• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Armalite SUPER SASS Barrel question

HK_guy31

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2008
Lake Stevens,WA USA
Hey all I am brand new to the site and am currently trying to find out who manufactures the barrel on my Armalite SASS, I have done some pretty extensive research and so far have not been able to find this information anywhere. I would appreciate the knowledge this membership has on this.

Also I am debating a puchase of the geissele dmr trigger or match to replace the stock Armalite national match and would appreciate any information on the difference between them. Iis this worth the money over the factory in terms of overall accuracy and performance?
I use the rifle at a range out to 650 meters and shoot both paper and steel.

Thanks-

Re: Armalite SUPER SASS Barrel question

I know Armalite had used Lothar-walther barrels before, but as for their SASS I'm not too sure.

The Geiselle DMR or Match Hi-speed trigger is possibly the best trigger on the market. As far as accuracy is concerned, the Armalite NM trigger won't do you any harm. In terms of triggers the Geiselle hi-speed trigger out performs the Armalite because of its user adjustable settings, also settings to smooth out receiver tolerances, sear engagement, low wear materials. Whether the $270 is worth it for the GA hi-speed is up to you.

I would shoot with the NM trigger for a little, then if you want to later get the GA hi-speed.

Nice guns aren't they???
i talked with a rep at Armalite a week ago got his card and contact info for my area, i'll try and get more info as to who manufactures the barrel, here are some specs you pry already know.
20" Triple Lapped Ceramic Coated
Stainless Steel Match
RH 1:11.25"

I appreciate the information guys keep it coming, I am still curious and will find out sooner or later. Afterward I will post my findings on the hide for all to see.

I will take the advice and stick with the Armalite for now, and yes I love this rifle, it shoots way better than I do no doubt.