• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Armasight Contractor 320 6-24x Dedicated Thermal

joe777

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2023
Minnesota
Hello everyone,

Creating this thread to share info on a new Armasight thermal.

This one has a 6x base mag, 320x240 core, and a 4.4 deg horizontal FOV giving it about 72 pix/deg. So far I am liking it and it is easy to use. It will be used for coyote hunting and I should be able to make shots 300+ yards easily in good conditions, and hoping for 400-500.

The one issue I have noticed so far is that my zero doesn't track when digital zooming to 12x and 24x. It appears to shoot 6-12" high at 100-300 yards, but at base mag it hits right at point of aim. This was repeatable and makes me think it was zooming on the original point of impact before i zeroed the reticle. I have contacted Armasight about this and hopefully it gets resolved. The zero has held at 6x base mag through 100 rounds, a few power cycles, and zooming in/out.

Made in the USA.

Here is a pic of the scope:
20231001_142738.jpg

Another pic of the thermal view on steel targets at 330 yards under what I believe is mediocre thermal conditions. Phone camera was zoomed in 2x causing a slight amount of picture quality degradation. Pine tree at 25 yards causing interference on the right side. Daytime. Sand backstop, targets, and trees are all in cooler shade while the field in front was in the sun. Daytime, 80F, some humidity. Target on left is a life size steel coyote that was heated in the sun, but was probably at air temp when the picture was taken. For what it's worth, a few turkeys walked right in front of the targets and they were brighter than the steel targets and the backdrop.

20231001_132119.jpg

I will try to take more pictures as I am able to. It's not exactly easy to take a picture with my phone that is worth posting. I have videos under better thermal conditions at 100-300 yards that do it more justice. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhereNow&How
Good information, hopefully they get it lined out quickly and you can get after the coyotes!

Video below of long distance targets. Deer (and a couple yotes chasing them?) on right were 1000-1200 yards, standing deer on left were 800 yards. Most buildings on skyline were 1+ miles. Recorded video quality is slightly worse than image through scope.

What’s closest distance you could reasonably use this at 6x?

It gets annoying inside 100 yards due to the narrow FOV. I think the 3-12x25mm 320 version would be fine up to 200 yards.

I also picked up the same scope but the 25mm version and have been using it successfully as a spotter.