• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ArmaLite customer Service?

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
I just contacted Armalite about a magazine that came with my rifle and broke at the follower after 1 round. My rifle is a Noveske and uses ArmaLites proprietary magazines. I was told by ArmaLite to get ahold of the company I bought the rifle from to deal with the issue of the faulty mag. Is this SOP when something goes wrong with an Armalite product? In reality the company I bought the rifle from bought the rifle from someone else also so what gives here?
I sent a rather heated email about not having to dig up my great, great grandfather to prove which local mercantile he bought is 1893 lever action from when it breaks, I just contact the maker and we figure out how to make it right. I guess my question is, is this sort of thing SOP or is the ArmaLite guy being a douche?

Re: ArmaLite customer Service?

another thread asking about the same damn issues? Attention much?

I think you are just karmically F@#$%&!!! The Gods have looked down on you from upon high and decided that you are unfit to own a Noveske N6 or any other centerfire rifle. You should box the whole thing back up...broken mag, scratched rifle and all, slap a mailing label and postage on it, and return it from whence it came before the Gods get REALLY ticked off at you and cause a catastrophic failure of the entire weapons system while you are behind it.
crazy.gif

All jabbing and joking at you aside (okay...most of it anyway)...I have never had an issue with Armalite's customer service department. If you'll recall from your very recent thread on this same subject and your Noveske woes...I am the one that advised you to contact them and ask about a replacement for your broken follower. I wouldn't have sent you there if I didn't have the utmost confidence in Armalite's ability to address your problem in the same way they have assisted me over the years. I have never called and received anything but the absolute best attention from them over nearly 2 decades of owning Armalite rifles/carbines and purchasing numerous parts/components for builds directly from them.

How did you address the problem with them? Did you tell them a long tale of woe about your "damaged Noveske" (i.e. - NON-ARMALITE RIFLE), etc., etc.? OR, did you just say "I have a Gen II Armalite AR-10 magazine with a broken follower...what can I do to get a replacement for my broken follower? Who did you speak with? Were you short or bitchy to anyone? (Again...all going back to your Karma being out of whack).

If you really feel that you have been wronged by the good folks at Armalite or that you just got an irritated, overworked CS rep, here is a suggestion. Leave here IMMEDIATELY! Go over the AR15.com and find the industry section of the forum. From there, find Armalite's dedicated sub-forum and post a POLITE, CIVILIZED inquiry about you having a Gen II AR-10 magazine with a broken follower that occured on your very first time using the magazine. Ask about how you can go about getting a replacement magazine follower since Armalite does not sell magazine parts aside from complete mag rebuild kits (and complete mags). Remember, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar (back to cleansing your Karma)! Your other option is to CONTACT NOVESKE since it is a NOVESKE rifle...just happens to use Armalite mags!

I have had nothing but good experiences with anything to do with Armalite. I have had very little to ever go wrong with any of their products to begin with, but they have always done things right with me when something does go wrong.

Give them another try...

DK

I remember ORD thanks. I went the email route and will just try following up on the phone. It's been a long week so I might have presented myself like Vajayjaypunisher does. Lol j/k. I will call tomorrow. I might have mentioned that it came with the rifle I bought I def did not mention the issues I had with said rifle. I obviously should have just called like you advised and will give that a try tomorrow. I was just amazed that they didn't offer to let me send it in myself. I appreciate the help

I had a problem with a vehicle and its warranty. Stateside it isnt a widespread vehicle and the USA rep is in (shudder) North Carolina. My first attempt to get help was a rat fuck. The guy was taking my call instead of going to lunch. he was a tad irritable. Week later I needed some specs and the SAME guy was honey.

Now sounds like you tried to buffalo the Armalite folks into warrantying a deal someone else made. Take my vehicle, it has some electronic components you can buy online from a myriad of USA distributors and not the vehicle's company. But do you think ANY of those electronic companies will warranty the part?

No sir, I have to go back through the vehicle's people.

So sad to be you but you maybe 'stuck' paying for a follower. Dont be too upset, tell you what, setup Paypal and we can all pitch in and help you with this finacial burden.

Now not wishing to be judgemental because I know we dont do that sort thing in here but you do seem a tad demanding and high strung over stuff. Maybe you were just meant to deal with life's little bumps by yourself. Perhaps we could form a support group and help you with stuff like this.

Good Luck

Don't send in the mag unless they just want it for some bizare reason like to inspect the failure/try to determine "why" it broke (they really don't need that kind of nonsense in their shop as they have plenty of other work to do without wasting time repairing mags). Ask simply about whether or not you can just get a replacement follower to replace the broken one in your as-new, once-fired Armalite Gen II AR-10 magazine. You can easily replace the broken follower yourself by simply removing the mag floorplate, disassembling it down from there, remove the old broken one and inserting the new one. Its a 2min job (maybe 5min if you haven't done it before or if you need to clean the mag while you have it apart). Now, you may have to pay for the follower (or at least some S&H from IL to WA) so don't be alarmed...it isn't a big deal. Don't forget what I said before though...while you have someone's attention, go ahead and place an order for a 5pk of mags for $150!!! Great deal and unless you buy used or happen into an incredible deal...you won't do any better and they may just throw the replacement follower in the box with your other mags for no charge.

I'll call them tomorrow and ask about a replacement follower and the magazine pack. I appreciate the help. Sorry if I have been ranting, it's been a trying week in other areas. Thanks for all the help.