• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite ar10-T I just bought couple days ago

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
Pics of my AR10T I bought. Its used and is a early model of the armalite ar10-T. This is a pic of it before I got it. I did not buy the scope in the pic that was on it. I will be getting the prs stock thats on it in picture shortly but right now did not have enough cash to get the stock also so bought it with the a2 stock. Its had 450 rds or more through it and does not look like it all and has a bedding block in it also. The barrel has been cut down a 1" and recrowned. I am guessing and hoping its a LW barrel. Its a 5 digit serial #. I would like to pick up a 300 rsaum at some point if they are worth having that is. I do want to put a custom match trigger in it and a custom buffer if it makes any difference. The LPK is OD. The 2 10 rd mags and bolt stock are gen 1. I will be adding a ergo tactical deluxe sure grip soon. I would like a ambi safety since i;m a lefty but the parts are od so may not do that. What would you recommend for the ones who own them to do to it besides adding the prs stock and better match trigger?
ar10t-1-1.jpg

Re: Armalite ar10-T I just bought couple days ago

looks good dude... I dig my 10T

looks good. I really don't think you need any other mods besides the trigger and prs stock. It is good to go

Easy way to tell barrel maker: my understanding is that the LW armalite barrels are polygonal. If yours has lands/grooves, it's not a LW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sideshowbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good. I really don't think you need any other mods besides the trigger and prs stock. It is good to go </div></div>

lol... you may turn your nose up at mine then

Someone got a pic of polygonal barrel maybe vs lands and groove barrel? I believe I seen that style but I can't make out mine forsure. I have 6 narrow parts thats kinda shiny and rough looking and 5 parts that what normally call lands but it maybe the opposite on this one but its very dark gray and wide and hard to tell on mine which is the raised part and which is not.

I shot it but did not get it sighted in yet nor checked the accuracy. I am going tomorrow to sight it in and find out the accuracy of it. I enjoyed shooting it and it ran 100% with fed match 168. The recoil was mild to me and really wonder if a slash buffer would do much for it? The buffers are high priced to me and not sure if I would want to spend the money for little gain. Now I just hope its more accurate then the avg ones are. It would be nice if its a consistant .5" shooter but will see.

Congrats on your purchase!

Save yourself some money and weight and don't buy the Magpul stock. You might want to look at the Armalite technical library and download some files to read up on your rifle.

The barrel on a T is not a lightweight thing. The polygonal rifling refers to the shape of the lands and grooves. To my knowledge nobody has used the polygon twist, no lands or grooves, since H-K was doing it in the 70s/80s. I have a L-W 10T barrel and it is grey blasted ss, rather than the bright stainless of the regular 10T. All Armalite barrels are extremely high quality so not to worry. Hard for me to see why anyone would cut a 24" autoloader down only by 1", but...

Ditching the Magpul stock will save you about 2lbs.
I would not worry about replacing that trigger either.
Very likely you can get a good stockweld and sight picture for a scope with up to a 50mm objective and 30mm tube by just using medium height rings. Warne Maxima are very good if you want QD lever rings.

Good luck!

I shot it and its pretty accurate. It likes Blachills 168 little better than fed 168. I got several 100 yrd .5" groups and some were even better of the .5" groups just one rd or two would open it up to .5". I shot 3 to 5 shot groups. over two days at the range i shot 54 rds and it never seemed the heat from the barrel mattered. It never got real hot and I was suprised and it cooled down quicker than I expected also unlike my rem pss and my fn spr.

I did get a double fire that was very fast and I was suprised it cycled with no issue. I fired once and it fired twice and putting the third rd in chamber(I believe)and leaving a light firing pin strike on it. It never did it again the second day I shot the gun and i was only few rds into shooting it out of 36 rds that day. I think the hammer road the bolt carrier back down and never caught to reset like it should. I'm not sure if it is due to maybe lighter charge or what? I was afraid it hurt my gun. it put both rds through same hole on target. It was fed match older ammo. it did not hurt the gun that i could tell at the range and hope not at all. It was like a quick double tap like a fa. It is a single stage trigger that is light and crisp but light. My rcbs trigger gauge says 3 lbs but it does not feel like it to me and feels like 2 lbs maybe.

make sure you pull the trigger all the way thru...the recoil causes the double fireing most often.