me happy for a gas gun.

Thanks guys,
Joseph

Re: Armalite AR10 (T) accuracy

Hey bud,
Which model AR10 is it your looking at? The carbine or the rifle version? Be careful with the carbine version, there was a limited run that they had some problems with hence the limited run.

I have a 10T and it is sub-moa with my handloads

badkarma85, It's the rifle model. They have it in 20 and 24 inch. Also $2200.00 is a little too much even though these are "special editions" (military over runs) right?

CKA, thanks man. I have been reading and it sounds like these rifles are over gassed. Did you have to change/modify your gas block in order to fix this?

Thanks guys,
Joseph

I run a can on mine and it was overgassed to begin with. I added an adjustable gas block plus a carrier weight to mine. This has helped alot. BTW mine is easily submoa with handloads. The only factory match that I have shot through mine has been FGGM and TAP, this too was submoa....

Thanks ghostface, it's seems like you know a lot about AR10's. I will PM you more questions if I decide to buy one if you dont mind. Is $2200.00 too much? I know the regular T's were around $1800 before this AR craze.

Thanks,
Joseph

If it won't shoot sub MOA,, it sucks,..............if it's a "T".

$2200 is about what they are going for now with the Obama scare...

My old AR-10T was a shooter, shouldn't have sold her. Most of the time she was an easy .5-.75 MOA shooter, when the stars aligned she would print .3 MOA (168gr FGMM).

JB

i had one that i sold to a member here...it had JP fire control components....and could stack holes

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I'm convinced and I will be purchasing one either tom or thurs. I will keep everybody updated. Thanks again.

Here's a pic of the rifle I'm taking about.

ac7c45560474b5f1f84768682817ce77.jpg

cool, they are fun to dress up

RO061.jpg

I have an AR10A4B I've owned for over 7 years. It came with the 20" heavy chrome-lined barrel. It has an adjustable 2-stage trigger and JP Enterprises free-floating hand guard.

This rifle is not a AR10(T), but here is what's interesting for you, Joeyhotfizzle. This rifle that didn't carry the Armalite MOA guarantee the AR10(T) does, shoots sub-MOA with my 175gr SMK's and I've done ragged 1-hole strings with Black Hills Red box 175gr.

Evidently, my flat-top non-(T) doesn't know it's an overachiever!

Bottom line: If a standard heavy barrel AR10 can shoot well, {and most shoot quite well,} have no fears Joeyhotfizzle, that a (T) model will meet Armalite's guarantee.

CKA, that is one nice rifle!

Fn,
grin.gif
thanks for the insight bud. Ya'll are a bunch of convincing peoples... And please just Joey, haha...

Thanks to you guys I just dropped $2200.00 on a new AR10 TN
grin.gif
! Just placed my order and she should be here next week. It's the model that I posted above.

Here's the description from the website:

We got in a special run of the hard-to-find Armalite AR10 Rifles. These military contract over-runs have additional features not found on the commercial versions. These military grade rifles have gone through additional testing at the Armalite factory and come with a bead blasted barrel.

Features:

Model: AR-10(TBN) with Free Float Handguard in OD Green
Caliber: .308⁄7.62mm NATO
Barrel: 20″ Triple Lapped, Stainless Steel, Match (Bead Blasted Finish)
Rifling Twist: RH 1:11.25″
Muzzle Device: None
Front Sight Base: Gas Block with Picatinny Rail
Upper Receiver: Forged Flattop with Picatinny Rail
Trigger: Two Stage National Match
Finish: Hard Anodized Aluminum, Manganese Phosphated Steel
Accuracy: 1 MOA
Included with Rifle: Two 20 round Magazines, Black Case, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty

I cant wait!

thats a fair price considering it was in stock and ready to be shipped out. Ive noticed a lot of places marking up their firearms just because manufactures are running long back order times.

Congrats on the purchase! My AR-10T has the shinier SS 24" barrel and can shoot sub-MOA all day with Federal Gold Match. You're gonna love it.

I can't believe they are in stock anywhere. If I wasn't in the middle of two builds I'd pick up one of those 24".