• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite Super SASS Build?

boxsrus

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
SC
Ok I have a Armalite Super SASS that I would like to make more accurate. What can be done to help this and at what cost? Thanks!

Re: Armalite Super SASS Build?

Install a match trigger; a lot of people recommend Geisselle, Timney, and JP.

Something to keep in mind is the rifle will only be as accurate as the shooter. It's foolish to expect the rifle to be a sub-moa tack driver if you aren't a sub-moa shooter. Armalite, Knight's, POF*USA, LWRC and many other's I've not mentioned can place whatever 'MOA guarantee' on their products they choose but the rifle cannot do what the shooter cannot make it do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boxsrus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok I have a Armalite Super SASS that I would like to make more accurate. What can be done to help this and at what cost? Thanks! </div></div>
working up a custom handload will help, i'm still using the NM two stage trigger, and i'm getting about .6-.7 moa avg for a 5 shot group @ 100yds, i'm looking to upgrade my trig assembly.

An upgrade to trig assembly is a good idea. I shoot bolt most of the time and was trying to get to 1/2 moa with this gun. Thanks for the info. What bullet are you using to get .6-.7?

load data, 44.5 gr varget, 175smk's, fgm210's, oal 2.810 velocity about 2660.

Good info i will load some and try. Thanks!