• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Armalite vs DPMS

cintar

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
Bradenton Fl
I am begining to put together an AR-10 and I need some advice! I have an Armalite lower and bolt! I like the DPMS 18" barrel and need to know if it will match up if I try to configure it that way???

Re: Armalite vs DPMS

From everything I have researched, if it will headspace, you will be fine.

You will need the DPMS gas tube and you will need to use an Armalite upper to match your lower. The DPMS upper will not work.

However, I would suggest you just order a 20" Armalite barrel and have it cut and ported for 18" or have a custom made at 18". If you decide to go a different route, let me know if you want to sell the bolt. I haven't bought a bolt carrier group for my build yet.

Pat M, your the man. Thanks for posting that, I've never seen it and its the best thing I've ever seen come out of Arfcom. I know I've unintentionally pissed a few off telling them Armalite builds AR10's and no one else. That thread sure helps folks understand a little better why us AR10 (Armalite) fans are how we are. And please everyone, no pissing contest, thats not at all what I am trying to do. Like I've said before, there are several good makes of .308 chambered AR's out there anymore. Thanks again Pat.

okie

10-4 Lone Wolf! My reasoning is I have heard some good things about this SASS barrel by DPMS and I can score one soon for $350! There is a Noveske upper on Gun Broker w/ 21in barrel that still hasnt met its reserve at $1875! I have my AR 10T upper and want to build a more versatile upper! Any other ideas for barrel companies to flute an 18in?

Might be worth your time to call Brux barrels. Know they have done a few AR-10 / LR barrels. Price might be a bit more than what you pay for a SASS barrel from DPMS.